New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

I think RMXPU should have a mascot.

I kind of like the tiki idea and having 2 of them, like the screenie below (which of course we can't use because its someone elses work).

Post your RMXPU mascot ideas :D

mascot_concept.png

shot_1296238856.png

ZOMFG YES mascot's RULE. I think a cat, like the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland. is he protected by copyright laws?

1091598878_shirepoint.gif

Actually the disney one is probably copyrighted but doesn't he look so insanely friendly yet oddly helpful :3

Although I kinda like the twin-tiki mascot...If you could get someone to make cool tiki people it would be pretty awesome.

I will post more ideas as the come to me

I like that first robot concept better. Perhaps something that looks like it came from the RTP of an RPGmaker? How about an Expy of Fighter01 from RPGmaker XP?

That actually makes perfect sense...it's marked, its the all-seeing-techno-rmxpu-eye.

Although maybe we should make a cuter version, I imagine the rmxunlimited mascot being cute.

maybe something like this but with legs and arms? (and less drug-inspired...unless you guys are down with that)

dxmEyecon.png

Lol. I actually like the style, the thick outline.

I've had the same avatar for 5 years. Did you guys know there's a sister...

4952049.gif?braintronics_rotating_lg_wm

To be honest, I think in the start I was going for that whole avatar symbolizing the site kind of thing. That's because I was copying Creation Asylum, the admins avatar is the sites favicon (icon you see when you bookmark a site). But like I said, only in the beginning. It would feel wrong to change it now though.

I like them too, there are a bunch; they are kinda like mascot's for this group that was created to promote safe drug use in Toronto (it may be elsewhere in the world too, but I think it's canadian-based anyways) there is one for each type of drug.

My art skillz aren't the greatest (I more dabble in the abstract) but maybe I will try and do a quick ms painting of what I was thinking...It wouldn't be so tripped out and probably have a body and stuffz so it would look more like a little cute alien than anything.

Chocobos are cute too :D

And I know my ms paint drawing is kinda bad...but i think a good graphic artist could get the concept and create something awesome

I call it the RMAlien from Planet XP-VX-Unlimited

[/loser]

EDIT: LOL HE HAS NO NECK heehee he/she/it probably should have some kind of neck

post-18872-0-04319400-1303215363_thumb.png

Edited by kellessdee

toonami?? *googles* Hehe I love google. I am glad it isn't something right out of toonami (i see the resemblance though)

But I actually based it off that "eye"con (that's what the website i got it from calls them) i posted earlier, except I gave it a body and made it look like it wasn't flying on psychedelics.

I don't think the mascot should resemble Marked's AVI at all. Sorry, but, yeah. I personally believe it should have to do with the game engines we use, such as Fighter-01 or something. In this way, we are not basing anyone higher than someone else, even though Marked is admin.

Lol. I actually like the style, the thick outline.

I've had the same avatar for 5 years. Did you guys know there's a sister...

4952049.gif?braintronics_rotating_lg_wm

To be honest, I think in the start I was going for that whole avatar symbolizing the site kind of thing. That's because I was copying Creation Asylum, the admins avatar is the sites favicon (icon you see when you bookmark a site). But like I said, only in the beginning. It would feel wrong to change it now though.

the image is broken

Chocobos are cute too :D

And I know my ms paint drawing is kinda bad...but i think a good graphic artist could get the concept and create something awesome

I call it the RMAlien from Planet XP-VX-Unlimited

[/loser]

EDIT: LOL HE HAS NO NECK heehee he/she/it probably should have some kind of neck

he shouldn't have a body, but no neck is fine. just arms and legs coming out of a head

Here's one that builds on that idea (of course someone else's work)

I like that one or a chibi version of fighter 2 ( because fighter 2-s color scheme matches the forum)

Ok here's how its gona do down...

This guys face and hover circles

mascotconcept.png

+

This guys body and less dodgy shaped head

robotmascot.jpg

+

This guys illustration style

codemonkey.png

=

???

I shall install flash one of these days and attempt this. Since it hovers, I'm thinking hover animation. Here's an idea, a 2 frame animated gif that shows the rings move only, then use jquery to hover it. That'll work.

I love what you have so far,

the robotic theme seems to be working really well. I read this thread the other day and since I am new here I did not have any input. However I started thinking what a good idea it would be to have a community project. Something the entire RMXPU community collaborates on, lead by one or many of the staff. I thought about proposing this idea, but it would obviously need a project lead to start, and for fear of being suggested as the lead itself and the idea fading away unless I took the role I did not suggest it due to my lack of free time. Then I got to thinking about the mascot and it hit me.

Why not have this mascot be the basis for an RMXPU game? It wouldnt have to be an RPG, it could really be any type of game on any of the platforms this site supports, although in my humble opinion I think an RPG on RMXP would be the best start. You could always make that character have a multitude of game types released in the future IE platformer, action, etc.

From looking around the site I have seen what seem to be truly talented people with dedication and the strive to help others. That is the reason why I choose this site as my community for RMXP. I genuinely think this would be a great opportunity for the community here to work together on a project that in essence will advertise the website and the community as a whole.

I read the 'April fools' thread and it had mentioned that although it was a joke post the stats of the declination of activity on the site were in fact true. I believe that creating a game made by this site would be an excellent way to advertise for the site itself. You would be able to create project threads on all the other competing sites without feeling shifty(I assume you would post once a demo is available).

This would sort of be a vanity piece but more of a show of work, for how awesome this site is and its community, like a game made by game makers for game makers. You would want to pull out all the stops and use every trick in the communities arsenal to make this game a hit. It wouldn't even have to be a long game, just a well made game with impressive story, spriting and mapping and scripting etc.

Anyhow, just thought I would share my idea, hope ya like it.

-Jon bon

I really like your idea of the main character being the mascot. The game would kinda symbolize the site, every fan of the game would have a pre-existing perception of what the site can offer upon seeing the mascot. The main character of an RPG would definitely make a good, appropriate mascot.

However, the idea of a community project intimidates beyond even trying to attempt it. I expressed this in the recent community project topic and didn't go about it the wrong way, and put down the members when I shouldn't have. But maybe this is an opportunity to explain myself.

Currently there is a forum hidden away called 'RMXP Unlimited Productions' created by our former root admin, Emily Konochi (who i know for a fact would be willing to come back from the dead to help with this), which contains an archive of our past work on a community project. So I have a little experience with a community project to begin with.

Firstly, there needs to be a leader of the project. People always give up, done fulfill their tasks, are assigned too much work, etc. The guy at the top of the hierarchy needs to, in my opinion, be someone 'special'. The leader needs to have a way with words and members, the team should therefore have confidence in their leader and talk to them about any issues they have. On this forum, I would say (from what I've seen so far) kellessdee could do the job (which is why he was promoted) or Kiriashi. Kiriashi pretty much reckons he owns this forum and certainly has the confidence of the members. Talent isn't really a problem. We have Leon who I also think would come back from the dead to help script, and that kid's got talent. But spriting I have an issue with. Ok spriting takes a long time, its therefore a huge investment, and completely custom sprities is just a massive ask. If you leader is demanding that, then in my opinion thats wrong, he needs to allow filler sprites to take the pressure off the spriters. The spriting workload needs to be shared among several very dedicated members. Lack of sprites can kill a project pretty quick. The last thing I'll add is dedication. The leader obviously cannot really disappear from the internet for months at a time. But the members need to commit also. Most of us have school and periods of no time at all or too much time, but your team members have to stick around. Which won't be a problem so long as all is good within management.

The more I think about this the more I want to set it up. Which is a dangerous thought to entertain. It also just turned friday 13th D: Currently activity is in a glorious slump, but if we can get some old members back then there's a chance. I can think of about 5 or 6 members who should definitely be on the team...

This guys illustration style

codemonkey.png

=

???

[/center]

I actually like this guy! You should make a poll to allow the members to decide!

Yeah I would need to get permission first of all from the guy who made that. I'll try and do the robot idea myself (or find an artist willing to help out) and then we should vote, and if the monkey wins then I'd ask for permission to use it.

Hello I thought I would do my own for a test to myself, in 10 minutes I was able to produce 2 very rough ideas

I don't mind if no one likes it or don't think it suits rmxpu, but I'd at least like some feedback :)

colour (bold silhouette-esc style, similar to the monkeys style but more simplistic), cleaner lines will be done if people kind of like it

guycopy.png

oh and this I have no idea why but when drawing it somehow turned into a wierd version of Kirby

kirbyishmascotcopy.png

If someone draws out something nice, I can go into Illustrator and make it... or something, lol