New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
AeroGames

Dead Consoles on a Dead Topic

Let's talk gaming. The consoles at my house is a NES, Genesis (with Sega CD add-on), Atari 2600, PS2, and a Wii. This topic is for talking about Video Game consoles before The Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3, and go back 20-30 years back. So let's hop into our Delorean and turn on the Flux capacitor and go back into the past. Acting like an AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd)on this topic is okay. Just don't go overboard. Let's start at the Magnavox Odyssey and end at the GameCube's lifespan.

well ive got a few retro consoles and have played a LOT more, atm I've got snes, mega drive (2 of them for some reason - red button ones, master system, n64, dream cast, gamecube and probably some others that i can't remember at the moment

the problem i LAWAYS have is with modern televisions... they just... cant play old consoles, toog rose and horrid, CRTs all the way with old consoles (and i dont mean gcn era)

I still have my very first PS2 I bought back in 2004. I have the real cool games for it like MGS 1-3 and Zone of the Enders. Good times... :lol:

Probably the worst decision I've ever made was to give my N64 away. :<

I had so many goodtimes with that thing. They don't make games like they used to, but they aren't half bad nowadays either. ;#

Also, you were ONE cm away from putting this in the right forum. lol It goes in Game discussion.

I own (retro consoles and handhelds):

A collection of pong consoles

Magnavox Odyssey

Intellivision

Colecovision

ATARI-

Atari2600

Atari7800

SEGA-

Master System

Genesis

Saturn

Dreamcast

Gamegear

Nomad

Nintendo-

NES

SNES

N64

Gamecube

Gameboy

GB Pocket

GB Color

GB Advance

Wishlist:

Commodore 64

Amiga

Atari5200

Famicom (Japanese NES)

VirtualBoy

Retro gaming is in my blood.

I have many retro NES and SNES games. My most notable retro games are Final Fantasy I, Metroid, and Super Mario Bros. I feel as if there was more focus on games in the 80s and 90s than today because today is all about graphics and new consoles.

Magnavox Odyssey

Intellivision

Colecovision

ATARI-

Atari2600

Atari7800

SEGA-

Master System

Genesis

Saturn

Dreamcast

Gamegear

Nomad

Nintendo-

NES

SNES

N64

Gamecube

Gameboy

GB Pocket

GB Color

GB Advance

Wishlist:

Commodore 64

Amiga

Atari5200

Famicom (Japanese NES)

VirtualBoy

KNUCKLES! : D

Thats a pretty sweet list btw. I love my GBC. I still play it sometimes.

since when has the GBA been retro? it is still in it's first decade of creation, 2001, I think was the first release.

Duck Hunter, for the win.

Dude, if a console's SUCESSOR has been discontinued, that pretty much makes it retro. xD

since when has the GBA been retro? it is still in it's first decade of creation, 2001, I think was the first release.

Retro generally is defined as a thing in the past whether it has been a decade or from the previous year. It doesn't change the glaring fact the GBA, indeed, has been discontinued for some time and it is now a thing in the past (as defined in a definition of "retro"). The 3DS has been launched and the DS is on its way out.

The original DS and DS Lite are already discontinued. I doubt the DSi will be gone soon.

to put it bluntly, the DS is only a gba but with a 3d addon - gba as some of you may know can do 3D games, there's demos on youtube if you search it, so in a sense that shows how old the DS really is, it's only the 3DS that actually has brand new hardware for itself and i'm not counting the 3D screen as that technology has existed for years now

to put it bluntly, the DS is only a gba but with a 3d addon - gba as some of you may know can do 3D games, there's demos on youtube if you search it, so in a sense that shows how old the DS really is, it's only the 3DS that actually has brand new hardware for itself and i'm not counting the 3D screen as that technology has existed for years now

... What about the two screens? Touch screen? Microphone? Wireless? lol...

It was released in Japan on March 21, 2001; in North America on June 11, 2001; in Australia and Europe on June 22, 2001; and in the People's Republic of China on June 8, 2004 (excluding Hong Kong).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They can be found in many places still, but some Arcade Games will never beat the classics!

Edited by Kage Kazumi

... What about the two screens? Touch screen? Microphone? Wireless? lol...

I meant the hardware inside

Here is a list of systems I have:

fdyhhe.jpg

Is that apoll from UG? but anyway, thats a nice range you got there

Edited by madanchi

I meant the hardware inside

Everything I mentioned is a form of hardware.

Magnavox Odyssey

Intellivision

Colecovision

ATARI-

Atari2600

Atari7800

SEGA-

Master System

Genesis

Saturn

Dreamcast

Gamegear

Nomad

Nintendo-

NES

SNES

N64

Gamecube

Gameboy

GB Pocket

GB Color

GB Advance

Wishlist:

Commodore 64

Amiga

Atari5200

Famicom (Japanese NES)

VirtualBoy

Dude, you are one heck of a collector. You should start doing gaming reviews.

Is this topic dead or what? (sorry to double post AND necropost Please don't kick me off)

Topics die relatively easy. I would suggest starting a new topic; unless people start posting in this one again.

Everything I mentioned is a form of hardware.

Wow, Mandachi is still at it with this thing huh?...lol

*sighs* Just like with the consoles, the same can be said about the handhelds. The GBA is probably slightly more powerful than the SNES, the DS is around the N64 I have owned both systems and noticed it myself. Don't make me bring of spec comparisons again like I did with the GCN and Wii, lol.

i have...

Gameboy (the original, huge one that takes 4 double A's)

GBC

GBA

DS lite

DSi

N64

Gamecube

Wii

PS2

PS3

a broken NES

and my brother has a PSP

Playstation Systems:

PSX

PS2 (2)

PSP

PS3 (2)

Microsoft Systems:

Xbox (2)

Xbox 360 (3)

PC

Nintendo Systems:

NES

Super Nintendo

Nintendo 64

Game Boy (1989)

Game Boy Pocket (2)

Game Boy Colour (3)

Game Boy SD

Game Boy DS (Broke, I got pissed becuase the game was cheaping and threw it)

Game Boy DSI

Game Boy 3DS

WII

Game Cube

Sega

Dreamcast

...What's with the GameBoy DS names? You can't just say DS? xD

WHats with the Heart attack about me saying Game Boy DS, can't I post what I want. Its practically the same thing, but with a internet on it, with the latest feature with 3D and Wii tech installed in it. I really don't see the big deal.

WHats with the Heart attack about me saying Game Boy DS, can't I post what I want. Its practically the same thing, but with a internet on it, with the latest feature with 3D and Wii tech installed in it. I really don't see the big deal.

Just looked like you were treating it as another GameBoy when it really isn't. xD

And its not really the same thing, lol

EDIT: Besides he said dead consoles. lol

Edited by Joey

Just looked like you were treating it as another GameBoy when it really isn't. xD

And its not really the same thing, lol

They actually are, there handheld devices created by Nintendo, and in my previous post I explained what made them different. Here it is again:

Its practically the same thing, but with a internet on it, with the latest feature with 3D and Wii tech installed in it. I really don't see the big deal.

Please read my post before pretending I didn't say it. Also I understand that the thread said that, but most people posted all the game systems I had so I went ahead and posted the others anyway. Not a big ideal.