New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

GDUr experience system

I'm thinking randomly at work. 

I'm thinking randomly at work so bear with me. 

I want to implement some sort of system in GDUr as recognition for top-contributing members. 

I've seen experience systems done before - and I'd think that would be really cool. Posts, comments, followers, getting your posts liked,
all that stuff would accumulate to a figure which is compared as between other members, generally and on a leaderboard. It can be displayed
on profiles and in comments - you can see immediately their status in the community. 

The alternative is to include the existing GDU points system. That would be simple - but leaderboards would be meaningless. 
While I'm wary of creating too many systems and confusing everyone - the GDU points system isn't that well implemented, 
and a lack of posts in the scripts, games and tutorials sections doesn't help either. Personally I am inclined to branch off 
from the GDU points system and using something else which is unique to GDUr and only to be used there.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I believe an EXP system would be a good way to gauge someones credibility in the community, and give people a sense of accomplishment when they level up (not to imply it's less about what they do within the upload, and make this all about EXP). I'd love to be uploading things, and watching my level rise over time.

It'd look good on the refinery, if you ask me.

Everyone loves seeing numbers go up (One reason why clicker games and some RPGs are so addictive) and I think it might help renew my motivation to make things.

I think it would be a good idea. People would post more to the refinery meaning they would be working on their game more, interacting with members more often and overall a good thing for the community.

EDIT: Could also spend points to display your game on the main page for [insert days].