New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

All data from the "scripts" section has been migrated to the new system. Check out the GDU Code Library here: https://gdu.one/code/

The code section is fully functional. Right now, you can submit and edit new posts. You can edit all of your old content too. I have migrated almost all of the data, including all old comments and views. We now have advanced filtering in all sections, including search - something we never had before.  This system is so much more powerful that old GDU.

On Friday, I had only just managed to finish the functionality for submitting new Show & Tell posts. But in doing so, I nailed down exactly how creating and editing content is going to work on the front-end. It only took one weekend to create and complete the entire Code section.

I know that I said I would be working on the Games section... but the Code section was the perfect the appetizer and it didn't take me all that long. It's also a great feeling to have it turn out much better than expected.

I have put a lot of effort into making the creating/editing experience good for you guys. I hope you like it! I'm super excited, because we are not far away from GDU finally not being under development any more.

If you guys have any suggestions for the Games section, please feel free to post them here.

Very nice! I do however have a problem accessing the content. Im logged in but it says i need to login.

https://i.imgur.com/MH778bW.png

EDIT: NVM I refreshed the page after a few min and it seemed to work.

EDIT2: Seems to be doing it often where it says i need to login but i have to sit on the page for 1min then refresh and it works.

EDIT3: I guess its random. Sometimes it takes 5min.

Edited by Polraudio

I think I found the issue 😀 I found an original bit of code which was logging users out if the Forum user ID was different to the CMS user ID... and of course they're different. The only account where 1 == 1 was my own, so I missed the error all this time 😥

I'd be grateful if you could do what you did before and let me know if the same thing happens or not. You might need to log out / in again.

Hi! 😄

Sorry for the bad english, that's the fault of google translator XD
None of the links in the section work. Is that on purpose? There are some things that I find very interesting.
  🙂

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marked
      Show & Tell Section officially open for business
      Submissions are now open for the Show & Tell section. This section has been renamed from the GDU Refinery to Show & Tell to make it obvious for new visitors exactly what the section is for. All of the classic refinery post types are back: Snapshot, Literature, Audio, Question, Code and Video.
      It should be super obvious where you need to click to submit a Show & Tell post. I've added a new global button menu for all types of content submissions. There's other links too which should be intuitive. Through this menu, you can see the power of the integration of the Forum with the CMS. You can submit a topic, view notifications etc. everywhere on the entire website.
      Show & Tell posts themselves are relatively simple at the moment. There's a bunch of interactive features I could add, and I probably will in the future. Right now I'm trying to keep things really simple. One cool thing I want to implement is a "reaction" menu, so it is more than just a "like".
      Snapshots now allow for multiple images
      That's right, you can now post one or more images into your snapshot "gallery". The images will show up in your post as a slider, and users will be able to navigate between them. Here's an example: https://gdu.one/refinery/recent-activity-is-up/
      Old Gallery images moved to Show & Tell
      I have moved 400+ images from the "Screenshots" and "Works in Progress" gallery categories into Show & Tell posts. Show & Tell effectively replaces these categories. These images are old, but this allows me to preserve this content and clean up the gallery by removing these redundant gallery categories. The Gallery is now more focused on submissions for Game Dev image resources. In another example of the power of this new system, it took about 30mins for me to migrate all of this data to the new system. That is silly fast - it still involves a little bit of code to extract the data.
      New homepage
      I've got a basic homepage running, but its a WIP which I'll slowly develop over time. The idea is that it will be a portal of new content only.
      A few issues persist
      There's a few things I'm aware of that you guys might encounter while using Show & Tell and the other CMS sections once they're re-opened. The first is that sometimes you will get logged out of the CMS after a short time. I'm looking into this. A bit tricky to debug. I have also not implemented an edit function. This will be crucial for the games section, but it's not a pirority right now for Show & Tell.
      Selling your Games
      Before my lockdown ends, I really want to get the games section back open. Obviously everything on the old site (except  the forum) has been replaced, so the system is completely different. Games are complex and consist of multiple content types wrapped into one. It's like doing the Show & Tell stuff 5-times over. One of the delays and one thing I really want to announce, is that I am implementing a system which allow members to sell their games from GDU. It will be a professional e-commerce system, and I will implement this directly into games posts. At the moment, I am planning on developers to take 100% sale price minus transfer fees. Stay tuned!
    • By Marked
      Hi all
      Welcome to the updated forums!
      The decision has been made to release parts of the new website part by part. The old website will be up and running until the sections are rebuilt and opened here.
      Based on activity recently on the forums, I think it made sense to switch now. The forums are a few years more advanced than the old software we were running, and won't be bogged down by hacking integrations. Things work nice and smoothly now, including logins with FB, Google and Twitter. Woohoo!
      Currently, the Refinery is 85% developed and the Games section is 65%. Until those are ready, the main menu will link back to the old website.
      If you pop on to the homepage, you can see how the forum will integrate with the forums.