New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Enigma

Character Development INDEX

From now on all Character Development Discussions go here

If you wish to add a character to the game feel free to post it here

Please use the following format and complete as much as you can:

Name:

Importance:

Background:

Role:Bad/Good/Neutral/Both

dislikes:

Hobbies:

Skills:

Class and Weapon abilities:

Histories:

Friends:

Enemies:

Extra Info:

I will be merging all Character Development posts into this topic and provide links to each post here so please check the first post of this topic often

Lastly if you wish to take ownership of a character meaning that you will be responsible for further development, design, and or dialogue Please post it here

Click character or character name to go to development

Current Characters
ekjpg6.png

Mono

5d20250.png 2f10444.png

Signa

tek55c3935.png

Sam

5b59432.png

Kuro

db5d891.png

Shiro

tekfa66418.png

Aelaana

tek2f19456.png

Raiga

tek55c3935.png

Miles

tek55c3935.png

Astareal

Flesh out these two characters

099b436.png5b59432.png

Shiro and Kuro (Twins)

Intial Personality: (Shiro)Talkative/Cheerful (Kuro)Soft Spoken/Reserved

These twins attended the academy at the same time as Mono, they can be allies, enemies, or both. Please Discuss and add to these characters descriptions such as:

dislikes

Hobbies

Skills

Class and Weapon abilities

Histories

Friends

etc.

I reckon their weapons should be bladed fans, and Shiro should be an ally and Kuro an enemy. As for class, a dancer maybe?

The two often disagree with each other, which causes them to take opposite sides. Shiro found a fondness towards Mono (either love or friendship, doesn't really matter), and Kuro got jealous, leading to the anger towards the two of them.

Edited by Midnite Reaper

Sure, Signa would probably be more so than Mono though

~~~

Forum Project will be starting up again Late May Early June, due to requests to postpone it do to school and stuff

Expect to Hit the ground running May 27 - June 3rd

Finally! this will give me something to do during the summer so i'm not bored all the time

this is my main summer thing. I may not have been here the past few months, but I will do this.

Since Mono Graduated I think their should be a Valedictorian of His/Her class

that is as far as I've thought so I want to initiate a discussion on the development of this character

Name:Emily Ann Coons ( =D) I'm kidding, yah I have no idea.....Kiriashi?

Sex

Importance:Important

Background

Role:Bad/Good/Neutral/Both

dislikes

Hobbies

Skills

Class and Weapon abilities

Histories

Friends

Orientation

4th wall breaker?

Combo Breaker?

ok I think i should stop now

etc.

Oh and physical description :tektek image is fine please save it under forumproject

Edited by Enigma

Disclaimer: You do not have to be part of the team to give input, as long as you can type in semi-coherent English and can press the post button

What are 4th wall breaker and code breaker?

Edited by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Name: Aelaana

Sex: Female

Importance: Main Character's friend

Background: She once was a small farmer girl, but her family was killed in a raid (IDK by what). she was adopted by a selfless noble, who sent her to this school, where she quickly became good friends with Mono.

Role: Tends to be good, but occasionally makes a wrong decision.

Likes: Mono, Espira, Water, Boats, Cotton Candy, Her Sword "Axsrazta"

dislikes: Sam, guns, the ones who killed her family, fire, squirrels (IDK why, just giving her color. she may be the comedy releif)

Hobbies: Wood Cutting, Sword Fighting, being Mono's "personal bodyguard" (thinks Mono can't take care of him/herself)

Skills: Sword stuff, can also use bows, Water magic(or whatever it's called :P )

-Class: Sakura (japanese Female Samurai)

-Weapons: Swords & Bows

Histories: Her family was killed, she was raised by the noble, she learned she was an excellent sword-fighter, good bow user soon after, went to the Academy, met Mono, trains/learns/lives next however many years. finds a pet dog. 1st Espira appears.

Friends: Mono, Signa

Orientation: Bisexual. Makes it kinda like a love interest, I guess, no matter the gender.

img:

tekdd2d219.png

breaking the fourth wall refers to when a character realizes they are in a fiction and makes fun of the fact breaking the wall between reality and fiction

For example

on marvel vs capcom Deadpool breaks the fourth wall in a variety of ways

His taunts include: Taunt Button, and This is My Taunt (making fun of taunt in fighting games)

then when he uses x factor he yells out "Anime Power up Time"

finally when u win as deadpool he will literally call out the player saying "Hey, yah you I'm down here bustin my ass while u sit on yours watching me jump around? how is that fair?

he also has an attack where he hits you with your own hp bar lol

A combo breaker is a character that defies conventional norms

btw I like this character a lot, i think it would be good if she break the forth wall cause those are rare in games especially rpgs

Are we adding forum members as characters or making up random characters? I am still confused. :unsure:

Are we adding forum members as characters or making up random characters? I am still confused. :unsure:

No the names were jokes lol, we are making characters for the forum project game

so, Enigma, you liek my character? i like her too, she seems a nice, fun, 4th wall braking character.

"What's the point of going through the game if we're going to win anyway?" could be one of the quotes.

at endgame:

"See? Told you we would win."

My version of Aelaana

tekfa66418.png

With bow and Axsrazta (I made similar to katana but i would change the blade to blue in spriting)

I gave her a long sword so she could seem as boss like as sephiroth

In fact she could say something like

"I told them I wanted it like Sephiroth's, but they had no idea why I was talking about. I'd rather play FF7 than this game."

lol

I made as a counter to Aelaana

Name: Raiga

Sex: Male

Personality: Rude/AntiSocial/ Cocky, Think Vegeta, semi offensive sexist, and forceful

Importance: Semi

Background:Trained to be a fighter since birth, he went to Yoreal to become the strongest. Unfortunately, Aelaana is the Valedictorian and barely beat him in ranking. He is the number 2 of the school, the salutatorian.

Role: Wild Card, He does whatever he wants. Despite his appearance he is extremely intelligent

dislikes: Sam, Aelaana, Mono, his father

Hobbies: Fighting, Fighting, Reading, Eating, Fighting, and Training for fighting

Skills: Although he is a boxer he is proficient with a variety of weapons. He has few attack spells but many special techniques

-Class: Fighter/Boxer

-Weapons: Fists, Exlica(Gauntlet

Histories: He used to be in a relationship with Aelaana till she became attached to Mono

Friends: n/a

Orientation: Straight, only evidence of romantic relationship was briefly with Aelaana

tek2f19456.png

i approve. great counter to Aelaana.

then we could also make a LOT of bad stuff happen to that character, well, not exactly bad, but, like, constantly getting jumped by monsters, and just plain having bad luck, you know?

LAANSOLO HAS AN

IDEA!!!

what if, when we work on the dialog, each member working on the game chooses one character and does the dialog for that character, but the people assigned to do dialog work on the boss characters, Mono, citizen-people, monsters, things like that? it won't get as monotonous, seeing as the dialog would be from more than a few people, giving the playable characters, and some unplayable (Aelaana, Raiga [unless they are playable]), a bit of color, but they'd have to stay strictly to the characters personality.

Edited by laansolo

I can make a sprite of this, whats with the shadow thing ?

Shadow thing would be like one of his skills

there HAS to be a jerk huh?

Yes, :3 , Aelanna has a thing for bad boys :shifty:

i approve. great counter to Aelaana.

then we could also make a LOT of bad stuff happen to that character, well, not exactly bad, but, like, constantly getting jumped by monsters, and just plain having bad luck, you know?

LAANSOLO HAS AN

IDEA!!!

what if, when we work on the dialog, each member working on the game chooses one character and does the dialog for that character, but the people assigned to do dialog work on the boss characters, Mono, citizen-people, monsters, things like that? it won't get as monotonous, seeing as the dialog would be from more than a few people, giving the playable characters, and some unplayable (Aelaana, Raiga [unless they are playable]), a bit of color, but they'd have to stay strictly to the characters personality.

I agree, Also I was thinking that if we had a party system, Raiga and Aelaana could be avaliable party members, then again who would want Raiga in their party :shifty:

who would want Raiga in their party :shifty:

he is the second of his class. so, he must be strong.

edit:

there MUST be a party system!

Edited by laansolo

if you need voices I can do one for ya.

Ive read some of this and it sound interesting.

if you need voices I can do one for ya.

Ive read some of this and it sound interesting.

That would make you a Gatherer

Btw. If anyone is wondering you can be more than one class. I just grouped the tasks that are most similar together

That would make you a Gatherer

Btw. If anyone is wondering you can be more than one class. I just grouped the tasks that are most similar together

heheh

Just message me whenever you need something kays

if you vote yes on voice actpors Ill be Signa.

She looks like my voice would fit her

Edited by Rose

I think it would be best if the forum members were the actual characters in the story. It would make the game unique.

I think it would be best if the forum members were the actual characters in the story. It would make the game unique.

Well the story was established since January however Forum Members can Cameo,

But they would have to submit there own character description and sprite as a character