New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
damasterofthearts

Ran into a problem

Question

Okay. I Just ran into a pretty big bump.

I recently downloaded Zeriab's Caterpillar Script that needs RMXP Standard development kit v1.0

It's a really good script btw.

Then, I went on a search for a new battle system for my game.

I then found a really good one called Gubids Tactical Battle System, which fits perfectly for the game I'm making.

But that requires RMXP Standard Development Kit v1.3, so when I tried posting them both into my game, neither of them work.

The also both have to be above the script called "MAIN".

So what do I have to do to fix his if it can be fixed. Can it?

If not then are there other battle systems like GTBS that don't require the RMXP SDK or have to be pasted above main?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

B must be above A. C must be above A.

if A B and C are placed as follows:

C

B

A

Both requirements are met, because C and B are both above A, even if C is not directly above A.

As for your other problem, as far as I know you're out of luck.

B must be above A. C must be above A.

if A B and C are placed as follows:

C

B

A

Both requirements are met, because C and B are both above A, even if C is not directly above A.

As for your other problem, as far as I know you're out of luck.

Thanks, but

Do you know any other battle systems like GTBS?

I am pretty sure Zeriab's caterpillar script was actually made for standard rmxp default scripts.

Zeriab's Caterpillar

Here is Zenith's Tactical Battle System:

Zenith's TBS (japanese)

Zenith's TBS (google translation)

Also, I personally would avoid using SDK / SDK based scripts if possible. SDK ruined compatibility. Also, using SDK can slow down your game's initial start time. What RPG Maker does, is it evaluates all the scripts in Scripts.rxdata with the eval() command, which is a pretty slow process to begin with; with SDK you load up all the default scripts, then it loads up ALL the SDK scripts (which for the most part completely overwrite the default scripts), then loads up all of you custom scripts.

Also, The whole thing where "script goes above main" just means exactly like kiri said, above main, not necessarily directly above it, but more in between main and the last script; this is due to the fact that most scripts alias/override/add to different classes and methods, and need to be evaluated after the original class.

Good luck!