New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Ragnyrok

Importing Map Tiles

Importing Map Tiles into Network RPG Maker 2000

While not many people know about this Maker, and even fewer like it, I have taken it upon myself to try and get the Community more interested in Network RPG Maker 2000 by planning lots of fresh content for it. The following is a new version of a Tutorial I made sometime last year. I have 4 more Tutorials in the works, a NRM2k-based website with Resources, Tutorials, and Support that should be done next week, and I plan on showing the community how much fun it is to work with NRM2k.

This Tutorial will teach you how to import new map pieces into your Network RPG Maker 2000 Project

Keep in mind that Nedango reads ONLY .BMP files.

Inside the NRM2k program, select the Map Editor(selected by default when the program starts) and hit the Green Square Button for Import.

That will bring a Window up of all available graphical resources already imported and ready to use in your game.

Hit the Add button.

You will be asked to locate the File which you want to use.

Browse through your Computer files and select the Graphic you want to use.

It is best to use import from Files that are already located in the root folder of your Project! The reason for this is so you do not have to copy and rename files later, after you have extracted the .NDC file to your server.

The next screen will let you select the part of that image you want to use for your Map piece.

This is especially handy because it allows you to use a custom-made Tileset where you can have several Map Tiles on the same image to Import from.

Select what you want to use, and hit OK.

Next, we will need to fix the alignment of the image being used for the Object.

So, select the Graphic you just added, and hit the Properties button at the top right of the Import screen.

You will be greeted by the Alignment screen.

Here, you can tell the Program how many blocks this Map piece will use(i.e.-1x1, 2x2, w/e), and where the alignment is. The Teal Square in this window represents the BOTTOM of the Object.

The auto alignment tool option DOES work and is a blessing for when you are importing a massive amount of graphics.

After that, make sure the Object you've been editing is selected, and hit OK.

This will put the new Map Object in the first available space on the Current Map Tab you were viewing before Importing the new Object.(i.e.-Lower 1, Middle 2, Upper 3, etc.)

Make sure you have your new Object selected and train your eyes to the bottom-left of the Map Editor Menu. This is where you can select the Passing of Objects.

Take note that even if an Object is on the Middle Layer and has No Passing, PC and NPC Sprites will appear ABOVE the Object. To make them appear BEHIND the object with a fade around the PC or NPC, the Object needs to be on the Upper Layer.

I hope you have found this useful!

Thanks for submitting this, Ragnyrok.

It's nice to see that there are still people using the classic systems. :3

And thank you, Kiri, for the thanks! :D

Yes, yes... I think I will be neck deep in Nedango for the next year or so.

But it should be most beneficial to us all >D

Edited by Ragnyrok