New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Jon Bon

Suggestions For Addtional Icons(Poll)10/28/11

What is this pack missing  

6 members have voted

1. 1. This icon pack needs more...

• Weapon Icons
    • Skill Icons
    • Potion Icons
    • Shield Icons
    • Armor Icons
    • Accessory Icons
    • Item Icons(Post to specify)
    • Gag Icons(Post to specify)
    • Equipment Sets(Post to specify)
    • Recolors(Post to specifcy which and what)
    • Other(Post 'what' if chosen)

I am working on an Icon pack made entirely from edited or recolored RTP graphics, ranging from graphics taken from, tilesets, characters, other icons, skill effects etc.

I currently have 560 or so icons varying from different types of things.

Below are some teaser pics(98%+) of the icons I currently have, and I was wondering if this community would be able to both comment on them in quality and usefulness, as well as suggest additional icons they would want added. Also, if you notice any spelling, grammar, or category mistakes on the icons, that helps too. Ignore the first 4 icons, you may have to scroll right after opening the teaser pic spoiler.

Icon Breakdown

ACCESSORIES

07 Back

07 Earrings

02 Feet

01 Hand

14 Neck

16 Rings

11 Misc

ARMOR CHEST

21 Metal

37 Cloth

ARMOR HEAD

18 Metal

13 Cloth

05 Misc

SHIELDS

WEAPONS

05 Axes

02 Bows

01 Club

06 Daggers

03 Firearms

01 Hammer

17 Rods

08 Spears

10 Stave

07 Swords

06 Misc

04 Katar

02 Throwing

02 Whip

ITEMS

23 Flora

22 Food Eat

14 Food Drink

99 Misc

25 Misc

12 Animal

04 Bags

06 Barrels

08 Books

07 Candles

07 Containers

07 Herbs

04 Jars

16 Keys

03 Lanterns

08 Maps

03 Mirrors

07 Notes

11 Paintings

26 Potions

SKILLS

06 Down Arrow

06 Up Arrow

05 Power Up

09 Weapon Skill Icon

24 Stat Modifying Icons

Icon Pics

IconsTeaserPic1.png

IconsTeaserPic2.png

IconsTeaserPic3.png

IconsTeaserPic4.png

IconsTeaserPic5.png

Additions

~POTIONS

21 additional recolors of previous RTP potion graphics, totaling to 30 potion icons(including original RTP, which is 4).

PotionAddition.png

~WEAPONS

15 additional weapons (each has their own skill icon as well).

WeaponAdditions.png

25 Addition sword Icons

gallery_19500_202_2219.png

~KEYS

13 additional key icons, totaling to 19 (including original RTP which is 3).

KeysAddition.png

~SYSTEM ICONS

1 picture and 1 text icon for each standard system function. Pack includes blank system icon, and pictures as stand alone.

SytemIconAdditions.png

Planned Additions

WEAPONS

Sickle

Shamshir

Throwing daggers

Rifle

Thanks in advance for the input.

Download Page

HERE

Edited by Jon Bon

It's hard to tell since this is only a teaser, but there doesn't seem like enough potions or weapons.

Also, It would be really cool if you made more "system" icons (For menu options, i.e. item, skill, equip, save, quit, settings, map, etc) it seems like you might have some that would work for this, but I always find that those are the icons that seem to be missing from all icon sets (or I just haven't looked hard enough)

either way, I think these are really nice and I think it would be very useful to the community. I really like how they're based off of the RTP, which will make it easier to fit into rtp style games :)

I love your icon pack! Very impressive, for so many! The possibilities . . . . . . . . :shok: They numb my mind!

But asides from that, do you think you could add some unconventional weapons with their related skill icons?

For instance, Scythes, rifles, twin pistols, and of course, warhammers and viking axes.

Just saying, that would be awesome!

;)

@Kel

Agreed about weapons, thankfully Grimm suggested some hehe, and yeah had a feeling about potions, but was hoping I could get away with less haha.

You're a genius, system icons never occurred to me. I will definitely get on that.

I will probably do minimum one picture and one word icon for each.

@Grimm

Thank you, that is exactly the weapon inspiration I needed, it's what I think the pack is missing as well.

I will definitely do the scythe can't believe I didn't think of that lol. As for a war hammer did you see the double sided hammer in the weapon section on the far right(may have to scroll screen over, something like that?), it's near the pistol I made from scratch. Which brings me to the pistol, you thinking something like that(revolver) for the dual pistols?

I was on the fence about rifle being too advanced, but heck I'll make it.

Viking axes? Hmm like giant blade on them I guess?

Made me think what weapons I didn't add, Bow Staff, Nun chuck, Throwing stars, Throwing daggers, Sai, Cutlass,

Excellent suggestions both of you, thanks a ton, I couldn't agree more.

I can't agree with Kell more, especially on potions.

I think you should have many variations of the same sprite with those kinds of things (potions, weapons etc).

There are many different types of potions in a game, (usually...) and RMXP only provides like 3 icons.

I can't agree with Kell more, especially on potions.

I think you should have many variations of the same sprite with those kinds of things (potions, weapons etc).

There are many different types of potions in a game, (usually...) and RMXP only provides like 3 icons.

Absolutely, that's kinda the idea. That is in effect what the 560 icons already consist of. I have passed my level of inspiration as far as variations of the existing graphics and need people to make specific suggestions, much like Grimm and Kel did.

I currently only have the 2(3 if you count original) colors of potions, so I will do the existing graphics in every color I have available.

Also I am 'limited' in color choices as I will only use color scales preexisting in the RTP, as this is primarily what keeps the look the same.

Going to do some recolors and weapon creation tonight hopefully, thanks for the post.

As a side note, this is a teaser only in the aspect that you can not use the icons, those pictures are in effect 98%+ of the currently created icons.

Sounds great. Make sure you use colors all in the same "palette" so they don't clash.

Sounds great. Make sure you use colors all in the same "palette" so they don't clash.

That was the very first thing I did, was take some well shaded RTP graphics and make my own RTP palette, you're spot on!

That was actually how I started, with pure recolors, then I got a little better and started doing edits, now I am close to being able to make most things from scratch, as I did with the excellent looking revolver, and the samurai sword.

Edited by Jon Bon

Im seeing a rather lack in variety when it comes to Keys.... I would like to see more keys put into this pack :) other than that the stuff looks beautiful :)

EDIT: as for unconventional weapons.... Could you add Katars and Chain Weapons?

Edited by Blackbound

Just finished updating the post with the additional icons as per suggested/requested.

The pictures can be found in the original post in the Additions section.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I look forward to your feed back on the new icons.

Again, everyone feel free to suggest more icons for addition, or omission even.