New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Joey

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (EDIT: Adding in localized names)

Trailer 1

http://youtu.be/uUb4Em78LRs

Plessioth is back, this time you can actually chase this guy down in water. I've never really played Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd, so I've no clue what the difference between the Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian when compared to the Azure Rathalos and Pink Rathian. But Azure and Pinkie are returning in 3G.

Also turns out old monsters gain new attacks, Gigginox aying eggs on its back...Qurupeco doing a dance that puts everyone to sleep...and Jhen Mohran firing a huge blast of sand.

Also forgot to mention they also (hard to tell really) show off the Lagiacrus subspecies. A white Lagiacrus that prefers the land more than water. Also looks like it can enter Area 5 (I think), of the D. Island.

Trailer 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9u_mNWeBOg

This trailer is pretty much telling you that the monsters from Portable 3rd are appearing here, it looks like some may be gaining new attacks as well. Looks like a couple of them are getting new subspecies as well...Dobo's lives in the desert, and has more tail-based attacks. Jinouga's look even more terrifying than Jho...On top of that, Jhen Mohran also has a subspecies...nothing known about that one though. Also, Deviljho looks like he's getting a new look...kinda a mystery at the moment. New subspeices? New look? Special quest? No one knows right now.

EDIT: Well well, it didn't happen at E3, but guess what, it was announced for localization anyways. What took me by surprise is that there will be a Wii U version with online included. Cannot wait until March 2013!

EDIT2: Hey look, a trailer! (From NYCC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee4HLspMA58

If your internet can handle it without stopping the video, play it in fullscreen and 1080p. :P

Confirmed localized monster names.

Aoashira = Arzuros

Urukususu = Lagombi

Doboruberuku = Duramboros

Jinouga = Zinogre

Jinouga Subspecies = Stygian Zinogre

Doboruberuku Subspecies = Rust Duramboros

Burakidiosu = Brachydios

Remaining monsters not confirmed yet.

(insert the 10 bazillion subspecies from Portable 3rd and 3G here, lol)

Dosufurogi

Hapurubokka

Rangurotora

Guran-Miraosu

Edited by Joey

The Nintendo 3DS hurts my eyes, i'm not seeing 3D i'm seeing double. i hate handhelds. but i do have to admit that the game looks very well made.

the graphics aren't everything but the features are.

Well the 3D is optional...everyone experiences it differently. And the developers said they developed this game without the 3D in mind. I tink the main feature here is the Touch Screen customization. :P

Your right, all you buy is optional, last time i got a handheld was a Gameboy(also a gameboy color), man those were awsome Handheld games, Handhelds games now bring you THE CONSOLE EXPERIANCE!!!

I have been a Monster Hunter fan since the original for Playstation 2(still have the pre-order white T-Shirt).

225048_10150576394185401_712520400_17837879_4686954_n.jpg

To the best of my knowledge this is only being released in Japan, and no English version is planned.

Also, they are not adding any online play, only local play.

However, Monster Hunter 4 is currently being developed for the 3DS and will be(unless cancelled) in both English and Japanese.

They're considering it...Capcom usually doesn't announce anything until its released in Japan. (which is Dec. 10th I think...) I've read up on a lot of localization news and stuff like that, so the chances of this hitting the west are high.

They're considering it...Capcom usually doesn't announce anything until its released in Japan. (which is Dec. 10th I think...) I've read up on a lot of localization news and stuff like that, so the chances of this hitting the west are high.

I have been following it as well. Considering there is no online play and the community is outraged, also considering they announced the making of Monster Hunter 4 literally days after announcing 3G, on top of the fact that Monster Hunter 4 has extremely new features added to it. The game is likely to do poorly and they know it, and far more likely Monster Hunter 4 will be released in both(Eng/JP). They seem to be working harder on MH4 then they did on 3G, as well as before it(3G) even launched and for the same system(3DS).

News released in September in order(with a few days between each) went:

-MH3G release announced

-MH4 creation announced

-MH3G no online announced

Take from that what you will, but considering 3G has no online capabilities, I am more looking forward to 4 anyhow.

This scan from a UK magazine is the only thing suggesting it will be released. However it is nothing but the hypothesis of a writer.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Mckrongs/Monster_Hunter_3_G_-_Possible_Europe_Localization%3F

Where as back in September they were quoted as saying nothing was planned for an English release.

Eh, say what you want...still have a good feeling for this game. And MH4 is ways off, they were just saying that they're working on the next generation...and that it looks like its going to be different from the usual games. I don't expect it to come out for another year or two.

Also, I've been saying that they can easily put in friend code support for the West version. Even if it doesn't I wouldn't care much. But the game having no online is no real surprise anyways.

I have been following it as well. Considering there is no online play and the community is outraged, also considering they announced the making of Monster Hunter 4 literally days after announcing 3G, on top of the fact that Monster Hunter 4 has extremely new features added to it. The game is likely to do poorly and they know it, and far more likely Monster Hunter 4 will be released in both(Eng/JP). They seem to be working harder on MH4 then they did on 3G, as well as before it(3G) even launched and for the same system(3DS).

News released in September in order(with a few days between each) went:

-MH3G release announced

-MH4 creation announced

-MH3G no online announced

Take from that what you will, but considering 3G has no online capabilities, I am more looking forward to 4 anyhow.

This scan from a UK magazine is the only thing suggesting it will be released. However it is nothing but the hypothesis of a writer.

http://monsterhunter...Localization%3F

Where as back in September they were quoted as saying nothing was planned for an English release.

While you are correct in many aspects of your argument the fact that it does or does not have online play is not as big as a issue as one might expect. For one every Monster Hunter game that has came out in the U.S on a handheld (PSP) has had no support for online play. The only reason you can play with others online is means of a PS3. If I remember correctly the first two for the PSP was out before the PS3 and they sold fine. The whole PS3 thing from what I understand wasn't even really expected by Capcom just kinda happened. Also while sadly the latest installment of Monster Hunter for the PSP was not available to the PSP. You also have to look at the fact that Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was basically a 2G and it came out and did well. From my personal opinion and from what little I have read and from actions Capcom has taken in the past it would not surprise me if 3G comes out here to. It also wouldn't surprise me if we (consumers) found a way to play online kinda like 2G. I will say this though it could go either way and Capcom has disappointed me in the past so they had better bring that stuff over here.

Also on a last note I agree with Joey its gong to take them forever ( few years) to get 4 up and running. Honestly tri has just gotten boring that activity is not the best. So they need something to keep is interested.

Also like I said, I could very well see them at least using friend codes as an online method if/when they localize it. Although I wouldn't be that surprised if they didn't do anything with online, as with Dragon stating about the Freedom games. Even though hunting with people and friends online is fun, I find myself rather soloing most of the time anyways. Especially since I tend to run into crappy hunters, or trolls/hackers on Tri that tend to just ruin the whole quest for you.

And yeah...Capcom REALLY wanted to get Portable 3rd out here, I can remember if this was because of Sony or if its because the PSP is dead over here that prevented them from that happening. (I know its Sony's fault on the HD version) Seeing how Nintendo would gladly help speed up localization to help the 3DS recover from its crappy start, they're practically putting Portable 3rd on this game (with the monsters mainly, they're the only things that really matters anyway, lol).

Thing is...people has to be PATIENT! xD

Localization announcements don't really happen until AFTER the game is released in Japan for this game. We could hear something 3 days after the release like what happened with Tri, or maybe late December...Or maybe not this year at all and maybe early 2012, or maybe surprise us at E3 and tell us its coming out by the end of Summer, who knows. xD (my estimated localization date would be around Summer. >.>) It could not happen at all, who knows...But I expect chances are high for this game.

As for MH 4, I expect Monster Hunter 3G HD for the Wii U to happen before that game comes out, lol.

Online is a HUGE part of the game. EVERY Monster Hunter has content that can only be unlocked online(multi-player), and only offline. On top of the fact that the online is what allows MORE replay, since they add the event missions which yield unique carves, and there for unique crafting results.

Neither of you are obviously in a Monster Hunter clan, which I am(we play all monster hunter games together since the first), and no online literally cuts the game play in half(unless you know 2-3 friends with the game).

Not only do I feel they will not bring it here, I as a fan I hope they DON'T. Since I probably won't buy it(as won't many others who play for online).

I don't even see how you can condone a game that is designed to be played with others in a 4 player setting, to be not online.

The only reason it isn't online in japan is because it is not that big of an issue there since their population density. So not having online but having system to system play is acceptable for them.

I totally agree that it will be a long time until 4, all the more reason for them to take their time and do it right(include online).

Monster Hunter has gotten more and more into the online, they have emotes, chat systems, food bonus, unique multi-player missions, clan followings and many other reasons to include it, it is far more big a deal than either of you make it out to be. Some of the stuff can only even be carved from online monsters, and vise-verse, the game is totally designed to play offline and online in conjunction.

If you are even going to start with precedence then you may as well look here as you will see there are more times Japan gets copies of the Monster Hunter series than us. The reasoning is that it is far more popular there than here(NA).

Friend Codes would only solve problems of clans and friends playing together. Yeah there are hackers and trolls, but that comes with most online games and is far from fare to use in an anti-online argument. I for one have met tons of excellent players who I have played other games with, as well as future installments of the series.

If they want to make an offline Monster Hunter game, I'm am all for it. But programming a game with online features specifically intended to be played multi-player and then dropping the function is far from the same thing as not planning any online.

On top of all this, have you guys ever beaten the last boss, not the offline one, the online one(since each Monster Hunter has 'two' end bosses). Good luck beating the online boss with only two people, it's impossible unless geared past that fight(IE with downloadable content carves/gear which also requires more than 2 people). That fight is hard with 3 people, let alone 4 on the first try. To me this is what is fun for Monster Hunter, end game online, doing the neat rare missions, 2 wyverns, kirins, huge wyverns etc. So if I buy it I need 2-3 friends with the handheld and the system to even play the extent of the game(which is why I joined a clan).

In conclusion, why the hell would I play Monster Hunter offline when I could play Skyrim?

Monster Hunter is an online game with offline capabilities, not the other way around.

I've fought Alatreon with someone else before with ease, since that person is a pretty skilled hunter. I am as well.

Anyways I'm not gonna bother arguing, we were just pointing out that the handheld games don't have online capabilities, not even here in the west. So I wouldn't be surprised that 3G would remain offline only if/when it popped over here.

...Can't tell if its the new end-game boss, or just some random new monster....whatever. Anyways a new video, a pre-rendered movie.

This is not an argument this is a discussion, arguments are when you say things without proof or reason.

Alatreon is not the online boss, it is the offline one(also fight able online), that one can be solo'd naked.

Ghen Moran is the online boss(only available online) and it is an elder wyvern, much MUCH bigger than an Alatreon, and actually requires a sand ship to fight. Killing it with 2 people is impossible(can only drive it away, if lucky), 3 people is doable but takes the entire quest time.

The handheld games had online REMOVED, not 'not included' totally different, the hand held versions have all been programmed with online and it was taken out before launch.

As an example the Lao-Shan(also elder wyvern), is the giant boss for the 'online' on monster hunter freedom(first hand held), also only available online(multi-player). Same rules apply with this one, literally impossible to kill with 2, there just isn't enough time to bring it's hp down, but again it can be driven away.

The online bosses are always at the end of the first of two tiers for your hunter rank. After beating the online boss you then gain access to the fun missions, IE rare wyverns, two at a time, etc. as well as the + carves and gear.

Removing online play essentially ensures people who don't have 2+ friends with the system and game will never be able to experience the full aspects of multi-player.

Elder Wyverns have been included since the very first game(fatalis) and are a staple of Monster Hunter. They always require more team work and problem solving skills, since instead of simply hack and slash, you must interact with your environment in order to damage the wyvern effectively. IE using cannons, ballistas, gongs, giant spikes etc.

Playing offline is supposed to lead to playing online which will lead to you defeating the elder wyvern and moving onto the last teir of Hunter Ranks.

This format they have followed in ALL their games, regardless of whether it was hand held or not.

Removing online play, as I said before, literally cuts the game play in half, as most players wont ever see or even know about the second tier of the game.

....Umm, Alatreon can only be fought online in Tri, as well as Jhen. Ceadeus is the offline boss.

You are correct, my bad, confused the two for a second. However as correct as you may be, you didn't address any of the other things I said. Also Ghen Moran HAS TO BE BEATEN, to pass HR 30.

Well like I said I'm done talking about online and handhelds...as with Jhen, um, I wasn't even really talking about in the first place. Since I was talking about Alatreon and that he can be taken out with 2 people.

Ghen Moran requires more than two people to beat and HAS TO BE BEAT before you can even fight Alatreon.

So saying you beat Alatreon with 2 people is irrelevant because without online you never would have beaten Ghen Moran.

....Right, why are we talking about this again? Cause they're all fought offline in the handheld games, lol

....Right, why are we talking about this again? Cause they're all fought offline in the handheld games, lol

Wow. Did you pull that out of thin air? Have you even played all the handhelds, and beat all the guild quests?

Lao Shan(MF1/2, MFU)

Ashen Lao Shan (MF1/2, MFU)

Yama Tsukami (MFU)

Fatalis (MF1/2,MFU)

Crimson Fatalis (MF1/2, MFU)

White Fatalis (MFU)

Above are the online only monsters I was referring to(the 3+ to kill bosses).

It's apparent you have not played the entire series, nor have you played to the end of the games.

I am continually stating fact, backed up by evidence.

If you wish to make further statements regarding the series, I am going to have to ask you to cite your reference for proof.

Sidenote: My desktop died right after my previous post and for some reason rmxpu wont send me notifications when I follow threads, sorry for the late reply.

Wow my bad late responses for replying to lol. Anyway I was simply stating that while yes you can play online and there is a "online gathering hall" the handhelds are ad hoc only unless you have a PS3. My reference to that is that I own a PSP and all three Monster Hunter games that came out for it xD ( I'm 2 lazy to find stuff online to cite makes it seem like a research paper :P). Therefore I was stating that the 3DS is quite similar in that you can only play with people who are around you. As of yet I have not heard of a way to connect online as in a server. I have had to fight those monsters that you listed solo or with my cousin just because its ad hoc only and I don't have a PS3.

Yeah, but you are forgetting that the online was removed, not 'not included', totally different.

They went all the way to making the game intended to be played online, then before launch they removed the ability, and don't put servers up. The same is with the new one for 3DS.

What I was saying is that they have gone on record to stating they did not plan on making the 3DS on in English.

The online stuff is my example of why the handheld popularity for the game series is dying in English, and is why we get all consoles, but not all handhelds.

Anyhow you don't have to cite anything I can tell you play and follow the series, Joey however makes lie statements, like the above one.

Also, there is no way you beat Lao Shan or Yama solo, as their HP is too much for anyone to deal in that period of time, they are specifically made to be killed with 3+ ideally 4. 3 can only normally even kill once they are geared PAST the online elder dragons.

The main reason they take so many to kill is that you must use turret type systems to damage the monster, as well as stationary spikes etc, that in conjunction with barrel bomb+ allows enough damage to kill. Only the weapons tiered past these fights deal enough damage to realistically not use the other means of hurting the monster and focus mainly on using your weapon.

This main reason is why the game is intended to be online(3-4) players, and is why the handhelds are not as popular(in realistic

comparison) to the consoles, and why we will most likely(as stated they do not plan to) get an English release.

I base all this off my experience in playing each game, following all the news for the series, and their official post regarding not planning an English release.

Idk 4 sure never made it that far due to stupid PSP charger ( Thought it was charging and then when it went to save power went off and there went my 300 Hour Character + the 120 Hours I had before going to Unite). Because of this I have just been slowly working my way back up :P. I'm kinda excited for the challenge lol. Yea I agree with you that the handhelds are less popular over here because of the fact that there is no online play but the game still did decent over here especially with the PS3 thing. So I will just say I hope that the one for the 3DS comes over here because I need some new stuff 2 beat up xD.

Figured I'd post this...

It's a crappy recording (don't bother with sound, lol) of that unknown monster in that CG movie. I may replace it with a better version when they appear (there's one or two users that are doing good recordings of some quests). But yeah, looks like a "true elder dragon" that's...aquatic? Also, its wings are made of volcanoes, lol.

EDIT: Updated video with gameplay...music is awesome.

Edited by Joey

I'm not entirely sure yet, but it looks like the Vita and 3DS over in the West will be getting Portable 3rd and Tri G this Fall. Hopefully its true, and can't wait. :P

(website says that there'll be an announcement at E3 for Tri G, not sure about 3rd.)

http://asia.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28992107/monster-hunter-tri-g-releasing-in-useu-fall-2012-only-on-3ds

...*sighs* You people need to get into this series. T.T

Why no one talks about it?

I love this series and can't wait till I can play Ultimate.

I really want to see an English version of Frontier, since I am primarily a PC gamer and playing monster hunter on PC would be a big deal for me. Sadly Capcom has stated they will never release it to the western market because of cultural influences in the development of the game, though I honestly don't see that as being such a huge deal, though having western servers of the same game would be huge, and in truth it's about money.

Who wants to have a hunting party, I'm all for a farewell hunting day for Tri since it's servers will be going down after Ultimate is released. Though from what I have heard the servers for Ultimate will be hosted by Nintendo this time.

Like I said, Rage...the only people in the party would be...erm, us. lol

I try talking about this game and I just get ignored... :c

I love Monster Hunter :P. I've been looking at the news everday at http://www.capcom.co...nter/#/en/news/. I still play Tri some but only on occasion since I have been busy working. The differnces mainly in gold ian and silver los compared to the azure and pink counter parts is mainly just HP and the amount of Damage they deal. I've played all the monster hunter games that has ever been realeased here in the United States and they all were good games.

The only thing I'm kind of sad about for 3U is the fact that you wont be able to bring your Tri save data over *Waves goodbye to 900 hours of Tri*. I can say though from what I've heard from the obsessive people who buy the Japan consels and get the Japan version of the game, it is suppose to be harder than Tri and more like the difficulty of Freedom Unite which I'm going to enjoy since I thought Tri was to easy.

Anyhow I'm also working on finishing a place of sorts with fourms for MH3U, as well as a link to my live streaming channel once I finish it :). So you can say I'm pumped for this game and ready to spend double the amount of time on 3U than on Tri lol. So let the Ultimate Hunt begin sometime in March 2013!

Edited by Dragon324