New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
ShinkuAura

Game Reviews

Welcome to Omar's RPG MAKER Game reviews!

You can Post a game in this topic, it can be a Demo and a full game.
but before you can post a game please notice that you must be a member of the RPG Maker Unlimited community and have at least 10 fourm post to even post a game.

You can submit a game of any genre, before you do please copy and edit to your game information.

Name of the game
GameType (Demo, Full)
Game Engine (RPG MAKER XP, VX, ACE)
Game Author or Game Company
Game Genre
Game Cover (Not really recommanded)
Game Page (If you do not have a game page then make one here) http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/forum/87-established-games/ 
Author's Comment (Not really recommanded, the author can express themself in anyway in this section)

Game Reviews will now feature
Written review
Categories Rating
Reviewer's comments
Pro and Cons
Final Rating (will not add the categories rating score, i prefer to give it my own score)

Categories:
Story
Graphics
Eventing
Custom Scripts (battle systems, new features are considered custom scripts)
Mapping/tilesets
Music/soundtrack.

Please note that games may take days or even weeks to get the review information.
and this does not affect games that have been submitted before Febuary 1, 2013

Please Post your game! Thank you!

-Omar
Edited by Omar510

Hey, Omar. This looks great. Reckon you'd be able to review Hope Afloat? Thanks :alright:

Download Link: ....................Click Me

Name of the game: ...............Hope Afloat

Name of the Game Engine: ..RPG Maker XP

Name of the Author: .............Me, Tomo2000

Genre:...................................Action, Post-Apocolyptic

Game Review for Hope Afloat v8 (Version Eight)

So You don't like Zombie Horror Games on a RPG 2D Game?

Well if you don't try "Hope Afloat" Your Losing Alot of stuff mate

Hope Afloat Created by Tomo2000

Game Engine RPG Maker XP

Genere: Action,Post Apocolyptic

Story:

So the Games Starts with a Guy Name Kyle Hiding Behind the Bed

Trying To survive from the Raid of Zombies that is in every place

so you start out Escaping from the Zombies to the Raft and that raft is where you can Save your Progress and travel.

Presention:

you can travel to places like towns and Military Bases where you can find Equipment so you can survive. also each town has some Puzzles and Mini-games and Weapons. you can find Alot of things like a Car. Each Place has it's Own Stuff and it's really cool the gameplay doesn't repeats

like other Horror games i play that requieres shooting zombies and hiding from them and with the day and night system.

The Game Requieres Some thinking and Stradegy, the game has so many events that really really makes it a true Horror game.

Graphics:

The Graphics is Just Wonderful and it doesn't lack anything you'll feel like if your in the game.. Aldo The Graphics Can Get a little Boring

Because it's repeats too much and you'll feel like your in the same town sometimes but the Graphics shine and it's really dark like if the World just ended

the darkness is perfect the Zombie graphic is perfect even thought the zombie graphics repeats alot sometimes i think why isn't any women zombies appear

or some dog graphics. the Building Graphics is Great but once again it repeats alot but there's ton of graphics that the game has like cars people and buildings

the graphics really shine.

Scripts:

The Scripts are Just wonderful and well kinda similar, it's Actually The Ol' Resident evil 1-3's Interface. but the Overall Scripts are okay.

because you have some Racing Mini-games/Missions for example very good idea.

Music:

The Music score Actually Makes the Game More sadder and sometimes in some serious times and it kinda repeatative but it's really fits with the game

music sometimes tells you if there's a sad moment or a happy moment and i like that.

Mapping:

Mapping is Very good There's Really No Errors on it and i like the Military Base 1 it felt that it was really destroyed and the mapping is really what a

RPG game wants, "Good mapping" Even though there's some Maps that really need some little bit of work it kind of squared but most of the mapping is perfect

and fits with the game.

Dialog:

The charcter Really makes the game more interesting and sometimes boring it really needs some Work on it to make it more intresting.

Features: A Save System, A travel System, A Herb healing System (Like Resident evil), and Awsome mini-games/Missions.

PROS:

It's Neat

The Battle System is Great

Mapping is Wonderful

Short Puzzles

Alot of Zombies

Awsome Features

Alot of Towns

Great Darkness

CONS:

Small Maps/towns

going back to the raft sometimes is annoying

Traveling System Isn't Very Good because you can travel once a day

Zombies Graphics is To repetitive.

Rating:

9.2 Wonderful

Wow, this is a really great review. I wasn't expecting to get higher than Awesome. As I was reading I found my self saying "Hey, I did do that, didn't I?"; you noticed some things not even I had noticed, and I made it :biggrin_002: . I've just had a rather boring day at school and this has made my day. Thanks a heap. +Rep.

I like this idea. I think the forums should make you the reviewer and post your reviews on the front page. What do you guys think?

I think it's a good idea too. That way, there's more options instead of the standard screenshot.

My critique of your review:

you did well, but for the storypart, you didn't really say much about the story :P

Nice idea Omar. I think i will have you review mine as soon as i make some fixes.

You have inspired me to work on it more thanks :alright:.

You do an awesome job at reviewing.

Wow, this is a really great review. I wasn't expecting to get higher than Awesome. As I was reading I found my self saying "Hey, I did do that, didn't I?"; you noticed some things not even I had noticed, and I made it :biggrin_002: . I've just had a rather boring day at school and this has made my day. Thanks a heap. +Rep.

Keep Doing that Game It could get better

I think it's a good idea too. That way, there's more options instead of the standard screenshot.

Video Review? lol

My critique of your review:

you did well, but for the storypart, you didn't really say much about the story :P

It's Pretty Much Spoilers Play the game to know.

Nice idea Omar. I think i will have you review mine as soon as i make some fixes.

You have inspired me to work on it more thanks :alright:.

You do an awesome job at reviewing.

Just Doing my Job.

Code Geass: Painful Memories

RMVX

Broken Messiah

Strategic, Sim, RPG

706233223.png

Going to review your game.

BTW Kiriashi will be a review at some games and he will give me his review for sometimes im not on.

Game Demo Review For Code Grass V1 (Version One)

Name of the Game: Code Grass: Painful Memories

Engine: RPG Maker VX

Name Of the Autor: Broken Messiah

Genere: Strategic, Sim, RPG

So You want to Be unbored and try something new? you like RTP Games? Well Mate.

Try Code Grass Painful Memories.

Story: Well in the Start there is a Blackout Cutscene and a mother give birth to a baby,

You can choose the Gender and you choose your name for the story the main character's Name is Blair.

the story starts with Britannia The UK Renamed Area 11 that Invades Japan. And you Must Save japan

without dieing.

Graphics: To be Honest the Graphics Shine with colorful scenes it makes the game more

Intresting and Beutiful, the game has Very good Pictures and it's Drawn well

Credits to the Author it's just so Beutiful that The Game itself Is Introduced.

Even Though the Picture really makes the game a little slow and i know it's not

my computer.

Presentation:

The Game Has things you can do it really beutiful and it's doesn't disapoint

it really shines with the graphics and the Scene is Well Introduced too.

aldo there's some scenes i don't understand but i later re-played the game and i

understand more. the game has Dramatic Scenes and Suspention, you'll really really

want to know the Next Scene.

Mapping:

Mapping isn't Introduced until the ultamate battle and well it need work on some Levels

but that doesn't take away the fun there's Awsome Mapping too and i respect that because

mapping is just perfect in alot of places it really shines alot and it's just beutiful

i have notthing to type anymore.

Music:

The Music is really Nesesary for a game and it's really Good and it fits the music is just so

Beutiful it's Perfect for this game and it fits in every scene in every level in every parts of the game

I really like it the game is much more better with the music and every Place i go Music is there and it's

perfect

Scripts:

The Game is For Thinkers so if you don't like to think i recommand you to stay away from this game

it's a RPG RTP game and i enjoy RTPS and the battles are epic the A.I is Even Smart just perfect to think

it really perfect with a Cool Backgrounds and battles

Also Some Cool Mini Games Like a Dance Arcade i never had Dance Dance Revolution because i hate

dancing but it's pretty much ok on a rpg game the scripts are great and it makes the game Perfect.

Dialog:

Dialog in this game is Massive and it makes the Game more Darker and Serious the game is perfect

for the strong Story telling and the charcters always have something intresting to say your lelouch and

you can control people's mind and you can choose what's the destany of another charcter if you want to

kill someone or just trick someone just great the game never gets old.

PROS:

Strong Story Telling

Colorful Picture/Animations

alots of Events

Great A.I

Outstanding Mapping

OutStanding Charcters

Alot of Activitys

Great Battle A.I

CONS:

Long Cutscenes

Story can be a little Confusing

Some Gliches (PM me to tell you the gliches)

Some Unmatched Charcter faces.

Some Events repeats

Rating:

9.8 Extream!

Edited by Omar510

A very good review Omar

the review wants me to wait the 1hour or more i would need to download code geass

The only thing i found wrong were the spellings like geass was spelled grass and beautiful was spelled beutiful

But other than that :5:

A symbiotic relationship between reviewer and creator. I like this idea. I like it lots. Al'asuiaga'ta is a 1 hour game. Totally qualifies to be posted here, right? =D

Also, downloading the Geass game. :3

Edit: Whoops. I don't have VX. D=

Edited by ProjectTrinity

Sure Symphony, I'll review your game. Just make a formal post for it and I'll get to it.

Download Link: ....................Click Me

Name of the game: ...............Al'asuiaga'ta

Name of the Game Engine: ..RPG Maker XP

Name of the Author: .............Johnathan Johnson/ProjectTrinity

Genre:...................................RPG / Test

Comes out I've been too busy to even do something strictly for myself. D'= But it's here now!

What the heck? I'll give this a shot. Kiri has wanted me to finish my pursuit of a project I was working on, but I am uncertain if it is worth it. Maybe a not-so-bias review will perk me back up:

Name: Elements of Travance

Engine: RmXP

Author: Leon

Genre: RPG

No Cover art.

I will just add that Al'asuiaga'ta is freaking great! Best front view battle system I've seen and love the voices!

Thank you much. And I agree that it's among the best front battle systems I found. The only flaw about said system is that condition branches and common events take you out of the sub-menus during battle. Taking away the element of using different voice tracks during battle. ;_;

Thank you much. And I agree that it's among the best front battle systems I found. The only flaw about said system is that condition branches and common events take you out of the sub-menus during battle. Taking away the element of using different voice tracks during battle. ;_;

Maaaan! That game is sweeeet! You have to tell me, what battle system is that!? I find it addictive, you have to be on your toes at every turn, it takes away the borig part of RPG's and gives it an action feeling. Man I even died ten times in about 20 minutes and I still want to play it!![insert loud fangirl sqweee here]

And the voices, I love the voices! It is great a jump from all the other games I've played, are the voice actors friends of your's? or are they pro's?

Oh man I need another play in that, I tell you, it's addictive!!

(Sorry if I sound like drug usser there but really, it's awesome!)

Can anybody else tell me what system is that?

Edited by romeir90

header-small.png

I hope this isn't necroposting, but everyone should really try the game

Eternal Grace ! It is really good and has supurb graphics and music! The game is really challenging and fun and could eventually be something that you'd see commercially available!

I'd give it:

:5:

Downfall:

Controls can be wierd, but then most games made like that are that way, so maybe not.

PS: Just realized that Omar510 thought I mispelled Grass as Geass but it is in fact spelled Geass lol, funny scenario and understandable since E is next to R on the keyboard lol

Edited by Broken Messiah

Maaaan! That game is sweeeet! You have to tell me, what battle system is that!? I find it addictive, you have to be on your toes at every turn, it takes away the borig part of RPG's and gives it an action feeling. Man I even died ten times in about 20 minutes and I still want to play it!![insert loud fangirl sqweee here]

And the voices, I love the voices! It is great a jump from all the other games I've played, are the voice actors friends of your's? or are they pro's?

Oh man I need another play in that, I tell you, it's addictive!!

(Sorry if I sound like drug usser there but really, it's awesome!)

Can anybody else tell me what system is that?

1 Month late I am. lol

I'm not too sure on the name of the battle system, for it was Japanese, but I just call it the Cogwheel System. If you're still here, I could always give ya the script in case you don't know where to go on my actual game file. =p But glad you liked the speed! It is what kept me using the front view. ^_^

As for the voice actors, Tomoyo Ichijouji/Jasmin, Aziral/Kattis, Soldjango/Obbligato, TheShadowVoice/Pizzicato, and my sister/Vira are all friends (or family!) of mine. ^^ While Mewwinxmelody/Jessica and NikkiKora/Alana are those who were willing to help out. :3 And they all have a knack for acting, but none are "officially" pro. lol You can expect Tomoyo/Jasmin to stick around, however, since she's in pretty much all of my big productions due to her multi-talented and dedicated ways.

Oh I forgot about this. Wow so much games i'd missed and Kiriashi didn't review them either :(

I want to revive this topic, so generally i'm doing this again with or without Mark's permission.

this isn't for full games. Post your Demos here and if you've posted them then repost again.

I want to play a nice game for a while.

*Note

I do not have ACE so if your doing one on the engine please wait for a 3 day wait.

with or without Mark's permission.

You're not doing it without my permission. You have my implied permission until I say otherwise, which of course, I wouldn't. I didn't think I needed to say that but apparently I do since for some reason I cannot comprehend you decided to include that in your post.

Wow so much games i'd missed and Kiriashi didn't review them either :(

Kiriashi is gone. He doesn't commit to things.

Hey man, glad to know you're reviewing again :)

Game Name: Legacy

Game Engine: RPG Maker XP

Author: Me; Tomo2000.

Genre: Action/Post-Apocalyptic

your only fail is not having a Download link.

invaild review.

Oops, sorry man, I completely forgot xD Updated.