New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Wolfus

A request to adopt your old projects

Question

Hello RPGMaker XP veterans!

Sorry for this wall of text. I'm hoping you'll read this and consider my request.

Many of us have at least 1 demo sitting on our computers. We begin a project with good intentions but never finish it. One of the biggest problems is that we're almost always running a 1 man show. It's difficult to stay motivated when it can take a few days to finish a detailed dungeon.

I have an interesting request for any who are willing to give me their projects. The game I'm making is a dungeon-crawler, so to speak. This means there needs to be a variety of dungeons to go through. My goal is to have dozens of "bite sized" dungeons with 5-10 minutes of game play, but to also include lengthier story-based areas. To add to the workload, I'm hoping to give the player options for choosing which dungeons they would like to visit. I'm creating at least 1 puzzle or more per dungeon. They have varying amounts of complexity.

In short, this means hours and hours of simply making maps.

I know many of you have projects that have been collecting dust for months (and years). If you're willing to hand your project to me, I'll salvage what I can and implement it into my own game. Those cool areas you've spent time on will be used as interesting places to raid or explore. I can easily import any puzzles you have with some adjustments to script (since switches and variables are dependent on individual projects).

If you want your full name or other username in the credits, I promise to include you. If you want certain parts of the project untouched, I will honor it. I'm willing to take any parts of your maps or puzzles that you're ready to donate, although I may have to make some adjustments to fit with the continuity of the game.

I can't guarantee that I'll finish this project, but I'm going to do my best to put a demo together. If I get positive feedback, it will be inspiration to continue this game. I already have the core game play setup for the demo, it's just a matter of finishing up the event scripting and a few more maps (which will take a few days at best).

If you would like any other information, I'll do my best to provide it. If you don't feel like donating anything at this time, I understand completely! Thank you for reading this regardless.

7 answers to this question

I don't really have any playable dungeons or anything like that, but if you want just maps, I have a bunch of unused maps laying around..

Don't worry, I'm not expecting fully decked out dungeons (although that would be cool). I'd be glad to take any maps off your hands if you're willing to give them to me.

I can handle all of the eventing/scripting no problem. Thank you for replying, too.

Just to show that this project actually exists: :P

35305343.png

94655429.png

92891748.png

I hope to have a demo up and running sometime soon. I have entire notepads of 8x11 sheets filled with ideas, map drawings, characters and plot lines. It's just a matter of taking the time to convert it into RGPMaker XP code.

Hello there, I'm just posting a follow-up to Kiriashi's post. If you'd still like to send me those maps, I'd gladly take them. If you've changed your mind, that's ok too. Thanks for your time.

I would give you my unfinished stuff if I could figure out how.. Mediafire isn't really working