New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Zichiker

Uh, desert temple

Hello, I'm trying to make a desert temple. Marked told me to try the Fort In Tileset, so I tried it. I'm trying to make it look like an old abandoned temple in the desert. I'm not sure what the inside should look like. I'm trying to make it three floors long. If anyone can help me even in the least bit, please help me. Also, if anyone knows a tileset that would work better could you tell me where to get it? I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, I'm not sure if this is in the right forum.

Well, there really isn't a tileset I could use for a desert temple. Marked told me to try the fort In tileset, I'm only limited to a few things on there, but it seems to be the best chice. Do you know a tileset that would work better as a desert temple?

I can't help you with the tileset, but for suggestions on what to put in it:

Think about egyptian tombs. Put in stuff like large stone blocks that move to open new passages, booby traps (like you step on a switch, and darts fly out of the wall,) stone switches in the floor... and maybe something with water. I would also suggest, if you want 3 floors, to have a ground floor that you start in, and then two subterranean floors, but perhaps you've already thought of that. Just any of those campy, contrived things you can relate to egyptian tombs in the movies and stuff. If your game's gonna have different themed temples, I say go ahead and aggressively pursue those stereotypes!