New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Enigma

{FP14} In the year 20XX (Story)

In the year 20XX

The members of the RMU community huddle together quietly in the thread. Outside they could hear the chaos and horror as the world was ravaged and the gaming industry went berserk. Undeterred, they began to craft the story for the game that would be the savior of the company and of the world.

This is the Story Discussion and Development thread of the FP14 community event. Character Development has been moved here.

Story setting is now confirmed: Post Apocalyptic Future Dystopia

The setting is set several decades after Post-Apocalypse, where most of the nation on Earth is destroyed and there's just a few humans left. Human lost most of their technology, and begin to adapt a new one for the survivability on the new environment. Though most of their modern technology is lost, they still retain some of the technology. Most of the new technology are a lot convenience than the old one, but the distribution and the pricing are monopolized by some company that develop them. Knowledge and Technology are priced on top on this world. A lot of rediscovered technology are considered as Lost Technology or Ancient Technology, and some of them are not well known before the apocalypse and rediscovered.

The Apocalypse can be set up by natural disaster or technology failure (nuclear or something else, e.g dangerous experiment) and destroy most of the Earth, and give effect to the land and the human, such as mutation and pollution. Some mutated human are either gain abnormal abilities or degenerated into some monstrous form yet still retain some of their intelligence. A lot of new races are rising, and the discrimination on the community spreads. There's some that uphold their position as Pure Human that despise the mutated one, and there goes the racism. Casualty are just an everyday news.

The world power balance is gone and the laws are almost nonexistent anymore. There's still some governance is some cities that govern their home independently, so that chaos are suppressed. But crimes are still happening in the town, and hard to dealt with. Gangsters, terrorist, and criminals are around, ready to take some action for their satisfaction. Though the condition are hard to live in, there are some place that able to overcome it by working together and live peacefully.

Story is now confirmed: Unite the World

*whoa, double post, I'm breaking all the rules today*
Character's for the story

5zym.png
Name:Valentine
Race: any
Importance: Important
Background: A naive idealist who was recruited by Hale into the Youth Liberalists.
Role:Bad
dislikes: The Crows, resistance, failure, corruption, injustice
Hobbies: Birdwatching, singing, drawing
Skills: Highly Intelligent, Political skill, dancing
Class and Weapon abilities:
Histories: Before joining the young liberalists, she was aiming to be the top ballerina despite not enjoying it very much. She often practices without thinking about it.
Friends: Hale
Enemies: Hale, Keida
Extra Info:
t3v0.png

Name:Hale
Background: The Main Character. He formed the Young Liberalists and The Crows with Keida. He believes he can change the world with charisma and guts alone.
Role:Good
dislikes: 
Hobbies:
Skills: Resourceful, Survivalist, excellent tactician
Histories: Before joining the young liberalists, she was aiming to be the top ballerina despite not enjoying it very much. She often practices without thinking about it.
Friends: Keida
Enemies: Valentine

Extra Info:
a6mz.png

Name: Keida
Background: A bandit that Keida encounters outside of the city, He has ambitions to make the best bandit group in the world and is convinced by Keida to make the Crows.
Role:Good/Neutral
dislikes:  Authority, Young Liberalist
Hobbies:
Skills:
Histories: 

Extra Info:

Story Rewrite:

After the Second Exodus, nearly 75% of the human population was wiped. Governments evaporated and society degenerated into a state of total anarchy. A state of nature where every human was in a constant state of war with each other. In order to protect themselves and restore order, people formed city states from the remnants of government that managed to sources of authority and protection. Those outside the walls of these city states were not so fortunate and had to fend for themselves. However, eventually the city states grew in power and began to sap resources from the already strained post-apocalpytic environment.
Hale, a youth who has spent his entire life enclosed in the walls of his city state, starts an activist group that seems to have good intentions. He even invites his childhood friend Valentine, who had been looking to get away from her dancing career, to join the group. All seems to be going good until, Valentine accidentally commits a crime, and Hale takes the blame in order to protect Valentine's future. Unfortunately, the crime turns out to be very serious, and Hale is sentenced to death by exile despite Valentine's effort at saving him.
Being cast out into the hostile world, Hale has to survive on his wits alone. He encounters Keida, the leader of a rogue group of bandits and convinces him to transform his group, the crows, into a force of unification outside of the city walls. He aims to forcibly unite the world under one rule. While many see the The Crows as evil, the Hale believes in the cause and that by uniting the world they can achieve peace. 
Unfortunately, the Valentine has the same idea and starts uniting the city states to make a powerful competing force with much better resources and technology. But unlike the Hale who seeks to unite everyone equally, Valentine wishes to unite the world under the city states control.
The Hale must fight against the corruption of power, while leading his ragtag group of bandits to victory against a much better equipped foe with just as much determination as his.

Although the setting and story are now voted on, feel free to give suggestions on how to modify or improve either or both
Voting will commence later on!

Post your story modifications, setting additions, genres you want, and anything else unrelated to the game mechanics here for discussion. There is no real format; however, please be descriptive. For example when describing a genre try and use a sentence rather than a word. Describe your characters personalities, motivations, history, physical appearance, etc. You can make suggestions in pieces or you can give a whole description with a setting premise and characters. Note that these elements will be divorced from each other when we are voting on them so be aware of this. For example, Kyle might be from the future, but our story takes place in the middle ages (example). Also please give constructive criticism to help develop ideas, and setting more rich.

PP: 2 points per meaningful post

Edited by Enigma

I'd love to have the game set in pre-historic times.

the hero/ enemies can be from an ancient humanoid race (reptilian?) rather than humans.

they can be as advanced as we want, but I think it'll make sense if they use 'ancient' technology: stone-head spears, weapons made of bones. dinosaurs can be used for battles: either as 'summons' or as the 'mount' of a certain characater/class. ie, having a 'Dinosaur rider' as a class, where each 'level' gives access to different dinosaurs. there could be magic too- maybe the 'magician' class can be a witch-doctor sort-of-thing, using skulls etc. I'm thinking of having 'tribes' of these humanoids, where each has slightly different 'race'. some can be pterodactyl-like and be capable of attacking from the air, som can be more muscular/bulky and be 'warriors' etc. the main hero can go around and recruit help from other tribes, to build a party/army.

as for battle style, if possible, a Red Alert sort-of-game can be nice, where you control multiple units and tell them where to stand /which units to attack. rather than having to drag your units around huge maps until they get to the enemy, I suggest this: the player collects an army by talking to NPCs, then tell them where to gather (at a certain map, where the opposing army is sitting). when you enter the map, the player can arrange them, and then start the battle. we can combine that with the 'race' thing, and have 'flying' units, ground units, fast units, heavy-hitting-slow units, etc. imagine gathering a group of 100 units to attack a huge demon/dinosaur. or a whole team of demons. on a volcanic background *-*

it'll take a script for mouse control, the battle itself can be done using events. I have a couple scripts I've made that I can help (from my event paradise script, which isn't released yet. including: giving events data, like attack, hp, etc. auto-generating events on a map, and a projectile-shooting system)

we can base the story around ancient myths. ie: the Leviathan can be a gigantic 'demon' trying to destroy the world. the wild enemies around maps can be predator dinosaurs, where as the Leviathan's troops can be demons/ghosts/giant bugs, etc.

regarding resources for the game-

we can use 'tropical' tilesets, forest tilesets, and volcano tilesets.

we can give the player a sense of scale (being relatively small), by using 'tree house' tilesets with huge trees, as well as huge dinosaurs like sauropods being the "ground" in some maps, where the player is walking on their back.

as for the plot/characters, I'll leave that to other people.

note we don't have to stick to dinosaurs for the mounts, any 'primitive' beast can work with the theme, including made-up ones.

Edited by Metaclaw

Post Modern Magical Space Fantasy

Essentially, Magic takes the place of technology and has developed with this into modernish times. Rather than the industrial revolution, a Magical Revolution takes places where magical energy can be harnessed cheaply and efficiently kind of like oil and coal in our times. Still the best magic is reserved for the educated, the elite, and the talented hold the best and most powerful magic. Magical Space flight has been developed and the citizens of the planets are just starting to branch out and explore.

The planet consists of mainly humans, who are hinted to descend from elves, but the elves themselves have died out or interbred since they have dismal birth rates and have interbred with humans. The other races are in the minority. As such the most prestigious and powerful magic families have the most elf blood.

However, the magical civilization begins to make contact with a mysterious entity from outside their star system, Aliens who seem to be the long lost race of elves.

Its similar in setting to P12 (Forum Project 12) but takes place a few years in the future.

elaboration: its an alternate earth taking place during the "space age" which takes place from the moon landing to now except that there is no cold war, and magic has replace technology. The story takes places on one planet(Earth) mainly, but their are Aliens who make contact with Humanity, and those aliens are related to the ancient elf civlization humanity descends from. At this point, they are just exploring there own solar system, which doesn't have any aliens just mythical creatures.

Edited by Enigma

Now how do I explain my story ideas? Since I'm not a native user of english :v

Anyway, I'll roll :)

The setting is set several decades after Post-Apocalypse, where most of the nation on Earth is destroyed and there's just a few humans left. Human lost most of their technology, and begin to adapt a new one for the survivability on the new environtment. Though most of their modern technology is lost, they still retain some of the technology. Most of the new technology are a lot convenience than the old one, but the distribution and the pricing are monopolized by some company that develop them. Knowledge and Technology are priced on top on this world. A lot of rediscovered technology are considered as Lost Technology or Ancient Technology, and some of them are not well known before the apocalypse and rediscovered.

The Apocalypse can be set up by natural disaster or technology failure (nuclear or something else, e.g dangerous experiment) and destroy most of the Earth, and give effect to the land and the human, such as mutation and pollution. Some mutated human are either gain abnormal abilities or degenerated into some monstrous form yet still retain some of their inteligence. A lot of new races are rising, and the discrimination on the community spreads. There's some that uphold their position as Pure Human that despise the mutated one, and there goes the racism. Casualty are just an everyday news.

The world power balance are overthrowned and the laws are almost nonexisted anymore. There's still some governance is some cities that govern their home independently, so that chaos are supressed. But crimes are still happening in the town, and hard to dealt with. Gangsters, terrorist, and criminals are around, ready to take some action for their satisfaction. Though the condition are hard to live in, there are some place that able to overcome it by working together and live peacefuly.

The plot is just a cliche plot where the protagonist involved in some scheme and overthrown some evil villain. Details can be added later, but I'd like the story to be focused on value of human rights and life.

That's all, and I hope my concept is understandable :)

can we vote for our own idea? :o

even though I might vote for yours. I like the idea of using the same idea as an older forum project.

Name: Eddie

That's what people called him. His full name is open for discussion.

Race: Human or Cyborg

Importance: ???

What the heck is importance?

Background: Agent or Cyborg No. 500
Role: Good

Dislikes: Soda

Yes, this is random

Hobbies: Lurking around.

I left the rest of the field empty for an open discussion since I think this guy is interesting and I shouldn't monopolize him :v

Skills:
Histories:
Friends:
Enemies:
Extra Info:

Edited by black mage

Name: Daniel Constant Hall
Race: Pure Human
Importance: Great
Background: A rather rotund fellow who used to work for a big corporation hacking their networks to security loop holes and providing fixes for them, Now his skills a\re better used for accessing corporate databases to sell black market tech to those who have enough money to pay for it.
Role: Both - He steals tech from corporations and sells it to the people who want it but can ill afford it but he still makes a decent price.
Likes: Hacking, Technology, loop holes and rich corporations.
dislikes: extremely poor people, poor corporations.
Hobbies: hacking, hacking, hacking and more lovely hacking.
Skills: Ultra Hacker (can hack ANY mainframe network or server based corporation database)
Class and Weapon abilities: Genius he weilds a keyboards and rail gun.
Histories:
Friends: Eddie :p
Enemies: Norton Nexus, Angela Avaste, Esetta Evangeline, H.A.L
Extra Info:

Could we just use the staff (real names) of the site for the main characters? Just a thought before I continue, mostly because it's easier than trying to think of a whole bunch of names. 

that's slightly lazy in my own opinion ace :p I used a twist of my own real name with a feature so my name is daniel hall and constant is a scriptuing joke of sorts as it refers to a constant variable in rgss :)

Not really lazy if the staff agrees, my vote is in, but still need the others. Plus it's just an idea if we center the story around the staff as the main characters. This would only include the staff's name, gender, race, and avatar choosing. Everything else would be ideals of the people writing the story.

Could we just use the staff (real names) of the site for the main characters? Just a thought before I continue, mostly because it's easier than trying to think of a whole bunch of names. 

that's slightly lazy in my own opinion ace :P I used a twist of my own real name with a feature so my name is daniel hall and constant is a scriptuing joke of sorts as it refers to a constant variable in rgss :)

Not really lazy if the staff agrees, my vote is in, but still need the others. Plus it's just an idea if we center the story around the staff as the main characters. This would only include the staff's name, gender, race, and avatar choosing. Everything else would be ideals of the people writing the story.

Any kind of character with any kind of name can be submitted regardless of origin as long as it has a name to which also has no restrictions. For example look at black mage's Eddie. Or Princess Plum, she's a character I literally just came up with.

Generally, its better to make fleshed out characters then leave it up to the community cause you will have a better grasp on your character then the rest of the community, especially if you didn't flesh it out to begin with.

For example, did you know that Princess Plum hates plums? Of course you didn't.

Furthermore, the more well developed a character, the more prominent a character will be. Obviously it makes sense to put the spotlight on a character that is well built.

Two question :

1. What should I do if I want to modify a character that I've submitted?

- Resubmit (new post)

- Edit the old post

- Edit the old post and anounce that it's updated

2. So, what are this project is at?

I'm seing no activity on recent days, also there's no clear objective that we can achieve in short period :)

You can regard my second question as an additional Out Of Topic Question :p

Edited by black mage

Two question :

1. What should I do if I want to modify a character that I've submitted?

- Resubmit (new post)

- Edit the old post

- Edit the old post and anounce that it's updated

2. So, what are this project is at?

I'm seing no activity on recent days, also there's no clear objective that we can achieve in short period :)

You can regard my second question as an additional Out Of Topic Question :P

Resubmit your post

This is a slow week, because I'm working on creating missions but there should be a specific topic on monday.

idk if this is the place to post story-line ideas, but..

what does anyone think about this 'game goal'?

the game's main-goal will be to build a "nation" that'll claim a certain territory, and clean it from criminals, make it more livable, etc. the leader can be a former military man, or it can be funny if it's the last surviving member of the English Royal family, or something (which would be all high and mighty, and be horrified by how people currently live, in their once flourishing 'kingdom')

... is flourishing a word?

Edited by Metaclaw

could be quite comical tbh if we over emphasize the accent as well and make him/her sound really snotty and from a privileged background. "Oh I say dear boy what on earth are you doing?" "I am the ruler of this small dwelling who on earth are you!" "what on earth are you looking at? Geoffrey get this swine away from me!"

Any kind of character with any kind of name can be submitted regardless of origin as long as it has a name to which also has no restrictions. For example look at black mage's Eddie. Or Princess Plum, she's a character I literally just came up with.

Generally, its better to make fleshed out characters then leave it up to the community cause you will have a better grasp on your character then the rest of the community, especially if you didn't flesh it out to begin with.

For example, did you know that Princess Plum hates plums? Of course you didn't.

Furthermore, the more well developed a character, the more prominent a character will be. Obviously it makes sense to put the spotlight on a character that is well built.

I believe you missed my whole point and the post was pointless as you act like I don't know anything about creating a character. I don't feel the need to explain anymore anyways as none of the moderators commented on post, so it's clear how much they care about this project :upset: . I'll just let you guys think of the characters and help with other aspects of the game's story or programming.

I believe you missed my whole point and the post was pointless as you act like I don't know anything about creating a character. I don't feel the need to explain anymore anyways as none of the moderators commented on post, so it's clear how much they care about this project :upset: . I'll just let you guys think of the characters and help with other aspects of the game's story or programming.

Elaborate please, If I've missed the point then its crucial for you to explain it to me. The lazze-faire approach to character creation is to reduce the amount of participation necessary for the project to succeed and to encourage as much participation as possible by making it very low entry. Quality will inevitably take a hit, but it is more important that we actually produce something then stagnate like the previous projects.

~

Please start making Story Submissions as voting will commence this Saturday!

The Setting is a post apocalyptic future dystopia with small fringe societies barely hanging on and different factions working for different goals.

A strong story could work with any characters but strong characters could lead any story so keep this in consideration.

I'll start:

Anarchy reigns in this post apocalyptic dying planet, the world's governments have downsized considerably into citystates that are somewhat wealthy, but selfish, hogging resources from the chaotic outside world. The main character was part of a group of youths who lived in the middle class of one of the wealthiest cities. However, things go awry when the MC is framed for a severe crime by his/her best friend whose political aspirations convince the MC to take the blame but he/she doesn't realize the ramifications and is sentenced to death by exile.

Being cast into the hobbesian state of nature, a state of war where everyman is for himself, the MC has to survive with his/her wits. And Joins a fledgling unification group that aims to forcibly unite the world under one rule. While many see the group as evil are harmful, the MC believes in the cause and that by uniting the world they can achieve peace. 

Unfortunately, the MC's friend with political aspirations has the same idea and starts Uniting the city states to make a powerful competing force with much better resources and technology. But unlike the MC who seeks to unite everyone equally, MC's Friend wishes to unite the world under the city states control.

The MC must fight against his/her own lust for power and control their army while at the same time combatting against a much more powerful better equipped foe.

sounds interesting. but wouldn't the MC be too old to fight himself/herself?

who will be the 'party' members/ characters in this story?

sounds interesting. but wouldn't the MC be too old to fight himself/herself?

who will be the 'party' members/ characters in this story?

I picture the MC as emotionally mature, or at least half way in the story MC realizes that he/she is becoming a tyrant like his/her friend in the city is. I'm gonna rewrite my plot suggestion in a more easier to understand form later.

*whoa, double post, I'm breaking all the rules today*

Character's for the story

5zym.png

Name:Valentine

Background: A naive idealist who was recruited by Hale into the Youth Liberalists.

Role:Bad

dislikes: The Crows, resistance, failure, corruption, injustice

Hobbies: Birdwatching, singing, drawing

Skills: Highly Intelligent, Political skill, dancing

Enemies: Hale, Keida

Extra Info:

t3v0.png

Name:Hale

Background: The Main Character. He formed the Young Liberalists and The Crows with Keida. He believes he can change the world with charisma and guts alone.

Role:Good

dislikes: 

Hobbies:

Skills: Resourceful, Survivalist, excellent tactician

Friends: Keida

Extra Info:

a6mz.png

Name: Keida

Background: A bandit that Keida encounters outside of the city, He has ambitions to make the best bandit group in the world and is convinced by Keida to make the Crows.

Role:Good/Neutral

dislikes:  Authority, Young Liberalist

Hobbies:

Skills:

Histories: 

Extra Info:

Story Rewrite:

After the Second Exodus, nearly 75% of the human population was wiped. Governments evaporated and society degenerated into a state of total anarchy. A state of nature where every human was in a constant state of war with each other. In order to protect themselves and restore order, people formed city states from the remnants of government that managed to sources of authority and protection. Those outside the walls of these city states were not so fortunate and had to fend for themselves. However, eventually the city states grew in power and began to sap resources from the already strained post-apocalpytic environment.

Hale, a youth who has spent his entire life enclosed in the walls of his city state, starts an activist group that seems to have good intentions. He even invites his childhood friend Valentine, who had been looking to get away from her dancing career, to join the group. All seems to be going good until, Valentine accidentally commits a crime, and Hale takes the blame in order to protect Valentine's future. Unfortunately, the crime turns out to be very serious, and Hale is sentenced to death by exile despite Valentine's effort at saving him.

Being cast out into the hostile world, Hale has to survive on his wits alone. He encounters Keida, the leader of a rogue group of bandits and convinces him to transform his group, the crows, into a force of unification outside of the city walls. He aims to forcibly unite the world under one rule. While many see the The Crows as evil, the Hale believes in the cause and that by uniting the world they can achieve peace. 

Unfortunately, the Valentine has the same idea and starts uniting the city states to make a powerful competing force with much better resources and technology. But unlike the Hale who seeks to unite everyone equally, Valentine wishes to unite the world under the city states control.

The Hale must fight against the corruption of power, while leading his ragtag group of bandits to victory against a much better equipped foe with just as much determination as his.

Edited by Enigma

*triple post*

The second round of voting has begun!

More ideas can be submitted, but those being voted on will be in the main discussion spot light.

Round 2 voting will focus on story/plot!

http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/10541-fp14-voting-machine-dre700-elected-president-story-voting/

More Character: For Unite the world

wylf.png

Name: Alivia

Background: A devout priest and medic who joins the crows at the request of her deceased brother.

Role: Really Good

Likes: Morality, Religion(Probably have to create a religion here)

dislikes: Sin, Nihilism, Hate, War, Death

Hobbies: Praying, Singing, Painting

Skills: Medic and Negotiator

Histories: Despite living outside of the walls for the entirety of her life, Alivia found God and worships devoutly despite the state of the world. In some sense the protection of her brother allowed her to do this, so when he died, he entrusted her safety to Keida.

Friends: Keida, Hale

Extra Info:

Image for Hale:

t3v0.png

Edited by Enigma