New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Tomo2000

Tomo2000's Eventing Tutorials

Tomo2000's Eventing Tutorials

Well, basically, when I got nothing to do I play around with the eventing capabilities of RMXP. Most of the time I make something cool and useful and will post it here. If you like anything here please give me rep. Please Note: considering the old eventing tutorials no longer had working links (and that my new computer doesn't have them), I have removed them from here just as not to make it look like there is 4+ when, in fact, there's only a few working ones. Anyway, enjoy :alright:

Horror-Game Mechanic I

A very simple horror game mechanic. This one is played on a continuous loop just to show the player the whole idea of the system, but can be implemented as a one-time use for any horror game. Judging on the players direction, it makes the event (in this case, a ghost) remain directly behind him/her. Enjoy :alright:

Horror-Game Mechanic I at Mediafire

If you find this system helpful please give me rep.

More will be added soon

Edited by Tomo2000

What do you think will be the first thing to be posted?

(And you can take that userbar out of your sig for now. It leads to an empty topic.)

Ah, Kiriashi, I've been expecting you :D . I thought you would be the first to post. I am currently working on a complete tutorial to explain the "Button Input Process" Event, just as you asked in Requests. I've done some tests and I should be able to use 1 switch, 1 event, 1 common event and 2 variables to create a 8-directional movement system. Also, it will have some other cool stuff but it won't be posted here. It will have its own awesome topic :D .

Well, most likely the first thing to be posted here will be a character-graphics selection system. It will be pretty cool. Backgrounds included :D . Maybe we could include it in The Collector if Polraudio likes it. After I post it I will send a PM to Polraudio with a link to the topic.

Also, hope your RMXP school thingo goes well. If you are looking for some weekly advanced-eventing you can always call me :D . I'll remove the userbar and add the one you have just so that it will spread (only slightly, though. Most people probally have already seen if from reading one of your 2000 posts or so. Can't wait until you reach 3000 :D . I'll throw you a party, the drinks on me :D ).

Hehe, you make me laugh.

Yeah, once get to the more advanced sections, you will probably see your inbox flooded. xD

I can't wait to see a Button Input Process tutorial, as I still don't have that figured out.

In case you were curious, here is what I've mastered on the first page of event commands:

iknow1.png

And the second page:

iknow2.png

The white areas are things I haven't really toyed with. I can't find a picture of the third page... xD

Well, I've been toying with the Transitions and think I have nearly mastered it. Anyhow, I've also been making the button input process and have made a few cool systems. For example, I can easily use it to make the movement setting of WASD. Some people prefer that over arrow keys for no apparent reason :D .

I've also done a heap of other cool things, including a detailed tutorial for every system that the demo includes. If you have anything you'd like me to add just say so. Should be finished soon. Also, you'll have to wait to see the awesome 'Sprint and Jump system'... Damn... I just told you didn't... Ah well... you're not getting any information about the totally awesome, super advanced... wait... I'm not telling you that! Hahaha!

I hope thats not as wrong as it sounds... Anyway, I'll be doing a heap of work so I should have it finished in, hopefully, an hour or two.

Well take yer' time, just post it as soon as it is finished, 'cause I'd love to see it! I cannot figure out those damn commands! xD

No problem!

Next up on my list is transitions.. thank you can do that? :rolleyes:

You've earned your self proclaimed title now.

Your forum = :5:

Transitions are a pain in the ass. I've only recently learnt how to use them properly so I'll make you a tutorial, Kiriashi. And yay, I has stars :D .

lol. Damn you! I was going to make a system for that!

I will download this as well when I get the chance!

Lol. I made this quite a while ago, actually, and decided to post it just as another system. I'll post a new system soon.

The "Vampire Transform Eventing System" has been added. Not too much but it is pretty cool :) . Enjoy.

Added the first system for quite a while... Just made it in the 15 minutes before work. I thought I replied to this topic before leaving... Ah well. Enjoy :)

You should look at the eventing :alright: after all, that's why it's an unencrypted archive :P and thanks for takin' a look Kiriashi, I knew I could count on you :B):

Edited by Tomo2000

You should try sending Tomo a PM, and request for the file to be reuploaded (if it still exists xD)

Or if you are lucky, someone else may have it and reupload it.