New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
solshadow

Online RMXP graphics style?

So im debating creating a project with the intent of it going online and I was wondering who people feel about the current graphical style of the tilesets? If an online game was created but with the current tilesets would you play it or not? If not, would you play it if it had a different graphical style or how should I go about the look of the game?

i think it would be fine to use the defaults for your tilesets, all i could say is that you should add to them like changing color schemes and adding some new stuff into them, iv been thinking about making an online game to, its a pain to set up but i got a project working with it online so if you need any help just ask, all i goto do is open my ports up so others can connect to my computer, but i dont have to wory abouth that until i have a functional game, oh ye i would probably have a differnt computer hosting it as you can host it all from your computer 24 7 but if your running other procceses on it it may lag out, or buy a server but there not cheap

Yea, I have a spare laptop that I would prolly run it off of. I probably gonna start working on setting up the initial town and starting areas now and then seeing if I can even get that running. After thats complete, the rest will fall in place I feel

I never play online games that have rmxp tilesets, but that's just me, but if it had new objects/ tiles i would be willing to play it. I definately would if it had 100% custom graphics

I actually love the RTP. It really bothers me when people hate on it. It's just cause they suck at mapping. xD

So my vote is to go for it! :alright:

cool, u know what script your gonna use to make it go online, or is it just concept at the minute

I'm not an expert wit rmxp online but I don't think it's a script, more of a program for rmxp which then may incorporate different scrypts

oh ye you do need multiple programs to store your data on so others can access it but you also need the scripts to source the ip and what not when running the rgss

Edited by diagostimo

personally i would edit the rtp set and make them look shell/cell shaded. you know, make it pop.

its actually one of my ideas to do for my next project.

-- of course its all about your personal opinion and idea. you could go my previous suggested idea and have plenty of hues and gradients, with a vibrant colors and dark darks. or you could go more dark style and have it with a gloomy gothic (not emo goth like, but the actual renisance goth) style.