New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Gergoth

Different Races

Question

Is it possible to create multiple races for the player to choose but they all have different stats?

10 answers to this question

Are you only making one character that can have different races? The easiest way would to be to make a duplicate of the character for each race the player can choose. That way you can set the individual stats for each race...as well as graphic and skills if you'd like.

Then just have the player choose their race and add the corresponding character.

So do I make different Actors? How do you let the player choose/switch actors?

And I was also wondering is there a script for a different bag system? Something like the bag system you see in most MMORPGs like Runescape, etc.

That would be the ideal way, that way you can easily set the stats and what not.

For selecting characters you could either do a choice, which may not look so nice. Or you could use a script.

There may be some bag systems around...I'm not 100% if there is something you are looking for.

If you need these made for you, you could always request them. *hint* *hint* In fact, I could probably whip something up for you...I am currently working on a script for some one else so you may have to wait a bit. But in the meantime maybe if you request it someone else could help ya out; if not once I get around to it I can help.

Hehe thanks for the tip ^^ I would love if you could help me script it :)I don't mind waiting, because I'm not in serious need of that script, it would just be a cool addition to my game.

Also, is there a change actor event command? I can't seem to find it...I have terrible observation skills.

Edited by Gergoth

No problem; I'll send you a PM once I can start on your script.

and LOL I went to look for the command and it took me a little while to find it XD its on the first page, right hand side about half way down (end of first "group") its called "Change Party Member"

you can add or remove, and the "initialize" check mark will cause that actor to start off with the beginning level + stats

(which is more for actors that you have removed and are re-adding...you can keep their old stats or start with new stats)

Woah! Thanks! I have a question though, what exactly are stat bonuses? Do they affect the curve of a stat when you level up?

from my understanding it is simply a stat modifier...so for example if the base stat is 10 and the bonus is 5 and say level 1 is 10, level 2 is 15 it will be 15 for level 1 and 20 for level 2.

i could be wrong though

Ah I understand now ^^ Thanks :D It was just what I was looking for, making good parameters on RMXP is hard lol.

Edited by Gergoth