New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Enigma

Affection System

Disclaimer: Eventing the basics of this system are in theory very very simple, all it requires is a few variables

I propose adding an affection system along with the parties and personality systems.

Since Mono will have a variety of interchangeable party members, how much that character cares for you could play an important role

i.e stronger abilities, special skills etc.

I think 7 Lvls of Affection 3 negative 3 positive 1 neutral would cover it

Negative = they don't like you Positive = they really do like you

The ease of getting or losing affection would depend on the character and his or her personality

for example: Aelaana will easily like you, Raiga will be predisposed to hate you

any suggestions

Such as what the affection of a party member would change?

Edited by Enigma

3 positive, 3 negative, and 1 neutral? thats 7, not 10.

Edited by Bob423

sounds interesting :) I suppose if affectionate enough, above good friend standard (if there would be one) you could end up marrying or moving in a hosue together

the house could even be a spawn point from when you die and re-appear, i dont know just an idea that popped up ;)

3 positive, 3 negative, and 1 neutral? thats 7, not 10.

Lol my bad in my mind i meant 7 but I typed 10 cause thats a more generic number :sweatdrop:

@Mandachi: Mono's kind of a Migrant and doesn't like to be tied down to one place man.. is what Mono would say, (he/she is a travelling quite homeless warrior) but if you did have a max affection you could marry that character Although It would totally depend on the character and gender ie Aelaana would be the only character so far that you could marry as a boy or a girl and Signa might not take Mono serious enough to ever consider marrying boy mono

think we should develop this out further

I like this system. Are you going to have combo moves between characters, a la Chrono Trigger? I think that would be pretty neat, and then the Affection System could speed up the process of learning new combo moves/different combo moves, etc.