New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
laansolo

Wondering about starting a forum project...?

I was just wondering of ot would be at all possible and if so how we would get it together. I don't think that I have ever seen a forum project. It also might help those who are lurkers might feel more obliged to communicate if we invite them to do this. I also think with the wide aray of talents from eventers, graphics people, writers, and scripters, we would be able to make a game worthy of commerciality. A few problems witrh that tho:

1. Scripters on this site cant do battle systems. As stated by Leon or Broken Messiah or Enigma.

2. The problem of swapping resources to each oher. But if we know each others E-Mails, then that shouldnt be a big one.

3. A lot of people would be time limited, with school or work.

But i personally still beleive that we can do this. And if we can, Marked should be the concept leader since he is, you know, the Admin. OIr someone who, if marked decides not to, we vote on.

Thank You for reading this post. And for the time you have given me.

link for the sign up here.

The sky is never the limit!

-laansolo

Edited by laansolo

yeah I agree this does sound interesting, could be quite fun as well the whole forum building a game together

I'd have to take a pass for two main reasons. But for the sake of unity in general, I'll just cheer you all on if you decide to do this and state one reason why I can't help:

-ProjectTrinity is a busy group, yo. ' -'

Commercial Games are a hassle, most games never get off the ground simply due to funding

I thought about it for 30 seconds and came up with a feasible Idea organizing it right

MATERIALS

FTP Host: allows multiple collaborative hosts with admins and the like, or we will all use the same user name and pass for a free account(no uploading non game related items, this ftp account is only for game development)

Chat: For real time communication

A topic: This one should work

POSITIONS

(assuming we are doing RMXP game)

Organizer(1 person):

requirements: Active(must pass job to another when on hiatus), Extensive Knowledge of RMXP

Is responsible for having the actual game on their computer, at least in all parts

Organizer needs to be active and have back up the game online weekly, the actual game project. The Organizer is also responsible for the FTP host, which can be free.

The Organizer simply downloads the uploaded files maps etc, and pastes them in the correct directory.

Resource Gatherer(unlimited):

Gathers game resources and uploads it to resource folder in ftp host(must be relevant)

Credit Manager(1-2)

Responsible for keeping credit of all work and resources

Mapper(1-5)

requirements: Mapping Skills

Essentially since people have different mapping styles each mapper will do different types of maps on their own computer and upload it

Story Creator (1-4)

Responsible for creating the story for the game

Story Manager (1)

Compiles and completes the story, fills plot holes also assign mapping tasks and eventing task

Dialogue Creator(1-2)

Creates Dialogue in game

Game Design Story Manager (1)

Focus on story with game play in mind assigns scripting tasks

Eventers(1-10)

Each eventer will work on a specific task One eventer per map at a time

procedure:

Eventer assigned to task

Eventer will download the UPDATED game from the Organizer (which contains all variable/ switch/ database info)

create event (USE COMMENTS)

After finishing the eventer will post it up on the ftp and the Main Eventer will compile it and send it to the Organizer

Main Eventer (1)

Standardizes all event code, debugs events, system wide event code

Scripters(1-3)

works with game dev story manager to put scripts in

Main Scripter(1)

Kinda self explanatory

cok

*note this is only a rough draft, I'll post with the complete details later today

Edited by Enigma

In order for you to go commercial, you'll need custom resources, not gathered ones. i wouldnt personally pay for a game with the default rtp graphics.

I am interest.

Proceed.

I could totally get into that kind of a project. It'd be fun to see just how well it comes out, or if we even finish.

EDIT: After reading Enigmas post, I could see myself being a Mapper, Eventer, Main Eventer, or Organizer. Again, I'm a freelancer, so I'm well rounded.

Edited by Free To Play

Well, it appears I have quite a bit of backing on this. We just need to get it all together. But first, we will need to wait a while to get the idea to sink in to the other members... Then we can give it a go.

It'd be great... Also, opening a new topic for signing on to it. Thank you for posting or reading this topic.

I'm game for being a dialogue writer. I could also whip up a few resources if you'd like. I'll put up some of my work in the gallery.

Sorry, i just failed when I posted this. :sweatdrop:

There is a link to sign-up at the top of the list.

Edited by laansolo

Sign in to follow this