New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Version: 1.8

Author: Ccoa

Introduction

I made this script to do everything all the separate message systems did in one script, plus a few things no one had done that they should have.

Instructions

An instruction manual is included in the demo.

What's New in Version 1.8   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

what to do, that the graphic would appear in the text? i have tried the "$game_system.face_graphic_position = BOTTOM" script, but it just doesn't appear. Could someone please insert a video or picture how to do it?. I have inserted the code. . Please help.

Share this comment

How to display an icon? I know the message code, bu t how to write it? Like: my weapon's name is Peap, so I have to write \owPeap ? Or \ow[Peap] ? Tried both and some more examples, but it just doesn't work. HELP???

Share this comment

Hi there, I'm having a little trouble, just wondering if anyone could help... errr, I'll explain this as thoroughly as I can.

So the script is great! I've got faces, name tags & auto fitted text all working at the same time =D

I'm using shortcuts like \c1, \c2 etc to call different faces.

However, I keep getting confronted with this error "Undefined method 'width' for nil:Nil class".

I know that it's doing this because it's looking for a value of the size of the face graphic that I'm not always telling it.

I was just running a little parallel process at the beginning of each scene that self switches off to solve this & that was fine, but I'm also trying to show text & faces in battles, so I can't add this process. Besides, even if I figure out a work around it's a pain in the ass (and it feels sloppy as hell).

So the question is: Can anybody give me a line of code that I stick into the script so that it assumes a value when I haven't designated it. e.g. If there is no value for the width of the face graphic the program will just assume that graphic is 100px wide. (oh and tell me exactly where to put it).

Share this comment

Minor bugs,

text sometimes goes out of the text box,

cant scroll up in scroll mode, at least in the demo.

Face flip doesnt work at least in the demo.

Event 38 in the demo doesnt seem to do anything.

Major bug, misnamed variable, crashes on slave text windows.

Script UMS

Line 2837

replace text.gsub!

with @text.gsub!

Share this comment

First of all, this is a really good script. However, I've been having trouble with the 'Comics' function. The text box seems to get stuck at the top of the screen, and the TALK1.png image is above the text box instead of below, where it should be.

I copied everything over directly so I don't think there's anything wrong with the script itself.

The project I'm working on also incorporates the BlizzABS script. Could that be the problem?

Share this comment

On 5/12/2020 at 1:58 PM, IanThePerson2 said:

please let me find a message script that hasn't been fucking deleted I beg you

What do you mean? This one is right here, I just downloaded it the other day.

Share this comment