New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
kellessdee

Mini-games pack?

hahaha oops! lmao well I will be sure to include it :) I am glad there is no lag then, that means I can continue in the same way I've been going. Only 8 more enemy patterns to come up with XD

@LNER fan yeah man of course you can send it off :) and oh yeah do you still need it set up to read the switch to see if you get game over or not?

Yes. I'd like that system set up please. Once you have that system set up, you can just PM both of us the link.

cool I will fix that up! Also, do you want sound effects programmed into it as well? I could easily code them in and add configuration settings so you could specify the filename used.

cool I will fix that up! Also, do you want sound effects programmed into it as well? I could easily code them in and add configuration settings so you could specify the filename used.

Sure! a way to put in sound effects would be great!

perfect, I will code sound effects for healing items, hitting obstacles, losing, winning, and during the countdown. Then if you don't want any sound effects you can just set the sound to ''

the driving game, which essentially is complete. I just need to add in the ability to cause a loss to trigger game over and implement sound effects I will probably just post it in this topic when I am finished so if anyone would like to use it they can :P

Thank you! I am assuming that it doesn't seem to be causing any lag issues? Perfect! My finals will all be finished early next week, then I get a week off or so, although I will be starting a new job I think you guys should be able to expect a finished(well, "beta" test i guess, just in case there may be bugs, etc..) galaga script

SORRY for double post, BUT I edited my first post the Driving game has been completed! (I am pretty sure this should be final)

I need to fix it up though to include better instructions, but I am tired as hell, so I will do so tomorrow.

Sweet! I am glad you like it. I am assuming then the instructions weren't that difficult to follow? Either way I will probably fix them up it isn't as descriptive as I wanted it to be, but at the time my brain wasn't working the way I wanted it to either.

The driving mini-game and galaga will be released. I am not going to be finishing this pack, well not at this point maybe i will continue it in the future. However you can request a script if you want, but I can't make any promises on when it will get done.

But you can still suggest one if you'd like

Oh okay then :biggrin_002:

If you want I'll requesting the guitar hero script again. But if you don't want to make it it's okay

YESSSSSS to the guitar hero one, but what buttons would you use? How would you make charts?

Maybe we can make the button by ourselves. Chart? You mean like in the original Guitar Hero. I would like to have a chart but I'm not a script master :sweatdrop: (or If I could say the only programming language I mastered is just Phyton which used in Ren'Py)

If I get around to it, it is definitely possible that I create it...I just don't want to make any promises as I hate to disappoint. But I'd like to enforce the idea (in maybe anyone thought otherwise) that if anyone feels they would like to make any of the mini-game requests themselves, they can go right ahead. I don't claim any kind of ownership of this project (not like I really do with any of my projects). Maybe we could even make this a more group-oriented kind of project, and anyone who feels that they would like to create some mini-games for people, I encourage them to do so.

But also, if you are quite fluent in python and wish to get into Rpg maker, I suggest looking into learning ruby. I started learning python a little while ago, but gave up as I had more experience in rpg maker to begin with and since I am currently in school, I felt the best way to fulfill my passion for game design would be to stick with what I already know. But what I was trying to say before getting side-tracked was the I found python to have very similar syntax to ruby. I am not sure of how similar they are but I think you would probably have an easy time transitioning to ruby, and then you would only need to learn the libraries and how they work; and I could imagine you wouldn't have to hard of a time being more adept of a scripter. Just a suggestion, if you were interested in learning rmxp's scripting side.

You have to extract the files from the rar. rars are compressed folders. I suggest downloading 7zip (free) or Winrar (free, but pretends to not be) to open it.