New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Long has the battle between RPG franchises gone on with no real winner. Well that war ends now. I want to see which RPG wins out within the members of this forum. I will start with an easy choice. Chrono Trigger is my favorite. HANDS DOWN!!! The combat system is outstanding even for todays standards. From combat animations to the combat menues and abilities strike me as epic. The story is outstanding crossing mellenia and continents. Everything is in this game from dinosaurs to time machines. The charactors in the game connect to the player in their own ways from the emo Magus to the naive Marle and the "Nerdy" Luca. Definitely beats FFX-2 piece of crap....everything. Im sure i will catch some h*ll from ff fans but its my opinion and you'll hear if i have to force it on you lol. Then there are the multiple endings and New Game Plus option making replay value shoot through the roof. I personally have beaten this game well over 100 times and still play it. So 1 vote to Chrono Trigger.

fire emblem series is by far my fav series ever. it was my first turn based game i played and i loved it. cant explain exactly why i love it so but after playing all 11 game's almost no other game serie's feels "right" for me. so vote 1 for fire emblem.

This isn't really an interactive story... or a story at all for that matter.