New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Ultim1337Gamer

Skyrim Features You Dislike

Hello,

This subject intrigued me all night long.Everybody says Skyrim is epic,the only epic part for me is when you fight dragons,and some other epic features.But,what about the NEGATIVE features ? First,I don't like the animations.There's no climbing animation.You just have to jump up to a cliff.Not all animations are available in First-Person view,It's also a bug-ridden mess (Do not bash me on this one) What did I mean with "bug-ridden mess" ? Here are some examples : Story quests are buggy and you can't progress (Happened to me 2 times and my best friend once).And you,What do you dislike in Skyrim ?

skyrim compared to the previous games was a masterpiece. creating a game that was that  huge and expansive, let alone the graphics it had, would have taken literally years to craft. The story missions may just be bugged due to your version. developing for every single computer in the world is quite hard. btw what console are you playing it on, if it is for Xbox or something like that, usually console ports are just ports that are dummed down in graphics and resources to fit on a disk. ok im ranting now.

Yes Skyrim has problems, so do many games. and this is due to the timeframe they were given to develop the game. I personally have played the game seldomly but i do not own it (friends) so i do not know the full extent of its buggyness. however i own oblivion and i know how much of a step forward bethesta took with skyrim. From my knowledge there has been one major bug that breaks the game by not allowing you to become human again after becoming a vampire, which stops you from advancing but this is not common if your playing normally.

I like Skyrim, mainly because i would never be able to make it myself XD.'

P.S i think climbing is just thrown out the window because it makes it easier to guide the player around without them trying to climb hills and houses. The game was not created for parkor.

Skyrim compared to Oblivion is a masterpiece and Skyrim compared to Morrowind is ok. 

I guess the thing that I dislike about Skyrim is that morrowind is better imo lol

Anyhow.

I dislike the amount of enemies that are just pretty much the same and the amount of times you find the same freaking enemies.

Dragons also feel eh. I mean, I find them quite weak honestly and Alduin was a joke to battle.

The main story was also eh. The backstory about the dominion and all was interesting.

I never had many bugs though except physics lol

The only 4 things i dislike about skyrim.

1: The UI completely sucks. Can be fixed with the awesome SkyUI http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?

2: The game is way to easy on hardest dificulty. Can be fixed with harder mods(to many to list)

3: No spell making. once again can be fixed with mods. theres an awesome mod that adds a whole voice acted story, new lands and stuff to get to the spell making altar. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49032/

4: The enchantments have to many limits. once again can be fixed with mods.

Id say skyrim was a masterpeice. If theres something you dont like you can just mod it to fix what you dont like and can add a bunch of more stuff. If you dont have a PC to play any of the fallout/elder scrolls games im telling you that your missing out BIG TIME!

If you havent tried out this mod yet you should cause it makes the game feel completely different and new. can easily add another 100+ hours. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/?

NOTE: If you ever want the game to be super easy and no enemy a challenge no matter what level you are google around for the weapon windshear. its truly the ultimate weapon as it stuns the enemy almost on every hit(any enemy).

1: The UI completely sucks. Can be fixed with the awesome SkyUI http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?

2: The game is way to easy on hardest dificulty. Can be fixed with harder mods(to many to list)

3: No spell making. once again can be fixed with mods. theres an awesome mod that adds a whole voice acted story, new lands and stuff to get to the spell making altar. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49032/

Id say skyrim was a masterpeice. If theres something you dont like you can just mod it to fix what you dont like and can add a bunch of more stuff. If you dont have a PC to play any of the fallout/elder scrolls games im telling you that your missing out BIG TIME!

If you havent tried out this mod yet you should cause it makes the game feel completely different and new. can easily add another 100+ hours. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/?

NOTE: If you ever want the game to be super easy and no enemy a challenge no matter what level you are google around for the weapon windshear. its truly the ultimate weapon as it stuns the enemy almost on every hit(any enemy).

My Skyrim problems explain by Mr. Polraudio.

I love skyrim and it's a great game in many ways. Even the Expansion packs are worth the buy just to get extra hours of great content.

I don't have Skyrim on PC to enjoy the mods, but I know that I will play it one day.

Edited by Omar510

@Everyone : I LOVE Skyrim too.It has tons of great features.And yes I play it on Xbox 360.I have it on PC too.I'll give that SkyUI mod a spin.It looks great ! And yeah Tigurus I beat Alduin in 5 Daedric Greatsword slashes.

Yeah you defiantly need to play skyrim on pc with mods, ports pale in comparison with the PC version. As for the hardness of games like Skyrim vanilla they weren't developed with min-maxing in mind, the difficulty was made with a normal play through in mind, so if you want a harder game, get a mod that'll do it.

The UI sucked, but as pol said, SkyUI fixes that

the one feature i would have liked to see in the vanilla game was horse cart/wagon they had in Morrowind, cause who in their right mind would raid a dungeon and not have a way to carry it back into town? but i'm sure there is a mod for that too.

Yeah you defiantly need to play skyrim on pc with mods, ports pale in comparison with the PC version. As for the hardness of games like Skyrim vanilla they weren't developed with min-maxing in mind, the difficulty was made with a normal play through in mind, so if you want a harder game, get a mod that'll do it.

The UI sucked, but as pol said, SkyUI fixes that

the one feature i would have liked to see in the vanilla game was horse cart/wagon they had in Morrowind, cause who in their right mind would raid a dungeon and not have a way to carry it back into town? but i'm sure there is a mod for that too.

in vanilla you can fast travel while on a horse and over encumbered. i usually raid the dungeon, put all the stuff outside by my horse, when im ready to go i grab all my stuff, get on the horse and fast travel to a town. Not nearly as good as a wagon but its something.

in vanilla you can fast travel while on a horse and over encumbered. i usually raid the dungeon, put all the stuff outside by my horse, when im ready to go i grab all my stuff, get on the horse and fast travel to a town. Not nearly as good as a wagon but its something.

Really? i don't remember being able to fast travel at all while encumbered....guess that's not so bad 

Hello,

This subject intrigued me all night long.Everybody says Skyrim is epic,the only epic part for me is when you fight dragons,and some other epic features.But,what about the NEGATIVE features ? First,I don't like the animations.There's no climbing animation.You just have to jump up to a cliff.Not all animations are available in First-Person view,It's also a bug-ridden mess (Do not bash me on this one) What did I mean with "bug-ridden mess" ? Here are some examples : Story quests are buggy and you can't progress (Happened to me 2 times and my best friend once).And you,What do you dislike in Skyrim ?

I agree, it really is a bug-ridden mess, especially on consoles. I've owned both the 360 version, and the PS3 version, both cause random crashes, both have different types of bugs, the PS3 version's solstheim won't let you leave (infinite loading screen), unless you disable "save on travel". The 360 version crashes the system totally almost every time you play it (overheats the system), the PS3's crashes are software problems (infinite loading screen in one place, or just freezes on loading screen). Not even to mention the horrible frame rate constantly dropping, I mean, it's a miracle that this game sold as well as it did, given the problems it has. I'm convinced that bethesda made it's money more on hype than actual substance in this case.

I'm on console personally (no money for gaming pc). I agree, I hated that there was no spell making, I'm convinced that they only left it out due to laziness (especially since the game as a whole seems to only be slacked together haphazardly), and only after tried to say "we wanted magic to be more magical". They made it generic and boring.

Having said all my opinions, I still play it from time to time, though I haven't picked it up in a few months.

It's only about 30% of the time that I can sit and play it for an hour without it screwing up somehow. Having such an otherwise great game, mess up because of stupid bugs (that could've been fixed, but won't be), is frustrating. It's even more frustrating as the gamer because it makes me doubt future elder scrolls games.