New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Dragon

Legal V.S Cracked

Ive never had the cracked or PKE version but I know if you want to sell your games you can't and then they can sue you for distributing games illegally thats why I bought the legal English version, but not many people actually want to sell their games they just want to make games for fun, like the rm2k and previous even if they were legal english versions you could still only sell them in japan. but now with rmxp legal english everyone can sell as shareware.

So I vote legal for everything, commercial.

but vote for cracked and translated because it's what many rpg makers grew up on with the 2000 and 2k3 versions if it weren't for don and others nobody outside japan would have played or used it (probably)

If you go a month without buying pop tarts and pizza pockets, then you've got enough money to buy the legal version. There's no reason not to. I'm going to tip the "if you like the product, support the people who made it" card.

Ive never had the cracked or PKE version but I know if you want to sell your games you can't and then they can sue you for distributing games illegally thats why I bought the legal English version, but not many people actually want to sell their games they just want to make games for fun, like the rm2k and previous even if they were legal english versions you could still only sell them in japan. but now with rmxp legal english everyone can sell as shareware.

So I vote legal for everything, commercial.

but vote for cracked and translated because it's what many rpg makers grew up on with the 2000 and 2k3 versions if it weren't for don and others nobody outside japan would have played or used it (probably)

There are some good points in there, but you are still missing the fact that the Legal version is newer, and has better features, and is more compatible with scripts. You also have the ability to right-click anything, and it explains to you what it is in English. And all of the scripts have comments and english so people learning to script can understand whats going on and learn from it. Its just illegal to have a cracked version, its also stupid.

I have to agree here, in that, I've been running the legal version for a while...I could never go back to PKE anymore...I know, I've tried...1.02/legal is just SO much easier to use.

I'm so emotional right now... my topic....;-;...iz still living.....oh my god I need to go....'scuse moi

ahhh erm yah back to our (my B)) topic

Now about Arbiter, you can't be serious when you say "you cant sell anything" well lemme tip you off with some info, you-are-not-going-to-sell-anything-anyway, if you are planning to sell, or getting into business, RMXP is bad for you mate, RMXP as I see it is a good first-step, and then when you move to more complex programming languages, and get into professional workshops THEN you can think of going green..

now I cant see anything wrong with PKE, its much more easier to handle and you can download the english script data file...

although I do think 1.02 is better for new users ..

does a pirated version count as cracked lol? but i did like the way pke was set up as someone said earlier and not only that it was just cool lol.