New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
GraveBusta

Windows 10 IS Microsoft's last chance?

Who else here thinks windows 10 even though microsoft promises it isn't their last OS that it really is their last OS should windows 10 never get it's shit together before May of 2016? Personally I feel windows has lost an immense amount of consumer trust and linux is catching up with Mac and Windows really fast even if Steam OS was a disappointment I had no issues with LinuxMint or OpenSuse and they seem to keep getting better at alarming rates. Not to mention linux is also becoming more adept at emulation and reverse engineering which with the right funding and support they could really close gap on exclusives to dot net and .exe.  If windows 10 does fail what exactly will microsoft have left to use windows for other then to offer exclusive development tools for Xbox? 

I highly doubt Microsoft will take heed in the fact they are on a thin layer of ice they need to hasten the bug fixes and provide better security for the USER not their GIMMICKS or they will indeed fall as an OS provider and exist mainly support for Linux or Apple and you know they might end up just doing linux if the rumor is true they already plan their own distro. They will be selling their work as a service rather then an actual OS if they do take on linux and then here comes more bull shit with closed source graphics with a linux redesign of DirectX.
Edited by GraveBusta

Who else here thinks windows 10 even though microsoft promises it isn't their last OS that it really is their last OS should windows 10 never get it's shit together before May of 2016?

This sentence makes my head dizzy :P 

I think from the perspective of developers and tech-savvy people, you could be right. Sounds like you're one of those people. If you even know what Linux is, you're already far ahead of most of society, and it's most of society where they're going to make money. It's definitely true that microsoft lost a lot of user trust and they definitely paid the price for their screw ups, but I reckon they're making a comback in terms of their services, products and consumer trust. 

I use a mac at my current job, which is web develoment, and I've used XP to Windows 10. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with windows 10 and it's definitely my preferred OS. And definitely over mac. I don't think windows is on think ice, because so much happens on windows. It's not necessarily the OS itself, but all the software and games that run on it. I think a big one that most of us never see is in-house software for businesses. That is rather huge. Think of hospitals, banks, insurance companies. They all have complex and unique software systems that are stuck on their OS. 

This sentence makes my head dizzy :P

I think from the perspective of developers and tech-savvy people, you could be right. Sounds like you're one of those people. If you even know what Linux is, you're already far ahead of most of society, and it's most of society where they're going to make money. It's definitely true that microsoft lost a lot of user trust and they definitely paid the price for their screw ups, but I reckon they're making a comback in terms of their services, products and consumer trust. 

I use a mac at my current job, which is web develoment, and I've used XP to Windows 10. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with windows 10 and it's definitely my preferred OS. And definitely over mac. I don't think windows is on think ice, because so much happens on windows. It's not necessarily the OS itself, but all the software and games that run on it. I think a big one that most of us never see is in-house software for businesses. That is rather huge. Think of hospitals, banks, insurance companies. They all have complex and unique software systems that are stuck on their OS. 

The design concept of windows 10 I actually love its the glitches due to hardware compatibility even after troubleshooting before upgrading that drives me nuts. I am using a custom PC with Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 motherboard and let me tell you windows 10 doesnt have the best love for this Motherboard 50% of the damn time when I install it I run into USB ports functioning like they arent active and speed will be pretty bad until the system is used to the upgrade +_+ although I havent tried a clean install instead of an upgrade yet that might solve the bugs I have.

Edited by GraveBusta

I haven't had 1 problem with windows 10 yet. So far it runs flawlessly and way better for games than even windows 7 or 8/8.1. Windows 10 wont fail and isnt going anywhere anytime soon. Sure they still screwed up the start menu to all hell but please get startisback for the windows 7 experience.

Im loving windows 10 way more than windows xp, v, 7, 8 and 8.1.

My 2 fav things about windows 10 is the iso mounting, drive pools and creation/mounting of virtual disks. I keep my important files and stuff in a virtual disk that is encrypted so if someone even manages to get on my computer they cant even access my important stuff at all for a good couple thousand years.

Im a heavy power user and i think its a very good OS.

From what i understand they are going to pull an apple and make major updates to windows 10 in the future and charge $ for them just like MAC.

As much as i like windows i would switch to linux instantly if i could game on there and create games just as easy as windows. Sadly unity doesnt work on linux even with wine T.T.

I am using a custom PC with Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 motherboard and let me tell you windows 10 doesnt have the best love for this Motherboard 50% of the damn time when I install it I run into USB ports functioning like they arent active and speed will be pretty bad until the system is used to the upgrade +_+ although I havent tried a clean install instead of an upgrade yet that might solve the bugs I have.

I also built my PC

My 2 fav things about windows 10 is the iso mounting, drive pools and creation/mounting of virtual disks. I keep my important files and stuff in a virtual disk that is encrypted so if someone even manages to get on my computer they cant even access my important stuff at all for a good couple thousand years.

Ooooh didn't know you could do that. Although I don't really have anything to encrypt from the world yet. :)

Windows 10 is my 2nd bae besides my real life relationships.

I have only ever had one problem with Windows 10 and that was just the auto updates without my permission where it decides not to save my work. I fixed that pretty simply as well. What I like most about Windows 8 and 10 is just that they are well organized in terms of finding files, as I have an easy time finding all my files and can organize stuff with a breeze. And it makes it easier when my friends get viruses if they have a Windows 8 or 10 because it is so easy to find that stupid malware that everyone else but me gets.

Another good reason why I like 1O is because it is the fastest running system I have ever had. Not even my mac or any computer I've tried has had as fast of speed as my Windows 10. It's hot bananas.

I don't think Windows 10 is a bomb in the slightest, mainly because they literally gave out 10 for free, no cost. And I find it the easiest system to use ever. While you might say that Mac is better, those computers are too expensive and they do better when it comes to creation applications like Photoshop and Music Composition. While Linux is not the computer I would like to use, for I am not a psychic computer god of creation that needs the best coding computer when literally all I do is just ask people with a kind and giving attitude for help, and I just don't see it as being used as a leisure computer for playing games and checking social media. Windows 10 is just as unique in it's own experience as it is to Mac and Linux.

So yeah, Win 10 is Love, Win 10 is Cortana... who is also the best computer search engine I have ever had, like really, she knows what I want when I want. Sweet.

Windows 10 is my 2nd bae besides my real life relationships.

I have only ever had one problem with Windows 10 and that was just the auto updates without my permission where it decides not to save my work. I fixed that pretty simply as well. What I like most about Windows 8 and 10 is just that they are well organized in terms of finding files, as I have an easy time finding all my files and can organize stuff with a breeze. And it makes it easier when my friends get viruses if they have a Windows 8 or 10 because it is so easy to find that stupid malware that everyone else but me gets.

Another good reason why I like 1O is because it is the fastest running system I have ever had. Not even my mac or any computer I've tried has had as fast of speed as my Windows 10. It's hot bananas.

I don't think Windows 10 is a bomb in the slightest, mainly because they literally gave out 10 for free, no cost. And I find it the easiest system to use ever. While you might say that Mac is better, those computers are too expensive and they do better when it comes to creation applications like Photoshop and Music Composition. While Linux is not the computer I would like to use, for I am not a psychic computer god of creation that needs the best coding computer when literally all I do is just ask people with a kind and giving attitude for help, and I just don't see it as being used as a leisure computer for playing games and checking social media. Windows 10 is just as unique in it's own experience as it is to Mac and Linux.

So yeah, Win 10 is Love, Win 10 is Cortana... who is also the best computer search engine I have ever had, like really, she knows what I want when I want. Sweet.

windows 10 is not free though windows 10 allows a free upgrade but thats still not free when you still paid for windows 7 or 8.1. 

Also windows also mentioned they plan on selling windows as a service we don't know what that implies but if they charge monthly for security updates after the free upgrade time period is over most people will just refuse to pay up and use an AV instead since some AV only cost like 30$-40$ a year.

Edited by GraveBusta

windows 10 is not free though windows 10 allows a free upgrade but thats still not free when you still paid for windows 7 or 8.1. 

Also windows also mentioned they plan on selling windows as a service we don't know what that implies but if they charge monthly for security updates after the free upgrade time period is over most people will just refuse to pay up and use an AV instead since some AV only cost like 30$-40$ a year.

Windows 10 insider is free and its the same thing as windows 10 but just more updated. So if you want a free version of windows 10 there ya go.

AV is actually free. Never spend money on that junk that does less than the free stuff like malwarebytes and spybot

But yea to the average consumer they will just buy AV. But i dont see miscosoft charging for security updates. I see them doing a paid service pack type thing like mac does.

Honestly I love windows 10 and regrets nothing after upgrading from windows 7 (Windows 8 sucks and I'm not touching that)

First of all it's way faster than windows 7 by a landslide. It also made me forget about windows XP.

The fact that we can change windows with Win key+tab is amazing, although i do miss a bit of aero action here I compromise with rainmeter.

Best thing about it is that its free.

Two things

1. I completely agree to that.

2. Do you mean AVG or Avast? Cause https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV_Security_Suite

Two things

1. I completely agree to that.

2. Do you mean AVG or Avast? Cause https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV_Security_Suite

I didnt know AVG was recently caught doing malicious activity but Avast on the other hand yeah I heard some shady crap happened with them it seems like all AV when they get popular enough love to back stab their consumer base out of greed I mean look and Norton and McAfee they used to be some of the best AVs ever made and now they are of the worst ever made.

I am using ESET its a slow start but it eventually gets the job done something about the firewall seems to lag for a few days I dunno why. 

Edited by GraveBusta