New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Silencher

User input?

Question

Hey all,

I'm relatively new to VX but I noticed there is a way to event changing an actor name, but it seems like it's only by pre-defined names that you pick. Is there a way to bring up an input screen for the player to change their name? Either via script or otherwise?

8 answers to this question

Hey all,

I'm relatively new to VX but I noticed there is a way to event changing an actor name, but it seems like it's only by pre-defined names that you pick. Is there a way to bring up an input screen for the player to change their name? Either via script or otherwise?

Name Input Processing, look I don't want to mean and I hope you don't take this as me being mean. But maybe you should do some reading up on eventing to see how or if it is possible for things like this before posting it.

Edited by Dragon324

BTw, if you wan the player's name to show up in a message, you'll have to put this \n[x] where you want the player's name to show up. Change "x" to the ID of the player in the Database. :P

Ahh very good to know. I'm actually making it so that the characters that can be named are basically 'golems' so they probably won't have dialogue much of the time but it's possible. Anyway, that notation is alot more concise than using the full actor name anyway, so thanks =p

Speaking of that, is there a way to print out a variable's value? Like if I had variable: Stashed Gold == 100, how could I print that value, if it isn't a static value? Obviously, if it is always 100 I could just write '100' but I mean if it is able to change?

Hellu

unled2ym.png

Press the "?" in the text option to display some helpfull information.

\V[n] = [n]<- Variable number

Edited by Kevin.ds