New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
evil cabbage

RMXP.Org Hacked and Shut Down

Hey guys, I knew for a while that the new RMXP.Org had been hacked, but now it's been shut down. I honestly don't know who in their right mind would want to hack and literally destroy a little online community that's just taking it's baby steps. Some people really need to question what they do with their spare time.

http://rmvxp.com/thread-1944.html

We were hacked three times, and additionally Noise/Despain's (the founder) personal site were hacked. Then Noise had a midlife crisis and decided to make his leave. That's pretty much what happened.

Hmph... My ex's big project was on that site. Serves him right...

On the other hand, that really sucks. I can't remember visiting it, myself...

Who? :rofl:

Actually, when RMXP Pool was first starting out (in it's first beta), Noise actually offered to host everything for me and run the site from RMXP.Org . I guess it's a good job that I didn't take that offer.

It's still really sad, what happened though. There is a person out there who should be really ashamed of him or herself.

I have heard rumors about turkish hackers, but I don't know what to believe.

I have heard rumors about turkish hackers, but I don't know what to believe.

This may be slightly off-topic, but it's very possible that it was turkish hackers...they seem to like hacking gaming sites like this.

It could be very true. My friends' sites were hacked with IP addresses from a foreign country.

I think they are trying to steal games, ideas, and resources to claim as their own.

I thought for awhile there RMXP.org redirected to HBGames.org, which made me think that HBGames bought out RMXP.org, but I could be mistaken...

Just go to rmvx.org lol or hbgames.org the sites still there.

RMXP.org = HBGames.org.

RMXP.org was hacked at one point, but that is not the reason the site has been shutdown. They made HBGames because they felt RMXP was dying, so they wanted to have a site that wasn't just focused on RMXP. If you had an account on RMXP.org, then you have one on HBGames, and all of your old posts/topics will still be in tact with your account.

Why would you guys think that RMXP.org was shutdown due to hacking?

I thought this was weird as well. Click the link in the 3rd post and this causes great confusion.

At first I was like I never visited a hack RMXP.Org so this is odd.

It seems we have another victim of the internet hate machine.

4KJBT2WDPJVDNBKF7MBRGYD6KWAQGPQN.jpeg?1253512261

Archives of RMXP.ORG before hacking is transferred to RMVXP.COM, site of PK8. The case is moving slowly, but before full recovery is far away.

RMXP.org = HBGames.org.

RMXP.org was hacked at one point, but that is not the reason the site has been shutdown. They made HBGames because they felt RMXP was dying, so they wanted to have a site that wasn't just focused on RMXP. If you had an account on RMXP.org, then you have one on HBGames, and all of your old posts/topics will still be in tact with your account.

Why would you guys think that RMXP.org was shutdown due to hacking?

You misunderstand. The original RMXP.Org changed to become HBGames.Org. Shortly after, the domain "RMXP.Org" was purchased by Noise. He then setup an entirely new community seperate from the original RMXP.Org (which is now HBGames.org). I am saying that the new seperate RMXP.Org got hacked.

Yes, Kiriashi, you really do not understand. Now HBGames.org and RMXP.org divided as a different communities. Everybody has their own site. Indeed, the site of HBGames.org too was attacked by hackers this year, but it was able to recover. But RMXP.ORG now totally disabled after three hackers attack. And now, as I said earlier, the topics are in it up to hacker attacks, restored PK8 on his site, rmvxp.com.

I remember the site being up one day and then I go back the next and it is down. It didn't say they were hacked, just that they finally decided to shut down. Or at least that's what the bulletin board said :<

Are you sure that is the reason they are shutting down?

The last of the RMXP's... :(

i found out what happened to despain hes now happy playing a game called bleach: shinzui i know him and hes kind of an ass to everyone in shinzui so i think a little reminder of who he should be is in order. sorry if this is a necropost its just ive been away a long time.

I heard the forum had lots of very rude people....I never really got a chance to sign up and check...

Yup it was very very rude. Kind of the same way HBgames are.

Im going to close this topic because its old news. If you would like to talk about it more please send me a PM or make a new topic.