New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Noob Saibot

Arkayda (TCG)

Arkayda

Type: Trading Card Game

Format: Online Game TCG and Physical Play (real collectible cards)

Probability of Doing: 85%

Purpose of this topic: Your ideas and Thoughts

TCG Online Made With: Unknown

Alright so yes I am back, and have decided to make a TCG, but wanted your thoughts on TCG in general. So if you will answer some questions (please answer even if you don't play any type of TCG or used to).

*Doesn't matter if you play a real TCG or a video game version!!!

1) If you play a TCG what do you like about it?

2) If you play one what do you dislike about it?

3) If you used to play a TCG what are would your answers to 1 & 2?

4) What do you think of Magic the Gathering?

5) What do you think of Yu-Gi-Oh?

6) What did like or dislike about them?

*Once people have answered I will post more info.

I think the idea is cool. However is this possible? How do you plan to make this online?

1) If you play a TCG what do you like about it?

The ability to make different types of decks, beating other players, watching them desperately look at there trap and magic cards for an answer to your combos, and the anime drawings. Srsly.

2) If you play one what do you dislike about it?

Despite the varied decks, there are select decks that are vastly superior because of the cards associated with that type. Making deck choices very limited for competitive play. I feel.

3) If you used to play a TCG what are would your answers to 1 & 2?

4) What do you think of Magic the Gathering?

Pretty automative, which I feel nice because you can focus on other things.

5) What do you think of Yu-Gi-Oh?

Superior CARD game. Plenty of strategy required. But my answers above are in reference to this game.

6) What did like or dislike about them?

Answered already.

Sorry it took so long Hooded Man! Remember! Hooded Man >

@ RR

Well it wont use RMXP or any Enterbrain product or Yo Yo Games. I am leading toward Torque Game Builder. And a CCG or TCG (which ever you wish to call them) is not hard to take online; just a matter of servers. But before the Online Game is made the physical game will be made (a real CCG). I already have spoken to a company that would publish the card game and help sell it. It all comes down to what I come up with.

@Ark

Can you explain answer 2 more...I'm slightly lost. I only play yugioh video games.

Side Note

I was also leading toward something simply like the game play in Yu-Gi-Oh, but more added to it to make it original and not so complex like Magic or A Game of Thrones.

I have come up with the basic as far as:

ATK (attack) | DEF (defend) | AGT (agility) | ??? (unknown post ideas)

So this would work like:

CARD 1-- ATK 100 | DEF 300 | AGT 150 | ???

CARD 2-- ATK 200 | DEF 100 | AGT 100 | ???

card 2 tries to attack card 1 but fails because card 1's AGT is higher.

CARD 1-- ATK 100 | DEF 300 | AGT 100 | ???

CARD 2-- ATK 200 | DEF 100 | AGT 150 | ???

card 2 attacks card 1 and takes 100 in damage (DEF300-ATK200=DAM100)

Or something like this. I need a fourth thing to add to the game. I was going to have it be STAMINA and this would work like

CARD 1-- ATK 100 | DEF 300 | AGT 100 | STA 10

CARD 2-- ATK 200 | DEF 100 | AGT 150 | STA 5

If card 1 is not destroyed by player 2 after 10 turns the card is destroyed.

It is an idea any comments would be nice and/or ideas.

"I was also leading toward something simply like the game play in Yu-Gi-Oh, but more added to it to make it original and not so complex like Magic or A Game of Thrones."

I disgree, Yu-Gi-Oh is far more complex with it's play on words, different phases within phases, and chaining system.

As for my answer two, there are several decks you can make in the game like: Custom Decks, Gadget Decks, Fire Deck, Gladiator Deck, Water Deck, Umi Deck, Cloudian Deck, Blackwing Deck, Burn Deck, Six Samurai, Elemental Hero, etc.

However that said, they aren't all exactly balanced and there exists a cap on potential with these decks. More specifically two decks I have in mind: Blackwing and Burn deck - you can regard as the "Ultimate" decks as far as potential goes.

They have two play styles, one is a simple beat-em up deck while the other saps your life points. Combined with the proper cards though, you just won't be able to win under normal circumstances. Blackwings can pump out their monsters way to fast, and burn decks can lock your ass down and watch you writhe in pain.

I never got the chaining system, but overal Yu-Gi-Oh is simple and easy to learn. Most other CCG have so many other things going on or need to happen makes them far more complex.

What kind of monsters and/or people will be on the cards? In other words what is this based on?

What kind of monsters and/or people will be on the cards? In other words what is this based on?

Well nothing really. I was playing a Facebook CCG application game when I thought why don't I make my own. I then concluded that it would be simple like Yu-Gi-Oh but different. The theme of the game I got the idea from Rouge Galaxy (PS2 game by Level 5). The theme of the game is a Fantasy Fiction. You will not have LP or HP (life points/hit points), but instead what is known as LEADERS (max 3 in a deck and no 2 can be the same). Kill/defeat the leader to win. Your LEADER will control SOLDIERS (max 6 at any given time) which will be humanoid, animal, machine, undead, etc. The game will incorporate SYSTEM cards and TERRAIN cards which act like the FIELD cards in Yu-Gi-Oh. This is a Fantasy Space CCG so the boost from a SYSTEM or TERRAIN card would work like:

Nargeria System

Monsters labeled Nargeria gain an extra 100 STR and DEF.

Tilt Mountains

All SOLDIERS who are WIND type gain 200 STR and DEF and lose 50 AGI.

* Also I now have a designer who will design the cards and images needed for them as well as a Publisher of card games so that 85% just went up to 95%!

Hey, I've made countless card games in my spare time, and some important factors are variety, balance and creativity. Try looking up the Fullmetal Alchemist TCG, which features turns shared by each player as opposed to separate turns (decided by your card's total wits). This allows for more in-depth strategies. Also, there are no LP/HP, you win by accumulating victories in various locations, which had unique effects. This makes for an ever-shifting battlefield, requiring the ability to adapt. Yugioh may seem great and complex, but it lacks balance and is just a carbon copy of Magic (I have played both for years). I'd love to help and provide feedback/ideas/etc, so feel free to email me (lynxkuroneko@gmail). Take care!