New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Ragnyrok

Eterna Legacies: The Green Cloak

greencloaklogo.png

Introduction

2 Decades ago, a Dark Essence now called The Scourge swept through the land bringing havoc everywhere it went.

Ever since then, the Empire of Eterna, has suffered through an ongoing world with the Darklings that The Scourge brought with it.

Eterna Legacy takes place in a Land called Eterna.

More specifically, the Northern tip of Eterna... The Bluecrest Province.

You start the game in Greenthorn as an Adventurer who was mugged, in Driftwood Cavern by a group of local bandits called Green Cloak. Your path will lead you to the demise of Green Cloak at your own hands.

Downloads

Controls

Z - Accept

X - Cancel/Quit

F5 - Items

F6 - Skills/Spells

F7 - Gear

F8 - Character Screen

F9 - Save

J - Status

H - Hotkey Menu

Character Creation

When you start Eterna Legacy, you will be asked about three different things.

Your Profession, Favorite Attribute, and your God.

For your Profession, you get +8 to the Governed Attribute.

For your Favorite Attribute, you get +5.

For your God, you get +3.

• Your Profession - Mercenary(Str), Military(End), Scholar(Int), Vagabond(Dex)
  • Your Favorite Attribute - Strength, Endurance, Intellect, Dexterity
  • Your God - Danlok the God of War(Str), Kamilla the Goddess of Protection(End), Arkanis the God of Arcane Arts(Int), Ruzella the Goddess of Civility(Dex)

Professions:

Mercenary

*High Strength

*Can wield Swords and Cesti

Military

*High Endurance

*Can wield Swords and Spears

Scholar

*High Intellect

*Can wield Staves and Spears

Vagabond

*High Dexterity

*Can wield Swords and Cesti

Stats:

• Strength
  • Endurance
  • Intellect
  • Dexterity

Skills:

Once you speak with the Guardian Captain, Lavant, you will get to choose a Skill Set.

You can pick one Skill from both Sets to start with.

First Set:

• Cross Slash - Combo Attack
  • Quick Attack - Attack w/ High Initiative
  • Brazen - Increases Strength
  • Braver - Increases Endurance

Second Set:

• Haste - Increases Dexterity
  • Minor Heal - Heals HP
  • Ivy - Poison Magic Attack
  • Fireball - Fire Magic Attack

There is an NPC named Luceid in Greenthorn who has a Quest and a new Skill or Spell for you to learn.

Those spells are:

• Hyper Stab - Powerful Combo Attack
  • Wildfire - Fire Magic Attack for Multiple Enemies
  • Major Heal - Heals HP
  • Concentration - Increases Intellect

Character Progression:

As your Character Levels in Eterna Legacy only their HP and MP will Rise.

It is up to you to either Buy, Find, or Hunt for Gems which will increase your Stats.

Screenshots:

eternass_title1.png

eternass_charactercreation.png

eternass_status.png

eternass_hotkeys.png

eternass_battle.png

eternass_levelup.png

eternass_greenthorn2.png

eternass_wildflower2.png

eternass_driftwood1.png

Credits

Graphics

Ragnyrok

Enterbrain

Mack

Usui Organization

Celiana

Kajini

Music

Enterbrain

Squareenix

Capcom

Scripts

Enu, Kylock, Mr. Bubble, Shu, Moonlight, NightWalker, Enelvon, Atoa, AlphaWhelp, Blackmorning, Mithran, Kaduki

Claimh, Elemental Crisis

OriginalWij, Yanfly

Sojabird

Crazyninjaguy

Audio

Ragnyrok

Enterbrain

Squareenix

Edited by Kiriashi

Looks very nice! I like the clean design and the character creation sounds pretty cool!

I will try this out when I get a chance. (and of course let you know what I think!)

Looks very nice! I like the clean design and the character creation sounds pretty cool!

I will try this out when I get a chance. (and of course let you know what I think!)

Thanks, kelless :] The game is a product of several years of scrapped projects and ideas finally coming to one after several months of planning.

So it is sort of my baby >D

If you dislike it, please be nice lmao

Edited by Ragnyrok

I'll be sure to download this game and play it at work! I'll let you know what I think about it. I say this to people a lot so hopefully I will remember to do so.

Is this a demo or the completed game?

Edited by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

looks good, but one problem:

what does Civility have to do with Dexterity? It should be more like "Jester" or something.

You need to have peace of mind and clearheadedness in order to act quickly on your feet.

As for your suggestion, what does being funny have to do with being quick?

Edit

I have included a Download Link with the RTP and the Font included :]

Edited by Ragnyrok

1. Civility has nothing to do with acting quickly in the slightest:

Civility: Formal politeness and courtesy in behavior or speech.

2. A jester requires dexterity to juggle, no?

oh, I know that. i was just pointing out an error.

Hello, I was just playing your game. It looks promising, but I have a list of recommendations for improving the game. I have subdivided these into "Bugs," "Grammar/Spelling/Typos," and "Misc."

Bugs

- After doing the first Job for Karisa, the inn lady, I can still click "Jobs," when talking to her, but she doesn't say anything at all. It simply shows no more text after the first time doing the job.

- Not sure if this is intended or not, but you can't talk to the top villager in the inn's bar, while the other people all say "..."

- When I enter the Town Hall, and go to the lefthand side, it gives me an error and closes the game. "Unable to find Audio/BGM/31 - Galka."

- When I enter Wildflower Pines, I get an error, and it closes the game. "Unable to find file Graphics/Characters/$ninjakad."

Grammar/Spelling/Typos

- Most of the dialog at the beginning of sentences is not capitalized, but random other words in the sentences are. ie: "hello, Citizen." If you are using "citizen" as a proper noun, then at least capitalize the first letter of the sentence as well.

- If you ask Jariff for information, he says the same line twice in a row.

- When talking to Luccid (the adventurer), he says "..There is even one said to be dedicated tho overthrowing Lady Victoria.

- The board claims I need to have a "Reknown of 3 to access this board." Not sure what a "Reknown" is... unless you meant "Renown."

Misc

- The noise made when entering/leaving a house is... annoying.

- It's a little strange how the different doors in Selvina's house lead to entirely different places, when the doors are right next to each other on the exterior. This confused me.

- I'm supposed to find the Guardian Captain Lavant, but there is no indication of where he would be. He might be in the West wing of the Town Hall, but if this is the case, I can't enter it, because of the aforementioned audio bug.

- I noticed that the scarecrow thing below the fields has a rather large unpathable area, that doesn't correspond to how big it is. I think since you can walk behind trees, you should be able to walk behind this scarecrow as well.

BUGS BEING FIXED ATM

--> When I enter the menu and in the bag, I can't seem to get out of it. I have tried [X], [Esc] and [NumPad 0] but none seems to work.

And that, I just found out, is the case with every option in the Menu, except Save and Exit.

(Dialogue Error with Jeriff, the Town Mayor)

--> "Well, I can tell you that you are currently in the town of Greenthorn." is repeated two times.

--> "Like I said, if you continue doing tasks for Lavant, you should prepare for much more danger." is repeated three times... no four times, no five times, no six times... argh... it does not stop repeating itself.

--> Some dialogues needs to be proof-readed, like the Queen one which the Skill Trainer speaks.

(Files not found)

--> Graphics/Character/$ninjakad (When I try to enter the Pine woods)

--> Audio/BM/31 - Galka (When I try to enter the west wing of City Hall Prison)

@ Masq

It only looks like the first letters are not capitalized. That is the font-style...

Which I have actually just changed to something else due to some other errors with the font.

I know the villagers in the bar all say "...". There is no dialogue or quests written for them yet.

Selvina's bulding is a duplex. Hince, the two doors on the outside that lead to different houses.

Lavant is South from Greenthorn at the Blockade.

The missing files have been added...

I just went through and corrected the grammar errors you found, too.

Thanks alot!

Expect a cleaner release for you to play in a little less than an hour.

Thanks again :]

Edit

Added a fixed download...

Eterna Legacy Release 1.1

Sorry, everyone who was actually wanting to play...

Edited by Ragnyrok

I have uploaded versions 1.2a and 1.2b.

a is with the RTP. b is without.

Version 1.1 was beatable, there were just a couple things wrong with it.

1.2 also has tougher Bosses at the end(Midori and Crucio).

and the Guardian Bracelet you get for killing Midori is now able to be equipped.

Download Links in the OP.

:]

I tried a bit of it :D so far I like it, it's got a very medieval feel to it.

1 error:

I can walk on the 2 tables in the inn.

2 possible errors:

I believe jariff says the same thing twice in a row when you ask him what he knows (or what he can tell you, when He is talking about the town I think)

Somehow after saving the game I accidentally pressed too many buttons on my gamepad and trigger the menu...Not very big of a deal as it is hard to recreate that bug

haha Yeah my cousin and I found the default menu exploit too XD

Thanks for mentioning the inn tables...

Version 1.2 has Jarrif's dialogue fixed.

I did a loop instead of a self switch and forgot to test it out...

So I switched it out with a self switch after he gives you the reward while you're on the first quest from Lavant.

& I'm glad you like it :]

The soundtrack is mostly ALL from Final Fantasy XI. It really sets the mood a lot, I think.

:]

Try out the Scholar... Their spells are godly XD.

But do NOT get Fireball or Wildfire unless you are one or have high Int, because they are based highly on intellect.

It would be better to get the combo or quick attack.

Oh yeah and most of the classes are exploitable, if you go all one or two stats.

Although the full Str and End build is very fun with Military XD

Hey, so I played v1.2.

A few things you might want to fix are:

- In the forest, in the area with the pillars of light that you push from the top, and make them go to the bottom, I was able to stand below them, and push them, but it wouldn't push them anywhere. Instead, my game would freeze.

- In the cliff area, below the forest, there are ladders that lead to places you can't get to, because the cliff edge blocks you from actually climbing off the ladder and onto the cliff. I would fix these "stuck points" by extending the ladder one space, or changing path-ability, etc.

Bah. I thought I fixed that last bit already >.> I will have it fixed soon. :3

Going out of town today, so it will have to wait until I come back.

I love how people are more interested on what is wrong with projects than how the gameplay is.

Hope you had fun, regardless.

I don't like the menu system in the game. It's too confusing. I kept pushing the wrong button for each menu and I want. There are so many menus that I'm always stopping to check which key to push.

I love how people are more interested on what is wrong with projects than how the gameplay is.

Hope you had fun, regardless.

Well, sorry if I sounded critical. It's a nice project, I did enjoy it... the thing is, when you put something out for people to test, they will take that as an invitation to find problems with the game, so you can fix them, and make the game better. It's nothing personal, it's just how beta testing is done.

Also, if you want my opinion on the gameplay, I think it's a bit too reliant on the "gems" to increase stats. It seems to me that you tried to do a compromise between the traditional "Level up" stat system, and an item-based one. I would say either go with one or the other, or try something different, because it doesn't work very well at the moment, imo. If you want levels to do anything, I would suggest allowing the player to choose which stats to increase, rather than just giving HP/Mana, and nothing else. If you want to keep the gems system, that's fine, but levels should not simply increase HP. But maybe you think it's fine, and that's alright too.

There's a sort of limitation with VX that I had to work around.

Which is why I decided for levels to increase HP and MP.

I had to have "levels", unfortunately. So I had to make something happen for level gains.

But I still wanted people to determine the rest of their stats by themselves.

I may have HP and MP also bought through stones and have levels guide each profession through skill trees.

More like Special Abilities learned at certain levels, to allow the player to still purchase other Skills and Spells.

Either that, or mess around with a point distribution method at the beginning for all stats, but I don't really like that a whole lot, for some reason.

I wish VX would let me set the growth parameters from events.

Edited by Ragnyrok

I have cleaned up the Original Post a little bit.

Also, the name of this Project has been changed to Eterna Legacies: The Green Cloak.

I am currently working on a 1.4 version with some new things.

New Weapons and Armor through a Travelling Merchant.

More non-random battles with Green Cloak.

Increased Boss Difficulty.

Improved dialogues.

The next release will be the final one. I have a couple of testers waiting for me to vamp things up a little bit more.

If you would like to be added to the list of testers, please let me know.

After that, my plan is to start Development on the 2nd installment of the Series, Eterna Legacies 2: The Guild.

The gameplay for The Guild will be MUCH different from The Green Cloak.

However, they both take place in the Bluecrest Province of Eterna. And, The Guild picks up where Green Cloak leaves off.

There may be mentionings of The Guild from time to time, or maybe a screenshot I am excited about...

Other than that, don't expect much content on the next game for a couple of months.

The FINAL(hopefully), version of my game, Eterna Legacies: The Green Cloak, is now available to download.

I have updated the original post to include updated Credits, Controls, and the Downloads, which are also below.

One with, one without RPG Maker VX RTP.

Downloads

You can see more at Heroik Development(link in my signature).

Have fun playing the game. I had fun making it!

I'm downloading it now. :3

EDIT: Loving this music. Who's it by? Specifically the town theme.

EDI 2: Just pressed escape and saw the title option, and selected it thinking it would give me my menu screen. >_<

You really ought to put a save query there.

EDIT 3: Your npcs need higher frequencies!!!