New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
diagostimo

help with mr mos abs

Question

hi, what i want to know is if i can control an event on the death of a enemy event so i can delete it or activate a door to open.

10 answers to this question

Well I've never tried this before, but I'm assuming its all bout the triggers.

Try setting the trigger comment to "Trigger 1 [switch ID]" and then set the closed "Door" to switch to a "Open Door" event when switch [switch ID] is on.

Edited by Gergoth

i sorted it i wasnt putting in the trigger 1 part lols, but looking at the trigger guide in the help file soon sorted that :)

yo dude i have a problem and aint been able to solve it, i have a load of body pieces on an alien that you have to kill in order to unlock a passage leading to prize ect, so i have my abs trigger set to 3 1 to activate self switch a on them all, then on the second event for each i have them to turn switches on to move boulders that allow you to advance through the passage, but with this extra event slot on the event the graphic is hanging on some but not all and this makes it so i cant shoot through it, which is a big problem as some other targets are set behind the events, but i dont see why as all the events are the same, i did set it to delete the event after the switch has become active but same happened and also did set them to auto run no luck, have tried several things, heres a direct link to a copy of the map, be sure to change enemy graphics to true, you will start with max health and damage but your health will drop after lvl up.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HKW1OPHK

p.s if erase event is on then you can shoot through it but still sometimes hangs

Edited by diagostimo

i set the events to activate the rocks directly and deleted the events second pages, no luck the rocks work fine its just the graphics ...

Can you re-upload your file onto another file hosting site? Megaupload is always unfriendly to anyone not in the US :(

ps if you go to the space map you will see why i need the enemy to keep its range from me like i mentioned in a previous post