New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Some1

Text event in a foreign language

Question

I wanna write some foreign language text in the "Show Text" event but... The letters come out as question marks. They look fine while i'm typing, but after clicking OK, and inside the game, it's all ????s. Solutions, anyone? Thanks.

5 answers to this question

What language exactly do you want to type in? It's best to use the Latin alphabet if you can.

Have you tried to see if the text is shown in game? Or is it that same as the editor?

Let me do some tests with Hebrew (have to get to reused to typing in Hebrew, been AGES), then I will let you know what I come up with.

Have you tried to see if the text is shown in game? Or is it that same as the editor?

Let me do some tests with Hebrew (have to get to reused to typing in Hebrew, been AGES), then I will let you know what I come up with.

Thanks. And yes, inside the game it's the same as in the editor =\

Strange, I cannot seem to get it to work on my computer. I remember before that I had to use a program to get it to work. I think it is called "Microsoft AppLocale". You should be able to download it from the Microsoft site, it should allow the use of Unicode characters in non-Unicode programs.

Sorry for not being of much help, I haven't needed to write in Hebrew on my computer is years... I only really speak and read it as such on the Sabbath <_<