New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Kitsuki

Mapping Tips/Suggestions for a Wasteland?

So, I'm making a new game and it's supposed to take place entirely in a wasteland. I was just curious--do you guys know any good exterior tilesets for this sort of setting? 

Something that's not as plain and ugly as the desert tileset, but something with variety and objects like cliffs, trees, rubble, etc. This is my first time attempting a game with a more barren atmosphere, and I'm not sure how to approach mapping this new sort of environment.

Any tips/suggestions?

If you have some spare cash on hand, and if you have the Steam version of RPG Maker, you can buy some resource packs off of Steam that provide you with cool looking resources that I'm pretty sure can help with what you want.

And also you can look around on the web for people who can provide you with resources as long as you credit them properly for what they ask. Like RedPandaMaru, or Sithjester.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, glad you like it! It wasn't really all that hard to do; I might do a tutorial some time for my Youtube and put it on here.

Yoooo that's super cool, y'all. This topic hadn't been alive for a while, so I was surprised to see it back.

I took a different approach: 

ad6the-beginning-and-the-end-28-01--2795

Since my wasteland has a lot more activity.