New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Ecowolfsteen

Crescent Moon [Update, finally]

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does Crescent Moon sound like a game you would play?

[update: 6/21/2012] Holy crap. After like a year I think it's been, I'm finally continuing this darned project with my new Soft Blue team. Not much can be revealed right now, I don't have any screenshots but I can tell you features, story, a character.

So, without further ado:

t6tpts.jpg

5mguhw.jpg

STORY

You play as Anez, the main protagonist. One night whilst sitting alone you witness something strange fall from what looks like the moon and into the sea nearby. Your curiosity becomes the best of you and you look to see what happened. Suddenly, a very large floating island spawns itself over the sea. The villagers start to use this Moon Island as a large resource. They find new plants that can be made out of medicine, food and even different animals that inhabit the island. But, no one goes past the other half of the island. Rumor has it someone went over there and never came back. So a fence was put up to keep villagers out of "District M".

Anez, being the daring adventurer he is, decides to climb the fence but happens upon a large alien colony riding vehicles and using cybernetic machinery. Terrified, he runs home but trips over a metallic glove that extends up to his forearm. He takes it and tells no one of what he saw.

It turns out the glove turns Anez into a fighting machine. It wraps Anez around in a black skin tight suit, or the "Predator Suit", giving him Dark Matter Powers: the ability to transform air into dark matter to make force blasts, teleportation, and telekenesis. It also gives Anez increased strength and agility.

Anez defends villagers of the upcoming alien attacks, but what do the people think? What will happen? What could YOU make happen?

CHARACTERS

Anez: The protagonist. Controls the "Predator Suit". A teenager/almost adult male.

This is him with the Predator Suit: Vzyu7.png

FEATURES

1. Blizz ABS for XP

- Stealth missions using the Blizz ABS “Listening and hearing feature”

-Live fights

-Possible animations(if needed)

-Looting possible by pressing enter near a dead body

-Jumping ability

-Sprinting

-Intelligent enemy ‘AI’, enemies call for help

-Different alignment groups, allies, enemies, friends, enemies attack other enemies, NPCs that you can kill, etc.

-Combo attacks

-Respawning enemies

-Enemy Commanders, for controlling enemy groups

-Charged attacks

-Projectiles

-Bomb like attacks and items

2. Interchangeable “regular outfit to Predator outfit” system

- Makes player able to use powers outside of battle

-Makes tasks easier

3. Recruit System

-During Stealth missions, Anez is able to recruit villagers to go with him and help

-Gives the game a party, establishing a more “traditional RPG feel”

-Able to upgrade recruits with more weapons, armor and skills

-According to the recruits you choose, a certain backstory goes with them

4. Journal System

-During periods of time Anez likes to write in his journal about past events.

-Sometimes used as a segway into a new point in the storyline

-Ability to save on the spot using journal

-Kill an enemy and a description of how to kill it and information about it is recorded in the journal.

5. Suit Abilities

-Dark Matter Powers: ability to turn air into dark matter allowing: telekinesis, blasts, teleportation. Also has enhanced strength and agility

-As long as glove is on, ability to change from regular outfit to “Predator” outfit

-Your suit has “Dark Matter Strength” , which runs out and can get higher by using certain items and leveling up

-Mimic ability, learn certain enemy attacks

6. Item Synthesis

-Collect certain materials to make certain items to upgrade your strength, health, agility, Dark Matter Strength

7. Sphere Grid System

-Sphere Grid System specifically for the “Predator” suit

-Level up certain parts of the suit

8. Destruction System

-Decapitate and destroy your enemies

SCREENSHOTS

None as of yet, will post some when some fighting scenes have been made.

CREDIT

My Soft Blue Team:

Tomo2000

Dragon324

Enigma

Ackley14

bigace

rgangsta

Bob423

And Jon Bon for all the critique, advice.

kevin.ds for being awesome throughout the development of this project.

And the RMXPUnlimited Community!

And then Blizzard for the ABS.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Edited by Ecowolfsteen

i can't wait to play this !

Haha. Thanks, kevin. I did not explain how to get into the beta:

PM ME AND YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IF YOU GET INTO THE PRIVATE BETA.

Games where your choices make an impact on the world, both immediate and in the future, are ones that excite me. Cant wait to see the finished project!

Yeah, me too! I love them! Thanks for the comment! It's a long way from beta everybody, so you guys will have to wait a while to play it.

Looks good so far although there is not to much to comment on atm. I like games that allow the player to make choices, it also adds replay value imo. I'll edit this post to give more comments once there is some screenies.

Edited by Dragon324

Thanks.

Screenies coming tomorrow because I was being stupid and messed them all up so now I have to edit them, but they're upcoming.

Definitely will be fun! :) Sign up for the Private Beta and you might get in to play it first(well a buggy version :P).

You're building a lot of hype for your project. I like the story. I can't say too much until I see screen shots!

smexy pics eco ! keep up the good work and let me know if there is anything i can do to help =)

:D You're making a project?1 Sweet. I see it has an ABS. My kind of game. :P

Haha. Thanks. You just gotta keep working at it Bob, someday yours will be like that: even though mine still sucks. :P :)

Project put on hold for a couple weeks. This makes the private beta wait and the demo wait even longer. Sorry guys. :/

.:EDIT:.

I'm giving you guys a final screenshot until the postpone is up. Here ya go:

sceen.png

Edited by Ecowolfsteen

Project put on hold for a couple weeks. This makes the private beta wait and the demo wait even longer. Sorry guys. :/

.:EDIT:.

I'm giving you guys a final screenshot until the postpone is up. Here ya go:

sceen.png

Looks SMEXY !! :drool:

--UPDATE--

I have basically restarted a lot of this project in the last couple days. I've kept all of the old maps though. The story line is the same except for Prestosis.. Will update character bio's later. But I basically did this update to show you guys this video. I'm showing you a WIP Karma System that kind of ties in with the whole affect character/world idea. It's also showing some armor/weapon equipping and then some fighting imp's. Keep in mind a lot of the things in this video I'm still working on, The Karma System especially. As you can see.. The animations are still pretty choppy, and I'm deciding whether to implement a Karma HUD, so you know how bad or good you've been because all the work is basically behind the scenes right now except for the animations. Anyway, enjoy the video. >: D

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/534/l97h.mp4/