New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Noob Saibot

[P12] Plot Line voting

RMXPU Community,

So when it comes to writing, authors will do one of two things: come up with a title first OR we come up with a plot first. Many people believe you need a PLOT to decide the title, but this is far from true. I always come up with a title first before diving into the plot. However, this being a community project, I decided that for these two aspects, we will focus on a plot for now and do the title later (in another topic). This will allow you to truly decided what kind of plot the game should have. Now many people confuse a plot line with a full plot, but in this topic, we are focusing ONLY on a plot line.

*A plot line is something as simple as (in this case), “Person who wants to rule the world.”

Now the above example is quite cliché and has been done many times over (for every type of media), but this can be said for any PLOT/PLOT LINE. As I like to tell people, “it’s not what the story is, but how you tell it.” So no matter what our plot ends up being keep that in mind; “it’s not what the story is, but how you tell it.” As for our own community plot line, I have below a list of the most common plot lines used as well as some that are not used that often.

*This topic will use a POLL, but if people fail to explain and ONLY vote using the poll, I will remove it. This is a community project, so we want to hear/read your opinion and NOT JUST SEE IT IN A POLL!!

Plot Lines:

1) Rule/Take over the world!

2) Destroy the world.

3) Hero is unknowingly the bad guy.

4) Prophecy (adding in plot line 1, 2, 3, 5, or 6)

5) Weapon of power (adding in plot line 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6).

6) ???????

*For 3, 4, and 5 if they are chosen we will hold a separate vote for them for sub-plot line!

*??????---- It is for YOU to submit your own plot line.

Example Mini Plot:

* I will not give examples for 1 , 2, 4, or 5 as I am sure you can figure that out. Also remember that these are plot line so once we figure out which one we will use, we will move on to a full plot.

3) Our hero unknowingly to himself/herself is the villain (double personality), and every time the hero can’t be found our sub-heroes have to fight some-odd monster/bad guy.

NOTE: Voting will be open for one week starting today 23 AUG 2011 to 30 AUG 2011.

v/Respectfully,

Noob Saibot/Kage Kazumi (P12 Leader)

Edited by Noob Saibot

I voted for 3, but I want to combine it with 4. Prophecy

The Hero/Protagonist was part of a prophecy that he/she will be the reason for the destruction of the world. However, due to a magical fluke/anomaly/curse from someone, the main character is not born with a heart that seeks disaster. That does not prevent it from occurring. The Protagonist and his/her side characters must find away to save the world or w/e.

Potential Sub-Plot:

The protagonist's personality was not supposed to exist.

The Protagonist and friends are unaware of the truth and must uncover the true prophecy, and afterwards find some way to save the world in a way that's best for everyone.

RMXPU Community,

Alright this is why I did not do a POLL in the last Community Project, because people feel the need to ONLY vote using the POLL without writing any type of feedback. This being a community project demands feedback and not just by a simple poll. I already stated if people ONLY USED THE POLL I would remove it and this is no joke. It defies the purpose of getting the communities input if you do not post a reason, opinion, ideas, etc.

v/Respectfully,

RMXPU Community,

So far only two votes. If you don't vote than you will have NO RIGHT to complain later!

v/Respectfully,

Edited by Noob Saibot

Voted Other

Person ignites abilities (extra strength, agility, concentration, intelligence etc) after waking from a deep comma.

Voted Other

Person ignites abilities (extra strength, agility, concentration, intelligence etc) after waking from a deep comma.

I see this as more of a character issue or character sub-plot than a defining plot line for the story itself. You really can't make a main plot from this without completely focusing on that one character and with no real resolve about the plot effecting the world itself.

I see this as more of a character issue or character sub-plot than a defining plot line for the story itself. You really can't make a main plot from this without completely focusing on that one character and with no real resolve about the plot effecting the world itself.

yeah that's a good point, think I may have to re-cast my vote then but for the time being, I'll try to elobarate on my plot and make it less character focused

Voted Other

Setting abilities on on fire?

RMXPU Community,

Alright this is why I did not do a POLL in the last Community Project, because people feel the need to ONLY vote using the POLL without writing any type of feedback. This being a community project demands feedback and not just by a simple poll. I already stated if people ONLY USED THE POLL I would remove it and this is no joke. It defies the purpose of getting the communities input if you do not post a reason, opinion, ideas, etc.

v/Respectfully,

That's actually quite a good idea. In fact, you should just not have polls at all. :3

Setting abilities on on fire?

Lol that's how I read it at first too..

Anyways. On the matter of a storyline... well I can't come up with stories if my life depended on it. I did pick six though, as I prefer the "Tragedy happens, hero is forcibly involved." plotline. :3

Keep up the good work kage

RMXPU Community,

The POLL has been closed so now you must vote by actually posting your idea/opinion.

Current Count

*Including votes from the poll

1 --

2 --

3 -- 2 votes

4 --

5 --

6 -- 1 vote (2 if madanchi comes up with a new idea)

v/Respectfully,

I choose #1, we have the main character want to take over a country, and has to fight through many clans/powerful people to reach the top.

I choose #1, we have the main character want to take over a country, and has to fight through many clans/powerful people to reach the top.

Umm, I'm not sure on this. Do you mean 3 instead of 1 because your description is more fit for 3 then 1.

Umm, I'm not sure on this. Do you mean 3 instead of 1 because your description is more fit for 3 then 1.

Maybe the throne is empty and here the chance for the hero take it. While he tries to gain the throne he has to fight through other clans some with evil intension and other with good. So at the end of the game, the player would of had taken over the country by becoming its leader.

Also taking over a country doesn't turn you into a evil, if the one on the throne himself is already evil. Maybe the hero wants to take over the throne to make a change in the land.

i would like to bring up a new idea!

it starts by showing the catastrophic result of a huge mistake the hero made. the hero must then travel back in time somehow(whether it be by magic or science)and fix his/her mistake. the player must then play through the story from the beginning of course, and make choices that will either result in the hero dieing, having to relive the same catastrophe shown at the beginning, or continuing with the story. some choices will result in a slight tweak to the story. if a mistake is made, the player will get a game over and must restart from his/her last save.

Also taking over a country doesn't turn you into a evil, if the one on the throne himself is already evil. Maybe the hero wants to take over the throne to make a change in the land.

Actually no. People in general will decide upon this and most people even in medieval time looked to leader as just another tyrant, especially if nothing is known about them. So basically you mean 6 not 1.

well just to let you know my hero isn't unknowning the bad guy so I don't want #3 has a choose <_<

fine put it under #6 then, since #1 seems to farfeteched to you.

This is definitely 1, Rule or take over the world

Anything else such as whether or not its evil is a sub plot

Basically 1 with 3 as a sub plot

voted Other

This one seems unusual, maybe give a nice twist/ comedy aspect to a game.

A story based around life having certain exploits or 'cheats' that people can aquire (at a cost or by pure luck), these cheats act in a similar manner as they do so in video games. Maybe not infinite health/ damage for example, but on the lower lines of extra agility, super jumping, flying, minor element control? etc. So basically it's real life but with cheats/ minor exploits :P but in a game.

Plot: Evil character (possibly?) wants to steal the supposed ancient 'Book of Cheats', if a person uses this 'Book of Cheats' then they can have what they desire... If it's ever discovered that is.

Edited by madanchi

This is definitely 1, Rule or take over the world

Anything else such as whether or not its evil is a sub plot

Basically 1 with 3 as a sub plot

No, this can not work. Anyone can tell that option 1-2 are derived from a bad guy not the role of a hero, let me explain. By picking option one he is saying he wants THE BAD GUY to take over the world. That is the purpose of OPTION 1. People selecting it want a story where the bad guy/evil person is attempting to take over the world. However, he wants the hero to do this so number 6 is correct and not 1.

RMXPU Community,

You now have 1 day left to vote or cast your opinion.

Current Count

1 --

2 --

3 -- 3 votes

4 --

5 --

6 -- 4 vote

Topic Closed early so we can start actually voting on a plot line! Thanks to all who submitted other ideas.

v/Respectfully,

Edited by Noob Saibot