New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
NOVA

NAME's Mom

Question

So. I want to have a character called "NAME's Mom", NAME being the main character's name. I want them to be able to edit this name, as well. So they name the main character something, then they get two people in their party, "NAME" and "NAME's Mom".

I have tried:

Renamed the Mom to "\n[1]'s Mom". It didn't work.

I made an event to name the character to "\n[1]'s Mom" No dice.

10 answers to this question

I copied the text directly from your post and it works fine for me. Try using the other slash(/), that may work. And have you messed around with any of the scripts?

No messing with the scripts, and the other slash failed. I'll try it in a new project, because I have LOOKED at the codes, and messed, but I didn't save. Or so I thought. I'll try it in a new project to see.

You want it to be like this, right? Example: Zack's the character's name, and you want a character to joined named, the main characters name and then mom, like this: Zack's mom, right? That what you want the character name to be when she joins the party, right?

You want it to be like this, right? Example: Zack's the character's name, and you want a character to joined named, the main characters name and then mom, like this: Zack's mom, right? That what you want the character name to be when she joins the party, right?

Right.

Oh, and to the person from earlyer, I tried it in a new project: nothing.

damn.bmp

No, it does not work that way.

I'm sure you could find someone that wouldn't mind making a small script to do this.

Then it looks like it's time to run off to the script section.