New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Joko

Where did you get your name from?

I just see your name kiri as "切り足" (Cut foot [as in chopped off]).

My name comes from the fact the anglicised version of my first name is Isaac, and the main character in my game is called Isaak Sol (originally Isaac Sol). ^_^

Well the truth is, my name's origin has a bit of profanity to it, so you have been warned:

130926890911.png

that troll face is huge! XD

haha! please kiriashi tell them! we all wanna know...! well my name btw came from my baby cousin. he can't pronounce my actual name and so he calls me nana and then a friend of mine decided to call me nanou... oh well, i kind of liked it... an gr comes from GReece!;) that's all i guess...:)

I just see your name kiri as "切り足" (Cut foot [as in chopped off]).

My name comes from the fact the anglicised version of my first name is Isaac, and the main character in my game is called Isaak Sol (originally Isaac Sol). ^_^

Thats awesome, going from a simple name to com-binding it into something AWESOME!! This is another example of why i love listening to all your guy's story's whether their super short... or long like Chief. Now we need KIRIASHI TO JOIN THE DAMN PARTY!

*Edit*

Here is the reason behind kiri's name. I'll be named poopy head for the next two weeks xD...

poopyhead.th.png

Edited by Poopy Head

Haha, to say "Walking through the mist." properly would have been "霧に通じて歩いてる。" - "Kiri ni tsuujite aruiteru." Not very catchy for a username :P

Iight, bob forced me to do this.

My name has a short long story, so here goes:

WARNING: EXPLICIT ILLICIT DRUG REFERENCES (I bet you know how I got my name now D:)

For a long time I had been using (For online games, random web accounts, etc) the username: "Elysid", "Elsyd", "Elysid" and other variations similar to that. That name came from the name for the trade name of Lysergic acid diethylamide Introduced by Sandoz Laboratories as a drug with various psychiatric uses in 1947. The trade name was actually "Delysid", however, upon creating an account I always forgot it actually started with a "D".

Upon getting back into an actual community, I wanted a name that reflected myself a little bit more. For those who don't know, Lysergic Acid Diethylamine is LSD-25; so, I took part of my name "Kellen," spelled out LSD in phonetics "Ellessdee" and merged the two.

Thus, "kellessdee", was born...er, decided upon. (I always use lower-case 'k' because IMO lowercase k's look cooler than their uppercase counterparts.)

REALLY SHORT VERSION:

kellessdee : drop the k, say each syllable slowly.

Iight, bob forced me to do this.

My name has a short long story, so here goes:

WARNING: EXPLICIT ILLICIT DRUG REFERENCES (I bet you know how I got my name now D:)

For a long time I had been using (For online games, random web accounts, etc) the username: "Elysid", "Elsyd", "Elysid" and other variations similar to that. That name came from the name for the trade name of Lysergic acid diethylamide Introduced by Sandoz Laboratories as a drug with various psychiatric uses in 1947. The trade name was actually "Delysid", however, upon creating an account I always forgot it actually started with a "D".

Upon getting back into an actual community, I wanted a name that reflected myself a little bit more. For those who don't know, Lysergic Acid Diethylamine is LSD-25; so, I took part of my name "Kellen," spelled out LSD in phonetics "Ellessdee" and merged the two.

Thus, "kellessdee", was born...er, decided upon. (I always use lower-case 'k' because IMO lowercase k's look cooler than their uppercase counterparts.)

REALLY SHORT VERSION:

kellessdee : drop the k, say each syllable slowly.

Funny thing is Kiri told me to do the short version like a week ago cause i always would read your name like its kellseedee. and not kellessdee.

Well it started when i once had a hotmail account. win 98-me-xp days, of course i hadn't used it in so long it didn't exist anymore. So i made a new one, which wii because i had just got the game system back in feburary 07, and was having fun with it. 1990 because of the year i was born. so i created a gamertag on an xbox 360 put in my email and it asked if i wanted to check if wii1990 was available. i said yes and that's how it came to be. now i use it about anywhere i have a screenname. games, forums, and the like.

Also Dragon324 and myself have known each other for most our lives in person, and he even calls me wii in person occasionally. rofl.gif

Love your story wii, totally classic name creation.

My handle is my birth name, well shortened, as it's actually Jonathon, but I don't much like my full name given name. My family name however rocks, and combined with the short version of my first name, I get allot of "Hey, like Jon Bon Jovi?" etc, so it's a great conversation starter, and an excellent dating tool back in the day.

I really like hearing about peoples gamer name origins. You can hear the craziest stories that way sometimes. I hear allot of people tell me their PlayStation Network ID name is random because they couldn't get what they wanted. I always tell them, well you weren't original enough, ha!

(Favorite thing)+(birth year) is definitely an awesome name creation tool, and if I had to make a new permanent handle, I would likely use that. But alas I picked one I used to get all the time and was uncommon, long before google, wikipedia, and mass internet usage, ha! Now I'm lucky if Jon Bon isn't picked the day a site goes up!

Let's here some more gamer name explanations everyone!

after re-reading this topic i noticed i didn't tell the full story of my name

im horrible at coming up with names, and i would always come up with "Bob" or "Joe" or something, and it kinda transfered over to rmxp, hence why 2 of my main characters are named that, and why my main, main character is always Bob

i originally was going to do Bob123, but didn't like the whole...123 thing lol

so i went with 423 instead. out of pure coincidence, my middle name is Robert, and Bob like a nickname for that or something.

Mine: I very Like Quest Games like RPG and my Friends said that I am good at completing Quests and the Major is my Rank from the Online game Pacifica RPG so I mixed them Both Together and I named mine as "QuesTMajoR"... :)

I used to play DnD, and my friend and I (we were both dms) emailed each other about our campaigns. We used fantasy names in our emails, mine was Thallion Darkshine (made it up myself).

my name originated from the street i live on mainly because i have no name creativity tallent what so ever. the 14 came from something my parrents used to page to each other 143 wich basicly meant i love you wich was part of my email account that my mom set up for me when i was like 10. i wanted to use the 143 in my name and password when i got my seccond email but it wouldn't let me, so i shortend the username to 14. i go by ackly14 akly14 ackley14 and ackley143. or just ackley or ack. NO REFERANCE TO THAT Shi**Y CHAR FROM THAT ONE BOOK XD

i only recently learned that there is a char in a book named ackley XD. so yeah its the street i live on xD