New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Guest Sephirothspawn

Monster Database Advanced

Guest Sephirothspawn

Features

• Assign Monsters into Groups, for quicker searching
  • Counts Times Seen and Defeated for Each Enemy
  • After Seeing an Enemy, it Unlocks the Basic Stats.
  • After Defeating the enemy, see the Amount of Gold Dropped, Items Dropped, and Experience Received
  • Test Battling (If you've seen a monster, you can test battle that monster)
  • Animated Bestairy (Uses Sprites) (Press Right or Left to change the stance)

Screenshots

post-1-0-11549100-1331856373_thumb.gif post-1-0-56185400-1331856378_thumb.gif post-1-0-43661100-1331856387_thumb.gif post-1-0-45130300-1331856392_thumb.gif

The Script

Advanced_Monster_Database.zip

Instructions

• To add an enemy to a group, in the database add (Name of Group) after each enemy's name. (All Enemies not assigned to a group will be classified into a Unassigned Group.
  • For Each Enemy you create, you need to make a Enemy Troop, named the same as your enemy, with only your enemy in it. (I tried adding troops to the $data_troops class, but this is just easier)
  • Insert Script Above Main, but below Scene Battle (The script re-writes a few methods from the default battle system)
  • Call the bestairy with: $scene = Scene_Beastairy.new

I've got a bug with this script. When I save a file and in the main menu I press continue and open the bestiary, I can't see any image. If I press enter, I've got this error:

Script Window_Command in the line 18, type 'RGSS Error'

failed to create bitmap.

it means the game is corrupt and you need to create a new demo to play it.

No, it means a bitmap is trying to be created with invalid dimensions, such as 0 or nil.

I just put it into a new game and it worked fine, thats why I thought it was something wrong with the engine.

Bitmaps cannot by default be serialized, therefore cannot be corrupted in save data.

Dosen't work either in a new project or an existing.

Aw, this script? It's decent, but I believe a few people have had an issue or two with it, like right now apparently. I tried it, but it's not the Bestiary I was looking for, for XP (that's why I'm just making a Bestiary in Events and Variables until I find the perfect Bestiary for my XP game). Again, it's pretty decent, just needs a new demo and maybe a bug or two fixed.

Thank you for sharing the Monster Database Advanced.