New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
ShinyToyGuns

Shiny's XP Windowskin Workshop

shinywindowskinworkshop.png

I'll be taking requests for Windowskins. Below are a few examples of what I have done so far, some of them are old and some recently made. To request a windowskin, simply follow instructions below.

Previous Work

PrairieRTP_Sample.png

WaterRTP_Sample.png

MountainRTP_Sample.png

ForestRTP_Sample.png

Polraudio_WS.png

Kiri_WS.png

HCoA_WS.png

Foxkit_WS2.png

nature_windowskin.png

water_ws.png

black-white_windowskin-1.png

darkness_ws.png

earth_ws.png

fire_ws.png

holy_ws.png

light_ws.png

poison_ws.png

Storm_ws.png

Instructions

• Color(s)/Theme
  • Cursor Style/Color(s)
  • Border Style/Color(s)
  • Reference Picture(s) (as needed)

Information

• Color(s)/Theme ~ What color(s)/theme do you want the Windowskin to follow? (Hexadecimal/RGB values for color helps, but is not necessary)
  • Cursor Style/Color(s) ~ Do you want a special cursor for when in battles? If so, what do you want it to be/what color(s)?
  • Border Style/Color(s) ~ This is the border that is created around the window. If you would like a special one, what type, and what color(s)?
  • Reference Picture(s) (as needed) ~ If you have a Title Screen for your game already, and would like it incorporated into the windowskin, here is where to say. Reference pictures also help for custom cursors.

Credits

Although I do not necessarily require credit, if you wish to include me in them, go right ahead. wink.gif

Bring it on!

~Steven a.k.a. ShinyToyGuns~

Edited by ShinyToyGuns

I need something dark, plane and grey. If you can get some chain border or something, that would be cool. But really, simpler is better for this..

I need something dark, plane and grey. If you can get some chain border or something, that would be cool. But really, simpler is better for this..

Depending on how long Ben's takes (shouldn't be too long), I should have this for you by late tomorrow or Tuesday

so, it's probably gonna be a bit longer for both of you, as I spent the past 4 hours drinking with friends, and am kinda numb right now...hope you'll understand

rolleyes.gif

I'll try to do that for ya, Pol...do you need any sort of special battle cursor or anything?

Just the standard one but make it match. Thanks Steve :)

Here's yours, Pol...I tried getting the colors as close as possible, but the rest of it was a bit harder. (I wasn't able to do the symbol, because it probably would've looked odd stretched)

Polraudio_WS.png

Lemme know if you want something different...

I would like to make the following requests. The only parameters I need set in stone, is that they keep as close as possible to the same look as the original RMXP RTP windowskin's color/feel. All the cursors can be taken from the RTP (preferred if possible). I also have a palette I created with some if not all of the RTP shades on it, I can send it to you if needed.

I intend to include this as part of a pack I am working on. It will be free, and you will receive full credits. For this reason I ask that the windowskins are not released without watermarks etc, or as part of another pack etc. I am sure you understand.

Thanks in advance mate!

Request

Theme/Color: Forest, green

Cursor/Color: mushroom or branch

Border Style/Color: Standard, Dark Green or Leaves,

Theme/Color: Mountain, brown

Cursor/Color: rock, Gray

Border Style/Color: Standard, Dark Brown or Pebbles or Dirt Path

Theme/Color: Water, Blue

Cursor/Color: Fish, RTP

Border Style/Color: Standard, Dark Blue, or Stream/River/Turbulent water

Theme/Color: Prairie, Yellow

Cursor/Color: Corn Stalk

Border Style/Color: Standard, Golden, or Pale grass

Theme/Color: Volcano, Red

Cursor/Color: Lava ball

Border Style/Color: Standard, Yellow, or Lava flowing river

Theme/Color: Ice, Pale Blue

Cursor/Color: Icicle

Border Style/Color: Standard, Off-White or Snow banks or snowy foot prints

Theme/Color: Sky, light blue, or sunset/sunrise colors

Cursor/Color: Bird or cloud if border not clouds

Border Style/Color: Standard, white, or Clouds

Theme/Color: Melee, Black(or very dark color)

Cursor/Color: Fist

Border Style/Color: Red,or Cross swords(like an x )

Theme/Color: Magic, Dark Blue

Cursor/Color: Magic Sphere, or Rod/Staff

Border Style/Color: Standard, Dark Yellow or Magic Beam

Theme/Color: Ranged, Dark Green

Cursor/Color: Arrow

Border Style/Color: Standard, White, or Bows or Footprints(if not used already)

Theme/Color: RTP, Red, Green, Yellow, (keeping RTP shade)

Cursor/Color: Standard

Border Style/Color:Standard, Match with theme color

P.S. Love your work!

Edited by Jon Bon

It's gonna be another busy weekend, but I'll start on these for you as soon as possible, Jon.

If you could send me that palette too, that'd be great. Also, when you say you don't want them released without watermarks, do you mean to add a watermark of some sort so that I can put them here and then send you the originals via private message or something?

Regards,

Also, when you say you don't want them released without watermarks, do you mean to add a watermark of some sort so that I can put them here and then send you the originals via private message or something?

Aye, you got the idea. Figured you might want to post them up etc. Just don't want them nabbed before I pack em type thing.

Sending the palette now.

Here's yours, Pol...I tried getting the colors as close as possible, but the rest of it was a bit harder. (I wasn't able to do the symbol, because it probably would've looked odd stretched)

Polraudio_WS.png

Lemme know if you want something different...

Fricken perfect! Thank you very much Steve :biggrin_002: .

@Pol: Glad you liked it :)

@JonBon: Here are the first two windowskins watermarked as you requested...I'll send them all to you in private message once I finish the rest :)

Forest Windowskin:

ForestRTP_Sample.png

Mountain Windowskin:

MountainRTP_Sample.png

Lemme know if you want anything changed/added.

Excellent, exactly what I pictured.

Totally perfect mate, I am extremely excited to see the rest. It's really neat to see someone else create something you envision, kudos.

Here are the next two in the series, Jon...I tried a slight ripple effect on the water background to break it up a bit...I think it looks good, but if you want me to just stick to recoloring it, I can redo that one.

Water Windowskin:

WaterRTP_Sample.png

Prairie Windowskin:

PrairieRTP_Sample.png

Lemme know what you think,

I definitely like it. I trust your creative direction, please feel free to use your best judgement, as I am very pleased with your work. Thanks again mate.

May I make a request?

I need a new window skin for my newest project.

I'm not entirely sure what I want, but i know I want something visually impressive.

It's a bit of a dark theme though, so make it maybe gothic . . . Thanks in advance

Not sure if its alright to post on such an old topic... but might as well give it a try!

Also not sure if this is still alive... :\

Anyways, I'd like to make a specific request!

Well... I guess it wasn't very specific, but... I hope it'll turn out to be something great!

Necroposting is still necroposting, plus ShinyToyGuns hasn't even been on since 2012 March, so you're not getting your request done by him any time soon, probably never.

I'm closing this, either ShinyToyGuns can request/pm a mod to re-open this or anyone else that wants to take the challenge of doing this can PM a mod.