New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
undoingearth

untitled game

First, to draw people to download, it would help to have some story information and screenshots. Give a little razzle-dazzle. You have to make it sound and look appealing (like on the back of a game case.) Let me give you an example from one of my previous demos.

First, to draw people to download, it would help to have some story information and screenshots. Give a little razzle-dazzle. You have to make it sound and look appealing (like on the back of a game case.) Let me give you an example from one of my previous demos.

how do you take pictures in the game?

Hold alt and hit enter once you are in full screen hit your print screen button(Prt Scr) and open paint and paste it in. Save it up and upload it to imageshack.us or photobucket.com and post the image here.

No offense, but I'm not really impressed by the overall generic characters and plot.

What would make this game unique from the several other hundred RmXP games out there?

umm...well im currently in search for a new battle system for my game

i have found a few but i keep getting syntax errors

idk why???

umm if any one could help me with plot, character design, Tittle graphic or scripting me a workable battle system

i would give you credit

This thread couldn't do anything more to me than make me groan.

>The story and characters are more cliche than bad-ass heroes in movies. It's ok to borrow ideas, but at least PUT SOME EFFORT into making it original.

> Your mapping is pretty poor. They are bare and boring, plus there is a lack of sense in the organization and placement of objects. Why would a park bench be placed in the middle of the street? They're usually against a wall or on a sidewalk or something.

In addition, your nature maps look square. Nothing in nature looks perfectly aligned and straight, you had the idea with your over world map, why not everything else?

This thread couldn't do anything more to me than make me groan.

>The story and characters are more cliche than bad-ass heroes in movies. It's ok to borrow ideas, but at least PUT SOME EFFORT into making it original.

> Your mapping is pretty poor. They are bare and boring, plus there is a lack of sense in the organization and placement of objects. Why would a park bench be placed in the middle of the street? They're usually against a wall or on a sidewalk or something.

In addition, your nature maps look square. Nothing in nature looks perfectly aligned and straight, you had the idea with your over world map, why not everything else?

well as far as the benches go...i put them there to show that the town is pure and un affected by what was going on around them in the world

kinda like the perfect little town....ohhh and that not the street buddy

ever heard of a town square

your right also in thinking if this town was worried about working or anything other than play the benches would be tucked in a corner out of the way...well there not, there spoiled

but thanks for the post any way, you have added so much input to my maping skill i own at maps ,no really, thanks for the advice as to how to fix these problems with my maps.....

Don't get offended.

Ratty is a little aggressive - yes. But what he says is true.

I don't see why that bench should be there, especially if it were a busy street.

The cave map is poor - I know of know cave that goes as straight as that and has a perfect 90 degree bend. Not only that, but the cave ceiling has its corners missing. This should be remedied.

The tilesets may not look like much, but with an artistic mind and some time. You could make them look great.

Don't rush into making the game. Take some time; good maps usually take an hour or so to make.

Don't get offended.

Ratty is a little aggressive - yes. But what he says is true.

I don't see why that bench should be there, especially if it were a busy street.

The cave map is poor - I know of know cave that goes as straight as that and has a perfect 90 degree bend. Not only that, but the cave ceiling has its corners missing. This should be remedied.

The tilesets may not look like much, but with an artistic mind and some time. You could make them look great.

Don't rush into making the game. Take some time; good maps usually take an hour or so to make.

i have been renovating my maps, due to the unsatisfactory comments i have been getting

i really dont see the problem with the benches

its not a street

and its in a smaller town so it wouldn't be busy

but what ever

also i have designed new sprites for all the characters and implemented a new battle system but i am still having trouble getting it to work right so no picks yet

That's always good to hear that your improving your game.

As far as the benchs go, you can do whatever you want. You've heard feedback.