New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Noob Saibot

Free RMVX and RMXP

rmxpunlimited.net,

Yes you read the title correctly a single RPG Maker VX/XP license is up for grabs. It turns out that I bought them twice (recently found out from rpgmakerweb support). So I have two copies of both, but only need one which means the other would just sit their not being used. So I think we should do a contest for them, but I am not to sure on what type of contest. So please feel free to help me come up with a contest with the prize being RPG Maker VX/XP License.

Copy E-mail

-- do not edit --

Dear Keven Pirritano,

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #11968 with the following response:

--------------------------------------------

Dear Keven Pirritano,

We are sorry for the mistake. We have found there were two RPG Maker VX keys under your name and mailing addresses. Please find new product keys for RPG VX below.

We, CoGen Media Co., Ltd., has taken over from Protexis the distribution of the following software products developed by Enterbrain, since July 1st, 2010.

- RPG MAKER XP

- RPG MAKER VX

- IG MAKER

With this transfer, your old serial number does not work any longer. Please follow the steps below when you need re-install the program.

1. Uninstall the currently installed copy of your RPG Maker VX (if any).

2. Download the new setup file below to install RPG Maker VX.

http://rpgmakerweb.com/download-rpgmaker-vx

3. Here are your new product keys for RPG Maker VX.

---Activation Code Removed for Posting---

Note: According to our records, you also purchased two more RPG Maker XP in the past. Here are the additional replacement keys for yourRPG Maker XP.

---Activation Code Removed for Posting---

If any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

RPG MAKER Sales Support

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com

support@rpgmakerweb.com

--------------------------------------------

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, please reply to this email without changing the subject and please do not edit/delete any part of this email body below the line [-- do not edit --].

v/Respectfully,

Noob Saibot (Kage Kazumi)

Edited by Noob Saibot

You may want to inform Enterbrain that you're doing this because the winner's email and information will need to be given to Enterbrain.

I have a few ideas.

We can have a sprites contest. The constants must make a sprite for VX and XP.

Maybe you can hold off the contest and do it when Marked unleash the new forums? It would make it special.

New forum? I was unaware of this...

Whatever it should be, it should be something that everyone has a equal chance. Some people might not be good at graphics ect. Personally I think it should be something like make a short game using very limited resources.

Or better yet, random draw

yes I was thinking of a Game type contest. And there would be two winners, one would get XP and other would get VX version. I have to confirm with Enterbrain, but I might have 3 license for RMXP. If I do then there might be two XP licenses up for grabs.

I also like the idea of having it available for posting on the new forum. I'll talk to Marked about it.

So what's the deal with this? :3

You gunna do a contest soon or what? ^_^

Yes, I am gathering information to better set rules and the exact content to be held. I already talked with rpgmakerweb.com staff and they gave it a go ahead.

I have a question about this, when you begin the contest, do we (the user participating) have to state which lisence we want to compete for? I already have RMXP the full verison, so I would love to have the RMVX lisence if I win this contest, whatever it might be.

This is good news to hear. I already own both programs. Maybe this will spark the forums interest to the all powerful VX.

Update,

I have finally figured out the type of contest we will be doing. I will make a new post with full details and examples soon. However, all I will say for now is if you have RMXP or RMVX OR any Game Making Software that uses a Tile Set you will be able to enter the contest.

v/Respectfully,

Noob saibot/Kage Kazumi (P12 Leader)