New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
FranklinX

Racism in Dragonball Z

You are trying to link two totally different ideas and conflate them into your view that it is racist. There is no proof whatsoever that this is portraying any human race or racial event whatsoever.

Don't twist around around what I said. I never said the show and its' ideas are racist.:angry: :angry: :angry:

I simply stated that DBZ has connections/similarities to the civil rights moment/salvary.

That WOULD standup in a classroom conversation about slavery :sweatdrop: but then you'll look wierd and people might think that your comparing a cartoon to a tragic part of history. 

That WOULD standup in a classroom conversation about slavery :sweatdrop: but then you'll look wierd and people might think that your comparing a cartoon to a tragic part of history.

What is so wrong with looking at the similarities? NOTHING is being compared.

There are cartoons that are based on history. MegaMan does this all of the time. MegaMan Battle Network 2 is a good example of history being used in cartoons/anime/gaming. There is a battle that is based off of 9/11. Mr. Gauss a member of the terriost group Gospel is trying to crash the plane.

Sigma is somewhat based off of Hitler. He went crazy after he had the Maverick Virus and Hitler had a STD in his brain. Sigma tried to kill all humans and Hitler wanted to kill all Jews. Both failed. Both wanted to rule the world. Both believe their races are the best race(robots are consider a race in MegaMan). There were many times when people thought Hitler was dead but someone from the Nazi party was impersonating Hitler. Sigma was believed to be dead many times after his bodies were destroyed, but it took almost a century to finally kill him for good.

Goodness, people! RKO is just saying that the cartoon is similar to racism. It's just a wierd coincidence is all. Besides, not everything that has slavery/hate is racist. He didn't say it was. Let's just leave it at that. You guys look like you're ganging up on him.

Goodness, people! RKO is just saying that the cartoon is similar to racism. It's just a wierd coincidence is all. Besides, not everything that has slavery/hate is racist. He didn't say it was. Let's just leave it at that. You guys look like you're ganging up on him.

exactly, i was going to say the same thing and I see the connection Franklin was trying to make

There's nothing special about the charactersets, just see what he did for his a duplicate it.

erm what?

I'm moving this to Mature Discussion.

Please keep it civil you guys. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

I didn't see anything racist about Frieza owning the Sayians. He did as any warrior would have done when he finished off a planet of other warriors. Enslaved them and then made them his soldiers. He owned a lot of people, but only because of war dominance. :)

Now, Mr. Popo on the other hand! :nono4:

I didn't see anything racist about Frieza owning the Sayians. He did as any warrior would have done when he finished off a planet of other warriors. Enslaved them and then made them his soldiers. He owned a lot of people, but only because of war dominance. :)

Now, Mr. Popo on the other hand! :nono4:

He actually paid his other soldiers. At times he did mention salary.

In principle, the Japanese often affect this problem. According to your example, you can take a lot of analogies. A large number of anime antagonists have the features of racism.

Naruto - The ratio of people to Jinchuuriki, for example besides Naruto, in the early episodes. A striking example of racism, which is ideal for your portrait of racism.

Gintama - Relationships Amanto to former samurai and all people - also a perfect portrait of racism. Samurai surrendered to them, and as a result they began to treat them as slaves (the inability to find a job - that's a bright example of racism!)

Shaman King (manga, anime just *peep*) - Hao wants to create a complete world for powerful shamans. By the weak as it relates to the lower race, publicly humiliating them. It also refers to people. Here it is - a portrait of a racist.

In principle, the Japanese often affect this problem. According to your example, you can take a lot of analogies. A large number of anime antagonists have the features of racism.

Naruto - The ratio of people to Jinchuuriki, for example besides Naruto, in the early episodes. A striking example of racism, which is ideal for your portrait of racism.

Gintama - Relationships Amanto to former samurai and all people - also a perfect portrait of racism. Samurai surrendered to them, and as a result they began to treat them as slaves (the inability to find a job - that's a bright example of racism!)

Shaman King (manga, anime just *peep*) - Hao wants to create a complete world for powerful shamans. By the weak as it relates to the lower race, publicly humiliating them. It also refers to people. Here it is - a portrait of a racist.

Well said. And a lot of examples, too.