New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
evil cabbage

RMXP Pool 2.5 - Beta 1

RMXP Pool 2.5 - Beta 2

Introduction

It's certainly been a long time, but the first beta for RMXP Pool 2.5 that I showed off back in November 2010 is finally ready for release. For those not familiar with RMXP Pool, it's essentially a database program for RMXP resources that allows you to download resources from an online database without the need to go through forums, broken links or file sharing websites. The program currently supports all types of RMXP resources and allows you to download them to a folder of your choice as well as directly into your projects. In a nutshell, it's similar to Scrive, but completely online and for all types of resources.

New Features

• Redesigned UI
  • Ability to download to a custom folder
  • Ability to download directly to a project
  • (Somewhat glitchy) search functionality

Screenshots

(Please note that some minor changes to the UI have been made since these screenshots were taken.)

Preview1.png

Main1.png

Known Issues

• There are numerous issues with the search bar, for an example if you type something and then try to erase your text, the previous text won't disappear. Also, searching only seems to work if your term is at the front of whatever you are searching for (i.e if I were searching for "Blizz-ABS", 'blizz' would work but 'abs' would not.)

To-Do List\Ideas for Future Features

• Iron out glitches
  • Implement ShinyToyGuns' theme from the competition
  • Implement a download queue system similar to that of Formless' releases
  • Add a 'favourites' system
  • Remake the GUI graphics

IMPORTANT:

The .zip file contains two .exe files, one is for the main program (main.exe) and the other is for the splash screen (launch.exe). Please ensure that you run 'loader.exe' or the program will not work.

Download Mirrors

Mirror 1 -

Mirror 2 - Box.net

Special Thanks

• Teehan+Lax for the GUI elements used to make RMXP Pool's interface

Feedback on this new beta would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by evil cabbage

Oh I guess it's just not working for me. lol..

EDIT: Nevermind I didn't load the right exe. You should name the loader "CLICKME!!"

Well, looks like we have a lot of uploading to do.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've implemented your suggestions in beta 2, which can be downloaded from the original post.

Also, it appears that Teehan+Lax (the guys who made the GUI elements) have changed their licence since I downloaded it. Unfortunately, their GUI is now for designing only and cannot be used in software :( . So, sometime in the foreseeable future, I'll be making graphics myself based on what I already have here. Given that most of it is based on gradients, it shouldn't be too difficult.

This is a fantastic tool. I wish there was one for VX.

I've actually considered this in the past and it's certainly not a bad idea. Once I've dealt with everything in the 'to-do' list, I might try this.

:D I can't wait. Can I BETA test it or something?

Well, once I get to that stage, I'll probably release another open beta like this one, so you'll be able to test it then.