New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Ardaceus

The Best Villain in 3 Categories?

Here's a thing up for debate: Who do you think is the best villain in video games, tv, and books?

You can vote one in each category.

For me it would be:

Book: Joseph Strorm and the Spider Man from the Chrysalids

I hate hate hate these guys. They comes from a book I don't really like, but I had to read because of school.

Joseph is the father of the protagonist (David), and serves as the main protagonist for the first half of the book. He makes me hate for everything he stands for, he is an abusive parent, abusive community citizen, he enforces things or he kills it, and he combines a lot of traits that are terrible about humanity. He terrorizes and hurts those who are different from "the norm", he embarrasses and verbally abuses David for uses a loose and harmless expression, he actually harms David which scars him for life and changes a lot of the outcome to the story, he uses the bible to forgive all of his actions and says that he is a disciple of god, and because of him and his stubbornness to realize he needs to be able to act on his own and not rely on a book that speaks of "truths about how to live", he is going to destroy any remaining humans in this post apocalyptic society. He is not implied to be, but it can be guessed that he is racist, sexist, homophobic... read the book and you'll understand how much hate he has for things that aren't "right". He serves as a great villain for the first half.

After he almost completely disappears from the book, the protagonists travel to the fringes community. There we get a good look at the character whose name I only remember as the "Spider Man". He is a mutant which is shunned by anyone who is of the "Norm", for only being tall and having long ligaments. You see him once earlier in the story, and he looks like one of the actually nice guys in the story. Then you learn some facts about him that I shall remain unspoiled. You see from his perspective that he leads the mutants which are outcasted by the "norms", and he shows much hated towards "norms". You first hate him when he shows his selfish desire for something, which would ruin the lives of the main protagonists (it gets more disturbing when you think about it more), then you realize that he has already caused a lot of fear in the "norms" because he is an iconic symbol to them, and finally, all he does is create more reasons for "norms" to hate mutants. He plans attacks on them, scares them, spites hateful words towards them, and riles up the other mutants to show retaliation towards their actions. He is probably a good chunk of the reason why Joseph Strorm really hates mutants, and is scared of them living in the community, because of how powerful the Spider Man thinks himself to be, and how Joseph actually thinks how powerful mutants actually are, when mutants are not much different than "norms" in many ways.

joseph-strorm-28418.jpgspider-man-28418.jpg

TV: Griffith from Berserk

... I was going to choose Joker, but he was better in the comics than the show I would say. Then Griffith came to mind, and... Griffith... You were an awesome character... Then you did that... And that happened... Just... Hope on the greatest villains list...

He was a great character in the beginning of the story, but how he succumed to his dreams over his friends made him a really memorable villain for me... So much marveling at wow...

griffith-28418.jpg

Video Game: Kefka Palazzo

Son of a submariner how couldn't I? While all of us here on GDU would like to put our own villain on this list, just don't be that girl or guy and do that.

Summarizing him up, he actually destroys most of the world, backstabs almost everybody (with the 3 people he didn't are called me, myself, and I), has an awesome appearance, has the most interesting dialogue, you can't relate to him in the slightest, there are other things, but it is also worth mentioning his laugh, and his final boss theme.

He is usually really high on villain lists when somebody else doesn't choose selfieroth or kuchie coo. What sets Kefka out from all those other Final Fantasy villains who want to destroy the world is that Kefka only wants to destroy the world (or not really even destroy the world, he loves destruction in any form) is that he does it purely out of the fact that he can't feel anything, not being able to grasp the concept of love or worth in life, while others like it just because they are depressed or sad about not being real or the fact that they won't exist in their world once they are gone. Kefka is just a great villain, and if he is ripping off the joker, he's a pretty good and quite not joker rip off other than the fact that they are both crazy and dress like clowns, nothing is the same other than that.

Then there is the fans who do stuff like this which make me laugh, for Kefka is such an awesome villain who deserves all the praise.

kefk-wait-no-do-not-ship-28418.jpg

So post your favourite villains below from TV, Books, and Video Games...

Also I do not ship these two...

Ardi out.

SPOILERS DUHHH!

The only one i can think of is.

Video Game: Kefka

Kefka has done what other villans have not done. He actually took over the world. Thats right a villan that has actually won. Kefka is evil in every possible way... even his iconic laugh is evil. Everyone thinks Sephiroth is this big bad villan. The truth is those people never played a FF game before 7 and Sephirots kill count is very very low compared to Kefka, infact Sephiroth hasnt really killed that many people and only tried to destroy the world and failed at it where Kefka actually pulled it off. To top it off he actually became a god(not really but thats what im calling it). If Kefka really wanted to i bet he could have stopped you before you even got close to his floating continent just by using the light of judgment on your airship. But lets be real here, Kefka prob wanted you to come to him so he could kill you slowly and watch you suffer while he pulls your head off of your body and plays kickball with it.

Sephiroth Kill Count = prob 20ish.

Kefka Kill Count = prob in the range of 20,000-100,000 or more since he did take over the world afterall and kill all those who oppose him.

Out of all the games i ever played id say Kefka is the ultimate villan who lets nothing stand in his way. He doest care if you are his wife, mother, sister or his own self. He will kill you one way or another...very slowly.

If Kefka and Sephiroth ever got into a battle id say Sephiroth would prob win but Kefka is still way more evil.

Sephiroth Kill Count = prob 20ish.

Kefka Kill Count = prob in the range of 20,000-100,000 or more since he did take over the world afterall and kill all those who oppose him.

I'd say more than 20 if you count the fact that Meteor left Midgar a little broken. Not completely destroyed, but I'd say a about a hundred people could've died from that. Still no where near what Kefka did of course.

I'm not sure if he's the best villain, but one of the best video game villains is definitely Albedo Piazzolla from Xenosaga.

AlbedoPiazzolla.png

This guy is what's called a URTV (U-DO Retro Virus), which are a series of biological weapons and the 669 children of Dmitri Yuriev created to fight U-DO, which is a consciousness in a higher plane of existence often referred to as "God Himself" that was causing problems in our universe.

The first 665 had a hive-mind and all went insane and killed each other during an incident known as the Miltian Conflict, which ended in the planet Miltia disappearing.

Numbers 666-669 were special and given special abilities and survived the Miltian Conflict. Some of them grew up.

666 and 667 were conjoined twins (Albedo is 667). When they were split, 666 (aka Jr. or Rubedo, one of the 7 main protagonists) kept the part of him that prevented cell growth, giving him eternal youth, while Albedo got the part that caused cell growth, allowing him to regenerate any part of his body, even his head, making him essentially immortal.

At some point during his childhood, he went a little nuts (he already was a little weird) when he discovered that not only could he not die, but his brothers could. So later, when he got a little too much exposure to U-DO, he decided, you know what? FUCK. EVERYONE.

He's just one of the best crazy villains. There's a cutscene with him that's just great in a disturbing kind of way. He kidnaps an artificial human known as a Realian, who happens to look like a little girl and has some very important data stored inside her, then shows her how immortal he is by cutting off his own arm and regrowing it, then ripping off his own head while laughing, continues to laugh with his head on the floor, then steps on it. He later mind-rapes the girl in order to get the data out of her. (and seemingly mind-raped her sisters too)

You have been warned.

His theme song, which plays in that scene is great too.

His accomplishments don't quite match up to Kefka, but he's still a great villain.