New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon324

My maps

Some maps I Have made to try and improve tell me what you all think.

post-18360-0-16627400-1305397855_thumb.png

post-18360-0-91422800-1305397879_thumb.png

I noticed one mistake with the mountain and that's the one cliff looks a little weird but I really wanted the opinion of you guys

~Thanks.

personally i like them. i would like to see them ingame though, to see what kind of atmosphere they have.

other than that, you could possibly add more depth to them.

also, on the marsh one, i believe you used the wrong directional board flooring.

*cough*im also looking for a mapper*cough*

The waterfall looks awkward. The small pond cannot make a waterfall. I suggest you create a river.

I think they're good (:

On the top map (Foresty-marsh thing) the tree in the bottom corner is being overlapped by the treetop tile and that makes it look a little strange. The tree trunks on the top look a little weird as well, but it would look weirder without them.

And on the mountain, you've missed out a few corners (Don't know if you noticed that), the undulation tile overlaps the edge a tiny bit on the right. And just what Rated said... a pond can't make a waterfall that big xD

But on the whole they're really good :alright:

EDIT: Rated, you also just taught me how to spell Awkward. All this time I was screwing at spell check because I was spelling it with a Q :sweatdrop: Yes. I am rather stupid sometimes xD

Edited by Tenoukii

personally i like them. i would like to see them ingame though, to see what kind of atmosphere they have.

other than that, you could possibly add more depth to them.

also, on the marsh one, i believe you used the wrong directional board flooring.

*cough*im also looking for a mapper*cough*

Yea they will turn into in game maps eventually I just want some critique on some random maps I make then some in game ones. So I will update this with more maps later. If you need a mapper I would be happy to help it could give me some experience.

The waterfall looks awkward. The small pond cannot make a waterfall. I suggest you create a river.

Yea that's what I thought too after I took the screenshot I"m going to add it all the way across to make it look like it goes onto the another map and then just add a bridge.

Some maps I Have made to try and improve tell me what you all think.

post-18360-0-16627400-1305397855_thumb.png

post-18360-0-91422800-1305397879_thumb.png

I noticed one mistake with the mountain and that's the one cliff looks a little weird but I really wanted the opinion of you guys

~Thanks.

The cliff face does look sorta strange same with the pile of rocks by the pond (unless this is supposed to stand out).

post-16922-0-87262500-1305400023_thumb.jpg

This is a map of an in game castle that I'm going to use.

Look below.

Edited by Dragon324

The desert looks good. However, the castle looks weird. It looks weird because of the front looks like it is sticking out and the rest of it is behind it. It looks like there should be some roof on the part that is sticking out.

The desert looks good. However, the castle looks weird. It looks weird because of the front looks like it is sticking out and the rest of it is behind it. It looks like there should be some roof on the part that is sticking out.

Look below. Had to delete picture due to upload limit.

Edited by Dragon324

I really believe so... although, the flags look weird like that '-' They weren't made to be like that on a simple wall, they just work in the connection between the roof and the wall xD

everything else is just cool for me (:

Btw, I loved the desert one *-*

nice fix to the castle map :) and I like your desert map, very nice, maybe only have 2 skeletons rather than 4, 4 may look too much

your doing good :alright:

desertr.png

Dont know why but that piece just looks so out of place.

athriumcastle.png

That border looks so odd. If you look at it for a bit you will see what i mean.

desertr.png

Dont know why but that piece just looks so out of place.

athriumcastle.png

That border looks so odd. If you look at it for a bit you will see what i mean.

Look below

Edited by Dragon324

Look below. Had to delete picture due to upload limit.

It looks much better. I agree with Pol about the boarders. If I were you I would add a top tile that the player cannot walk on.

It looks much better. I agree with Pol about the boarders. If I were you I would add a top tile that the player cannot walk on.

I agree the borders look a lot better with that piece rather than nothing and in my opinion it looks even better than the flowers nice catch guys Thanks.

post-18360-0-96811900-1305567950_thumb.png

Edited by Dragon324

i would test your desert map, by the looks of the tile arangement i dont think your player will be able to move between the two cliff faces that meet, unless of course your not aiming for this

i would test your desert map, by the looks of the tile arangement i dont think your player will be able to move between the two cliff faces that meet, unless of course your not aiming for this

post-18360-0-72880000-1305928511_thumb.png

speaking of RMXP experience...you're maps right now are mediocre, i recommend watching some youtube tutorials by Willowsidhe, that is how i learned to map in RMXP. You're maps aren't bad at all, you just have to learn the generals in each map, such as forest, you should focus on adding the type of atmosphere you want, such as a dark forest, whom is supposed to look gloomy, should have some old flowers (which adds that "this forest is dead" feeling).

just continue, you will be an awesome mapper in just a matter of time :D

you dont seem to really have the hang of "layering" if you have used up all your layers, yet still need to put things down, I woulf recommend using events as top layers. I'll post what I mean later, when Im on my computer.

you dont seem to really have the hang of "layering" if you have used up all your layers, yet still need to put things down, I woulf recommend using events as top layers. I'll post what I mean later, when Im on my computer.

I do know what you mean however I did not feel it was necessary because I had put down everything I wanted.

yes, but it doesn't look all that great, it needs a bit more smoothness. it's too choppy.

yes, but it doesn't look all that great, it needs a bit more smoothness. it's too choppy.

Could you try to explain more? Choppy is such a vague term and could mean lots of things.

Mountain Side Pathway mountainy.png Opinions? I know I missed that 1 rock and the trees are missing some parts cuz they r on the event layer.

looks good , exept for the little hill :P looks a little wierd thats all :D but overall very nice =)

The new maps looks pretty good. Add a few objects and flowers and you're be good to go.