New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

So you are finally introducing yourself, it's a pleasure to have you here.

What brings you to a forum like this?

And what are you planning, now that you are here?

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Do you use RPG maker XP or VX(ace)? I can help you with RPG Maker XP so feel free to tell me ur problems. It's so fun to learn game developing. Enjoy!

So you are finally introducing yourself, it's a pleasure to have you here.

What brings you to a forum like this?

And what are you planning, now that you are here?

I am currently working on a new version of my chess engine for RPG Maker. It will be C++ powered via Win32API and much stronger.

After that I might try something else, and I am also working on a little game that is currently a secret.

Why a chess engine of all things? It's certainly a classic game, but a bit old and uninteresting. And there are quite a few out there.. And why are you going trough the trouble of porting it to rpg maker?

Edited by Saltome

Why a chess engine of all things? It's certainly a classic game, but a bit old and uninteresting. And there are quite a few out there.. And why are you going trough the trouble of porting it to rpg maker?

To me it's a very interesting game and there are certainly people who want chess functionality on RPG Maker, I've talked to several.

The most important reason though is simply learning. I learn how to build powerful AI, I learn how to extend RPG Maker with c++, I learn about interfaces, I learn so much. :)

Personally I don't like to mix languages, it's redundant and causes conflicts. Rpg maker uses Ruby and the RGSS library. Ruby and c++ are virtually interchangable, so the only advantage rpg maker has is the built in library, but in reality all it has going for it is the UI. As a coder everything else you will be changing, including the core functions of the library. It is however a good way to learn about code structure, otherwise I'd advice you to stick to c++ or even a ruby IDE

Personally I don't like to mix languages, it's redundant and causes conflicts. Rpg maker uses Ruby and the RGSS library. Ruby and c++ are virtually interchangable, so the only advantage rpg maker has is the built in library, but in reality all it has going for it is the UI. As a coder everything else you will be changing, including the core functions of the library. It is however a good way to learn about code structure, otherwise I'd advice you to stick to c++ or even a ruby IDE

I happen to like a challenge :)

Hah, a challenge you say? I can give you the challenge of your lifetime. But I suppose you have your hands full as it is.

Hmm, actually I'd like that. But perhaps we should discuss it in private. How about you PM me your skype.

Hmm, actually I'd like that. But perhaps we should discuss it in private. How about you PM me your skype.

Can you just PM me here? I don't have Skype, I used to, but I found it very annoying.

Welcome to Game Development Unlimited Abigail. 

My name is Omar and i moderate the forums (Obviously) anyway.

We're please to meet you and hoping that you can stay in this warm-welcoming community.

Also, I'd like to point out that our member Saltome is mostly a womanizer, Just giving you the heads up. 

Also, I'd like to point out that our member Saltome is mostly a womanizer, Just giving you the heads up. 

I second that, although good work detecting the ol' give me your skype / email trick.

Welcome to GDU anyways :thumbsup: Interesting to see a 16 year old girl who's into programming. I literally can't find anyone in real life to talk to about codin' stuff.

I second that, although good work detecting the ol' give me your skype / email trick.

Welcome to GDU anyways :thumbsup: Interesting to see a 16 year old girl who's into programming. I literally can't find anyone in real life to talk to about codin' stuff.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) I'll try to be a good representative of 16-year-old girls.

Chess Engine. Gotta check that out asap.