New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
CrimsonInferno

Music Creator Software?

I'm looking for music creation software. It can be anything as long as it has piano and violin with it. It can have techno with it, but I'd really like to use the basic instruments: piano, violen, guitar, flute and soft music instruments like that.....and if its easy to use and understand of course ^,^

Does anyone have any? I'm gonna have to create music for my game rather soon!

Well....thank you for reading ya'll! :D

*Huggles

FL Studio 9 is what The Perjurer is using on my side of compositions.

Based on some of the features, there are TONS I haven't covered/learned yet, but if you're more skilled than I, then, you'll find that the program does wonders.

Mario Paint :P and yeah I'd have to say FLStudio as well, i think there's a demo on the site

edit: yeah there is, FLS dl

Edited by madanchi

Does FLStudio include classic sounds? I like Techno and all, but does it also have the more "classic" approach with it? :P

I was trying not to spam this thread with my own examples here. =p

Classic is music box, piano, violin, guitar/e.guitar, and harp(?), right? They have those and many more. At least in my package. =D

Okay, you're being spammed by my own works. Shameless advertising? XD

All three are shallow workings of FL Studio 9, including the PT logo thingy. I'd imagine a skilled composer would do wonders with it. My FL Studio 9 came with loads of plugins, so I'm not sure if others will have the same thing. (Someone can confirm though)

Also, it does techno, but only if you wish. =p

Edited by ProjectTrinity

When I write and arrange music (classic or otherwise), I use Sibelius 6. It is quite good and powerful, and simple to use. The only downside is that the input system isn't piano roll, it is stave notation, and it isn't free.

Stave notation? Exactly what is that...? :P

Also, can GarageBand be used in Windows, or is it strictly a Mac thing?

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Here is an example of stave notation:

Wtk1-fugue2-page1-mm1-9.png

And it sounds like this (this section is the fugue which starts at 1:40):

There is an equivalent of Garbage band for Windows. 'Tis called http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/download.htm I am installing now to give you a (hopefully) positive review on it!

WARNING:Very long install.

Edited by Ecowolfsteen

That's what I've been hearing about it. But they also say its harder to use :o

I don't mind hardness, as long as its great software and works :)

There is an equivalent of Garbage band for Windows. 'Tis called http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/download.htm I am installing now to give you a (hopefully) positive review on it!

WARNING:Very long install.

I looked around and around, but isn't that program more of "putting sounds/clips together" and less of actually composing notes from (complete) scratch? Or am I missing something?

I looked around and around, but isn't that program more of "putting sounds/clips together" and less of actually composing notes from (complete) scratch? Or am I missing something?

Yup, tried it yesterday and today. Completely like that. It generates a song for you and you can't make it up by yourself. >.>

Yup, tried it yesterday and today. Completely like that. It generates a song for you and you can't make it up by yourself. >.>

I was afraid of that. Not...my...cup of tea. Backstory lol D=

I really like FL Studio, but I don't want to buy it until I know if I can input piano keys and other songs. The Demo doesn't allow me to do much :sweatdrop:

I'll have to research that for you. I have made all of my songs with a piano roll rather than a keyboard. Although I think I see/saw that option, it's best to be 200% sure, yes? xD If someone doesn't confirm it for me, I'll travel the nets and find out. =D

Yeah, I believe thats what he was looking for. I am now going to but Sibelius, thanks to Isaacsol. It is an amazing program for me, as I'm going to college for Music, and it helps soo much for composition.

Well, actually....I mean can a user of FL Studio, like Sibelius, use their keyboard to type in the notes? Like playing the piano really? :sweatdrop:

(Gosh, I suck at explaining myself lol)

^ Oh you~ =p

FL Studio (9) seems to allow you to use your computer keyboard to input/hear the instrument, but I don't know how to make said sounds "stick". Meaning you can hear what you're doing while you type, but I haven't figured out how or if you can keep what you press down on the keyboard. ...I'll check that out for you too~ lol

Hey there.

Whenit comes to music and composition, I prefer to use a combination of Sibelius and Magix music maker 17.

Magix music maker has a few midi files and has the capabilities to edit these loops to how you want them.

of course, if you want something completely original from scratch, and are feeling a little bit moer sophisticated,

Sibelius 6 is the way to go.

But personally, I prefer Magix Music Maker 17; only when you buy some extra sound packs though.

The "Moviescore" sound sets from 15, 16 and 17 are amazing and filled with violins, harps and pianos.

And the Chillout sound pack includes a lot of acoutsic guitar loops that work well as ambient music.

Finally, if you need a good heavy guitar, it's there in both the Breakbeat and Alternate Rock sound packs.

These are all included with MAGIX Music Maker 17 . . .

Any way, that's enough from me.

-Grimm