New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Hey, I'm new around these parts. I joined mostly because I recently began to dabble in RPGM XP, and this place seemed to show a lot when googling for script tutorials, so why not cut the middleman?

I'm just hobbying around, and probably won't finish any project soon. I just like banging my head against codes until they acknowledge me as their superior, or I go into a stress induced coma. The latter happens more often.

I'm also working on a more serious project in Unity, a platformer, with some friends, but it's still in its early stages.

I probably won't be very active, but who knows?

-nods- who knows. If you're working a project, you'll totally definitely be active :) You post anything related to your projects, like those small milestones or coding achievements etc. in the GDU Refinery. I'd love to post mine but then this site would probably get hacked :

Also, RMXP is like 100 years old in software-years. The latest in RPG Maker MV. If you're into ruby then you'd stick with XP or go with the latest ruby based RPG Maker VX Ace. Otherwise, XP is really old. MV runs on javascript and as such you can port to multiple platforms (which is awesome) as well as use a console to debug your code :) 

I thought about getting the latest makers, but seeing as I'm just hobbying around I couldn't justify myself the price difference. It's like 80 local bucks.

Plus I figured more features mean more stuff to learn, so better start with something less featur-y and work my way up.