New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Polraudio

Super Awesome Minecraft Graphics

I know you minecraft guys out there will love this and may think its unreal but believe me its real. You may or may not have seen this before.

Below is some of my in-game screenshots to show you how good minecraft graphics can get.

Here is an album i put together of all the images from my bumpmapping experience.

http://polraudio.imgur.com/lb_photo_realism__bumpmapping

Note: Thats a 256x256 texture pack

That is how i play minecraft all the time.

If you would like a tutorial on how to do that just ask but beware even my system is just on the edge of being able to run it.

I run at 40-60fps with the bumpmapping when i normally run it 120-200fps without it. Thats how much of a resource hog it is.

You can do this with lower texture packs starting at 32x32 i think but not very many texture packs support it.

Yeah i personally don't like using HD texture packs. I just use mods like aether mod, inv edit, simple server wrapper, single player commands and Millenaire which just by itself is resource hog.

Have you seen the pics for Adventure update? I personally can't wait to see how the rivers and how tall the world is now. From a few of the pics i've seen it looks like the raised the sky barrier to like 999 blocks tall.

Plus the new mob (mobs?) and dungeons will have my friend and I exploring the new content on my server.

*edit*

My server doesn't have much sense we reset it all the time. So far we have a castle with a secet room that plays a zelda song when opened :P

i'll show you if you want but you have to have hamachi :( i cant figure out how to forward my ports

Edited by JoKo

Yea i cant wait till 1.8. They are keeping the world 128 high because increasing it just to 256 would double the system resources it takes to run minecraft. He said he is going to make it easy to change tho.

EDIT: port forwarding is easy. i can walk you through it in chat one of these days.

Yea i cant wait till 1.8. They are keeping the world 128 high because increasing it just to 256 would double the system resources it takes to run minecraft. He said he is going to make it easy to change tho.

EDIT: port forwarding is easy. i can walk you through it in chat one of these days.

I would really appreciate that. and really? thats to bad i think the user should have a choice when making a world our server in the server properties file if it should go to 256 or not.

Maybe tommorow after i finish helping my GF with installing rmxp lol...

didnt realise bumb mapping was out for minecraft :o:O and ive got that texture pack atm :D yay! Also, gonna research MC bumpmapping now, cant wait

also anyone seen the crazy distortion mods?

Yeah i personally don't like using HD texture packs. I just use mods like aether mod, inv edit, simple server wrapper, single player commands and Millenaire which just by itself is resource hog.

Have you seen the pics for Adventure update? I personally can't wait to see how the rivers and how tall the world is now. From a few of the pics i've seen it looks like the raised the sky barrier to like 999 blocks tall.

Plus the new mob (mobs?) and dungeons will have my friend and I exploring the new content on my server.

*edit*

My server doesn't have much sense we reset it all the time. So far we have a castle with a secet room that plays a zelda song when opened :P

i'll show you if you want but you have to have hamachi :( i cant figure out how to forward my ports

999 blocks high? I SOOO doubt that. Would be awesome though

didnt realise bumb mapping was out for minecraft :o:O and ive got that texture pack atm :D yay! Also, gonna research MC bumpmapping now, cant wait

also anyone seen the crazy distortion mods?

I saw that psychedelic minecraft mod a couple months back.

999 blocks high? I SOOO doubt that. Would be awesome though

I saw that psychedelic minecraft mod a couple months back.

I super exaggerated it because it looks way bigger then 256. There was a picture of a mountain and it looked like it was at least 300 blocks high.

in classic you can go as high as 800!!! that's what always annoys me on beta, the height is way too small but nvm

also I need assitance on installing bump mapping, I followed Dax wiki installation but it seems to crash when installing Laurinas GLSL patch :/

Edited by madanchi