New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Jesse66126

How to create ultimate attacks using eventing.

PainandDeathRev.jpg

Step1:

Make an attack skill that does no damage,but marks enemy(s) with a status effect.

The state doesn't have to do anything,just make it nonresistant,so the skill never says "Miss".

Step2:

Attach a common event to the skill.

This is what does the real damage.

Step3:

Make two Variables.

Variable A will be the base damage,set it to about 1000,or higher for more damage.

Variable B will be the mulitplier.

Step4:

Under that common event have a condition braunch for every actor you have that says:

If actor has "Knock-Out" inflicted

Add +1 to Variable B

Step5:

Set recover All:Entire Party

Step6:

Now set control variable to multiply Variable A by Variable B.

Step7:

Now set deal damage to entire enemy troop or last target.(Which ever you made the skill is for)

Set the damage as variable A.

The more dead actors you had,the more damage this event does.

You can attach this event to an item,too.

No posts? This is very helpful, thanks Jesse! I don't think necroposting is bad if there was never any posts.

Thanks for the tutorial! This can help a lot of people. This is one sweet move. Plus that is a badass name, Pain and Death Reversal.

Nice one!

No posts? This is very helpful, thanks Jesse! I don't think necroposting is bad if there was never any posts.

Thanks for the tutorial! This can help a lot of people. This is one sweet move. Plus that is a badass name, Pain and Death Reversal.

Nice one!

Thanks =), everyone seemed to ignore it when I posted it. >.<

I have a lot of weird events. Like Lorana's pink-heart arrow barrage.

She a skill that marks all the enemies with a status effect,and then

I have a 1x,1 turn event in battle that checks every turn for enemies with her special "pink-hearted" status effect.

If she's find someone with it,she will force skill use her finishing move on those particular enemies;all during the same turn!

This seems kind of easy to make, shame some of it is cut off at the top. But it looks like it'll only be at maximum power if 3 of your teammates are dead (I could be reading the picture wrong).

This seems kind of easy to make, shame some of it is cut off at the top. But it looks like it'll only be at maximum power if 3 of your teammates are dead (I could be reading the picture wrong).

I don't understand what you are trying to say...

Lol, Jesse, that is a cool attack/event/status!

sorry,the part cut off is just more actors;added up by a variable. see,the event counts ALL dead party members,not just the ones currently in the party. It was designed to be a miracle spell.

But you can easily change it by adding a second condition branch to check if their in the party to the one that checks if their knocked out or not.

But ya,you can set the based damage as high as you want. like turn 1,000 into 10,000,or even 100,000.

Base damage times # of dead actors.

This system was designed for my old game that actually removed actors of the party when they died.

You'd get a message saying,"Aluxes died,"when his hp hit 0,and he would disappear from the party.

It was a very hard game,needless to say!

This spell harnessed that power. So,if you had 21 dead actors,and the base damage was set to 1,000.

it would do 21,000 damage AND fully heal everyone in the party.

I mean.................. When you use the skill, it'll check and see if any of your teammates are KO'ed, if they are, then they are revived and add's 1 variable to Variable B. Then it'll multiply Variable A by Variable B and do damage to all enemies. The way it's set up, you can't store the "energy" (Variable B) and unleash the power at any time. Though that could be done with a "Show Choises" that say "Unleash Energy" and "Keep Storing" if Variable B is 1 or more. But then have a setting for Variable B if it's 10 or more, the skll will be like a self-destruct and kill you and your party, making it a game over. Oooh, I like :P

Edit: Darn, I replied to slow. I didn't know you replied already.

Sorry i didn't see this. This is great. You should upload it into a project file.

Once that gets done we should get this moved to the Resource Analysis.

Thanks =), everyone seemed to ignore it when I posted it. >.<

I have a lot of weird events. Like Lorana's pink-heart arrow barrage.

She a skill that marks all the enemies with a status effect,and then

I have a 1x,1 turn event in battle that checks every turn for enemies with her special "pink-hearted" status effect.

If she's find someone with it,she will force skill use her finishing move on those particular enemies;all during the same turn!

Hmmmm can you do this with VX also : o cause this might be something my future hero learns =)