New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
EmilyAnnCoons

Sonic Trilogy and Knuckles

This is my own take on the Sonic Trilogy (and Knuckles) for the old Sega Genesis. PLEASE REVIEW ONCE YOU HAVE READ IT! AND "good story" DOES NOT COUNT AS A REVIEW!

Chapter 1: Green Hill

On the Planet Mobius exists a small group known as the Freedom Fighters. Nothing but a group of small, anthromorphic animals, they fight to free the Planet Mobius from its evil, self-proclaimed dictator, Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Among the Freedom Fighters are the True King of Mobius – King Acorn, his daughter – Princess Sally, and one small, blue hedgehog known as being the fastest creature in the world. This hedgehog’s name was…

“Sonic the Hedgehog, we meet once more,” a man spoke as he sat in an egg-shaped vehicle. The man was rather round in shape, and he seemed to wear a red space suit of some sort. He had a long, brown moustache that came about a foot off his face in either direction, and his head and body were both egg shaped. His eyes were an odd shade of red, and his head was completely bald. This was Dr. Ivo Robotnik.

“Hello, Robuttnik,” a small, anthromorphic creature spoke about five feet below the hovering egg-shaped vehicle. The creature looked similar to a hedgehog, though its body was blue with a brown underbelly. It had sapphire blue eyes, and wore a pair of gloves on its hands, while wearing a pair of red sneakers that pointed at one end on its feet. This was Sonic the Hedgehog. “What do you got planned for me this time? Shooting me with lava? Maybe dropping spikes on me?”

“Oh no, this time I’ve found something that not even your speed can outmaneuver, Sonic,” Robotnik spoke.

“Oh really?” Sonic asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh yes.” Robotnik quickly pushed a button on his control pad, and a large set of bay doors opened from the bottom of the ship. A massive ball then slowly lowered from it, connected to a large chain. Sonic raised an eyebrow once more then shook his head.

“You think this will beat me, Eggman? You’re really not that smart, are you?”

Robotnik growled. “You’ll see!” he shouted. He pulled on a switch, and the large ball began to swing forward. Sonic watched the ball for a moment as it gained momentum and began to swing closer and closer to him. Soon, the ball had gained all the momentum it could, and Robotnik’s ship began to move forward.

As the ball grew close to Sonic, he yawned and stepped to the right. The massive ball quickly swung passed him, only an inch or two away from his side. It hadn’t been that Sonic hadn’t had time to move further away, but more the fact he just didn’t want to. “Is this it?” he asked and stepped to the left as the massive ball came up behind him, once again narrowly missing him.

Robotnik gave a chuckle. “Oh no, Sonic, it’s about to get much worse.” He pushed a button and the ball began to swing faster. The faster it swung, the harder it was for Sonic to avoid it. However, no matter how fast it seemed to go, Sonic seemed able to move out of the way with no trouble.

Sonic gave a yawn once more as he moved out of the way of the speeding ball. “This is boring me so much…” he spoke. “I guess I’ll just end this…” With those words, Sonic jumped into the air and landed upon the massive ball as it arched back at him. He then pulled his feet back and began to dash forward, running straight up the chain that held the massive ball.

“What?!” Robotnik shouted as he saw Sonic running up the chain. Sonic gave a smirk and soon pulled himself forward into a ball, extending his quills out all around his body. At his current speed, he shot up the chain and straight into the ship above. His body then shot through the ship, leaving a hole where he entered, and another hole where he exited. He then came down, his feet touching the back of Robotnik’s ship.

“Looks like your ship is all banged up, Eggman,” Sonic spoke.

Robotnik growled and gave a roar. There was then an explosion as some of the cut wires in the hole crossed. “I’ll get you one of these times, Sonic,” Robotnik spoke.

“Not if I get you first. There’s no escaping this time, Eggman.”

“Is that so?” Robotnik smirked and pushed a button on his control pad, and a large egg shaped window closed around him. Thrusters then fired, launching the small escape pod into the air, and causing another explosion on the ship. This one pushed Sonic back, knocking him to the ground. “Next time, Sonic!” Robotnik shouted. “I’ll get you next time!”

“Oh no you don’t!” Sonic shouted and dashed forward. He pushed off with his feet and flew into the air, but as his hand reached forward to grab the escape pod, there was a loud booming noise as the shuttle launched off at incredible speeds. Sonic landed his feet upon the ground, then growled. “Man…he got away again…” Sonic then heard a beeping noise and looked down to his side, where he had a small walkie-talkie like object connected to him. He pulled it out and pushed a button. “Yeah, Sally?”

“Sonic!” a female voice shouted with anger. “I’ve been trying to reach you for the last half an hour! Where have you been?”

Sonic sighed. “I was so close, Sally…”

There was silence for a moment. “What do you mean?”

“I’ve been chasing down Eggman all day…and I finally caught up to him here in Green Hills…but he got away…”

“Why was he in Green Hills?”

“I don’t know…” Sonic sighed. “But I’m sure it can’t be a good reason…”

“Well, in either case, hurry back to base, there’s something we all need to discuss.”

“But shouldn’t I be going after Robuttnik?”

“If he already escaped, there’s nothing you can do. He probably went back to Robotropolis, and there’s no way you can penetrate that fortress on your own.”

Sonic sighed. “Very well…I’ll hurry back…Sonic out…” He pushed a button on the walkie-talkie once more, then put it away. He pulled his feet back and shot forward across the land, making a loud booming noise as he broke through the sound barrier as he did.

“Robotnik has returned,” a robot spoke as it entered a large room. In the center was a large computer that displayed the plans for a large, egg-shaped device. Standing in front of the computer was a short man who seemed mostly bald, save for a few strands of hair here and there upon his head. He wore a full green suit, and his eyes were a shade of brown. He turned, looking to see the robot enter.

“He has?” the man asked somewhat nervously. “Oh no…” He looked back up at the screen. “He can’t find out about this…”

“And…what can’t I find out, Snively?” a voice asked from behind the man, who quickly jumped, whipping around to find himself staring at a rather irate Robotnik.

“S-sir! I…didn’t expect you back so soon! Did all go well?”

Robotnik gave Snively a glare, then looked away. He was obviously avoiding Robotnik’s question. “The hedgehog proved to be a bit more formidable then I expected…”

“W-well…don’t forget, sire, you still have Scrap Brain.”

“Yes…that’s certainly true…” Robotnik turned back to look at Snively. “And how goes the construction of my wonderful new ship?”

“It’s right on schedule, sire,” Snively spoke nervously.

“No…fall ups?”

“N-none, sire.”

“Then the Emeralds are in place?” Snively bit his lip at those words. His body was now shaking more then ever, and Robotnik noticed this. “They…are in place…right?”

“W-well…they were…”

“Were?” Robotnik growled. “What do you mean ‘were’?”

“W-well…you see sir…we put in six of them-”

“You…did…what?!” Robotnik shouted loud enough to make Snively fall backwards.

“We-we put in six of them, sire!”

Robotnik’s hands balled up into fists as his anger rose. “Did I not instruct that all seven were to be installed at the same time?”

“Y-yes, sire…” Snively spoke as he nervously stood up.

“Then why were only six installed?”

“We wanted to make sure that the emeralds would work before we went installing all of them!”

“Fool!” Robotnik shouted and brought his hand across Snively’s face, knocking him down from the force of his muscular arms striking Snively’s scrawny body. “Do you know why I instructed that all seven be installed together? And why I kept them all together in one spot?”

“N-no, sire,” Snively weakly spoke as he pushed to stand himself up.

“Because, if even one of the seven emeralds is missing from the group, the remaining emeralds will act as magnets to each other and will force themselves apart from each other. On top of that, each emerald has a power that can only be calmed by another emerald. If you only hold six, the result would be that one would be left uncountered, thus causing it to release its energy. Then, when they all push each other away, the others will also activate, thus causing a chain reaction that could have set us back thirty years in production!”

Robotnik pushed one of his feet onto Snively’s back, knocking the man down once more. “Do you understand?”

“Y-yes…sire…” Snively worked to utter out, Robotnik’s foot nearly crushing his lungs.

“If I have to spend another ten years searching for those emeralds, I assure you, every miniscule scrap of my pain, annoyance and frustration will be immediately downloaded directly into your mind, at any and all times, day or night.”

Snively trembled at those words, knowing full well that his master was completely capable of doing exactly what he said. “Y-yes, sire…”

“Swatbots, take him away.” Robotnik turned as two large robots appeared from gates in the walls. “Oh, and, make sure he suffers along the way.” Snively screamed as Robotnik walked off, leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.

“I just don’t understand…” a female, squirrel-like, anthromorphic creature spoke. She had red hair that went down to the middle of her back, while her body was covered in brown fur. The only clothes she wore were a pair of purple shoes, along with a dark purple vest that sat open. Her sapphire eyes examined a large sheet of paper in front of her that looked similar to a map. “What would Robotnick be doing so far away from Robotropolis?”

“Maybe he’s just looking to expand his grip?” another female spoke. This one was a bunny-like, anthromorphic creature. Her body was covered in yellow fur, and a purple tube top made up her entire outfit. Her entire left arm, along with both of her legs, seemed to be entirely robotic, looking as if she had lost her arm and legs in battle and had had them replaced with machines.

“But like this? No…Robotnick doesn’t do stuff like this normally…”

“What’s up, Sally?” a male voice spoke from directly behind the squirrel creature, which made her jump. She quickly whipped around to look behind her, her eyes falling upon Sonic when she did.

“Sonic!” Sally shouted, obviously angry. “Don’t sneak up on me like that!”

“Sorry.” Sonic rushed up next to the map and looked down at it. “What’s this?”

“A map that shows what Robotnick controls, basically.” Sally turned and pointed at a single location. “You see here?”

“The Marble Ruins?”

Sally nodded in response. “Robotnick’s making a big fuss over there it seems.”

“Why? What’s he up to?”

“No clue…” Sally sighed and closed her eyes. “I wish I knew…”

“Have you sent anyone to investigate?”

“Yeah…we sent a few to check the area out…but none of them have come back yet.”

“No sweat, then, Sal, I’ll go check it out and be back in a jiffy!”

“Sonic, wait,” Sally quickly spoke.

“What is it?”

“Chances are that it will be extremely dangerous there. You should take someone with you.”

“But Sally, taking someone along will just slow me down. You know no one can keep up with my speed.”

“That may be true, but it’s too dangerous for one person to go alone.”

“Come on, Sally, it’s just a simple scouting mission,” Sonic protested. “You know I can do that easy. Rush in, check everything out, rush out. No one will even know I was there.”

“It’s the rushing part I’m worried about,” Sally spoke, which made Sonic raise a brow.

“What do you mean?”

“Your speed is great and all, Sonic, but what do you have to fall back on if your speed ever became a hindrance?”

“My speed become a hindrance?” Sonic laughed at that. “Oh, Sal, you must be joking.”

“I’m not!” Sally shouted in frustration.

“Honestly, Sally, I don’t think my speed will ever be a problem. And, if, somehow, it ever did become a hindrance, though there’s no chance of that ever happening, I have some fighting skills to fall back on as well. Don’t worry about it, ok?”

Sally sighed and closed her eyes, folding her arms across her chest. “I don’t know…”

“He is right,” the bunny creature spoke. “Right now, I don’t know of anything that could stop Sonic’s speed.”

“Just because we can’t think of anything doesn’t mean Robotnick can’t,” Sally spoke. “There’s only one of us who has the same IQ as Robotnick. There’s no telling what he could be planning…”

“Too bad the kid’s not here right now.”

“Who?” Sonic asked.

“Someone you don’t know,” Sally spoke. “He and Robotnick are the only people on all of Mobius to score 300 on an IQ test.”

“Whoa! 300? That’s pretty high, isn’t it?”

“The highest possible,” the bunny creature responded.

“Well, it doesn’t matter in either case, I’m going off to the Marble Ruins. I’ll be back in a jiffy and I’ll be able to tell you what Robotnick’s planning.”

Sally sighed. “Fine…but be careful, okay, Sonic?” Sally asked.

“Come on, Sal, I’m Sonic the Hedgehog, I’ll be fine.”

Sally sighed. “Just…don’t get too cocky, ok?”

“I won’t. Be back in a flash!” Sonic pulled his legs up and made a mad dash away from the village.

Sally sighed and turned to the bunny creature. “I’m worried about him, Bunny. He seems too hot-headed. He’s going to encounter something that he can’t defeat one of these days, and then he won’t know what to do.”

Bunny nodded. “One day…” she spoke, “but let’s hope that day isn’t today. Let’s hope that, when that day comes, it won’t affect the fate of the world.”

Sally nodded. “Yeah…let’s definitely hope for that.”

The sonic cast are all very well established. Perhaps you didn't know, but there was (and still is) a Sonic comic, off of which the show was based. It would do you good to read some of that.

I also think that doing Sonic in anything but a visual medium is a set up for failure.

I have read the comic, where do you think I got Sally and Bunny from? All of the characters from the Sonic comic (that I've read) are there, and their personalities match as closely as I could get them to match. I'd be willing to make this a comic, though, if I had an artist. Sprites won't work (can't find half the sprites I'd need anyway), so I'd need someone who could draw it.

Most people know the chars from the show.

I didn't even know Princess Sally was in the show o.o The only Sonic series I ever watched was a really bad one where the only Sonic characters were Sonic, Tails, and Robotnick...and it had two weird robots that made the whole show horrible...

I don't know what to say. This is pretty good. You best write some more so I have more to critique on...cause i'm gonna be an upset tree if I don't see anything moar!!!

lol, take your time.