New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Upgrade

Forum Skin  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep it this current skin?

• Yes
    • No

Question, how do we find out who posted what in where? There was a button that said "View New Posts" before the upgrade.

Or you can go all the way to the bottom of the Forums oage, and click on "Today's active content" :P Just found that out a while ago.

Or you could do the more simple thing. Today's active content, just shows all threads that have been posted in today. Not really solving the question of if someone posted something "new."

In the upper right corner below search is "View New Content" ;)

No problem, I'm here to help :P

@Marked, I meant to say this earlier and I think I forgot to but I like how the Fast Reply now has the full editor (well most of it). :)

Well you said edit before not Fast Reply, there's a big difference lol.

Wow, I cant believe how many posts are in this topic. I'll try to answer all the questions as the appear in the topic.

@CrimsonInferno: The error in your profile(and all the rest) is the custom profile fields, the box does not extend over it. I knew of this before the upgrade, I'll find a way to fix it, nothing major im sure.

@spoiler people: I dont know how spoilers suddenly worked. The spoilers before were custom bbcode, perhaps the got replaced with this verisions default. Either way I like the ones we had before where you can have a title, so i'll change them. As for having to make them again, you shouldnt, I rebuilt all the signatures and everything else possible. Oh, its different BBCode, so that explains it.

@Chief: yes, IPB

@CrimsonInferno2: No we wont be switching back. I backed up the database before the upgrade, but I dont think I can downgrade. The database tables have been changed dramatically and its not a matter of switching back to the other files. Because of the database change, I assumed there would be lag. Which seems to be the case so far.

@Nisage(regarding "view new posts"): I see you found the alternative ways of viewing that. Even for me that was how I saw all the new posts, and I assume barely anyone ever finds topics on the board view. Actually, I think we need to compact our forum structure again. But anyway, that was a mod called board panel, a real favorite among IPB's, the author doesnt make mods anymore but I think i saw a fix for this version and hopefully i'll get it back.

I am going to add a poll for this skin and whether to have it as the final skin. There's a lot of images missing that I'll have to add in, if we keep it.

I want it so stay the final skin. Don't make me cry Y.Y

ok poll's up, go vote!

@ Nisage: I have to work on the links, I'll get the link up. Its on the homepage also. Does anyone use it anymore though?

I'll do anything for this skin!

Unless *does J.D from scrubs look into daydreams* you can show us examples of a skin you'd give us if we vote no we don't want the current skin. Although, I really am in love with this skin. *kisses theme and marries it*

Well Nisage, I'm going to install a chatroom and a hook(the little boxes on the right on the board index) which shows who's chatting. Should be nice.

I also forgot to answer your earlier question. I set birthdays to show up only on the day there are some. When there are not, like today, the box disappears. Would you prefer to have it always shown like before?

I prefer the birthdays only to show up on the days that they happen. It'll make it stand out more when there is a birthday.

I would also be interested in making a skin too. But I'd have to see how they have it set up on here. It's a whole new look. I'd need to see everything to see what I have to do.

i like this new set up =]

its quite nice but i liked the previous as well

so i dont mind either =D

i got on and was like....

hang on... has something changed....

it seems...different...

then i saw this topic and was like...

ohh... i see now hhahaah xD

i just notice everything hheeh xD

This is lagging so bad for me, this new skin. I dont know if it is a problem with the coding or what, but it is killing me.

Its probably because there are a lot of people on....or maybe the add-ons on the main page. Like the status button and the rest. It might go faster for you if those were removed.

But, the site works awesome for me now. Before it would lag and give me a database error....whatever that is lol

Maybe your internet's. Mines loads fast with no problems at all.

The site should not affect the forum at all. Since this upgrade broke the bridge, the only connection between the two is that they are on the same database. There should also be now errors, this was a clean, default upgrade.

Leon, lets test the skin. I'll enable you to choose the default skin at the bottom of the forum and you can see if there's a difference.

Yay ipb 3.0!! I love it!! Good choice marked! Keep working on the site! Il be sure to post any bugs I find! The site seems to be going faster for me too, hopefully the database errors go away too!

I get the database error only a few times and that's when I access my profile. But, that hasn't happened in a very long time :P

Hey everyone, I have just repaired and optimised the database, and this should help to speed things up. If you are still getting lag, I will see what I can do to fix it.